Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would Judaism, Christianity, and Islam be without Satan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would Judaism, Christianity, and Islam be without Satan?

I attended a service on Sunday with my family and the pastor was talking about driving Satan out of the country and stuff like that.
    Well, what would Christianity be without Satan? What would the religion do if it were actually possible to drive the devil out of the world?
    Wouldn't that mean ridding of sin entirely? All those "bad" human emotions (temptation, jealousy, stuff like that)?
    And isn't it a more internal matter?

Re: What would Judaism, Christianity, and Islam be without Satan?

Originally posted by Curious Wanderer View Post
    I attended a service on Sunday with my family and the pastor was talking about driving Satan out of the country and stuff like that.
    Well, what would Christianity be without Satan? What would the religion do if it were actually possible to drive the devil out of the world?
    Wouldn't that mean ridding of sin entirely? All those "bad" human emotions (temptation, jealousy, stuff like that)?
    Not sure if you're asking this as a genuine question or just having a vent. Either way - hail, Satan! :devilish:

But even if somehow someone devised a way to completely expel "Satan" from the world - sin would still exist. It's really a moot point what "Satan" is doing anyway since, according to which religious perspective you're coming from, humans would continue to sin regardless of who was or wasn't prompting or tempting them to do so. This is why I find it odd and slightly humorous when religious individuals heap all of the blame for human "sin" onto Satan.

Comment

Maybe Satan needs a Mexican vacation, but doesn't drive.

See "Jesus at the Wheel" for further details.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well, they wouldn't have anything to blame bad things on besides god, I guess, so that wouldn't work.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

As far as I know, there is no Satan in Judaism. When Yhwh created the world, the snake made Eve to eat the apple. Eve then asked Adam to eat the apple as well. Yhwh punished the snake by cutting off its legs. That's what I know.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Interesting question, but the book of Revelation has already answered it. Satan is imprisoned in the abyss for a period of time, then released for a period of time, and then destroyed, along with sin and death. To answer your question, regarding the outcome of all of this in the case of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, they would be things of the past. Jeremiah 31:34 puts it this way: "And they will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, 'KNOW Jehovah!' for they will all of them know me, from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them," is the utterance of Jehovah. "For I shall forgive their error, and their sin I shall remember no more." "
            Last edited by Pathway Machine; 24 Jul 2015, 10:15.

Comment

There is a belief that Judaism(the religious belief) was a result of the Hebrews living near the Sumerians,and picking up some of their beliefs and rituals.
              I am not sure anyone has absolute proof this happened,but some historical scholars think it to be true.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I wasn't raised to believe in Satan, and I was raised as a Christian. Evil is simply a rip in the fabric of empathy, "The Devil" is a name we give to our uncompassionate selfishness and "Hell" is a place that we create and live in when we give in to that.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X