Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies, his finger will tell you if he's nice (and other useful info)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies, his finger will tell you if he's nice (and other useful info)

Can such things be?

Research has, it seems, uncovered an amazing amount of information that can be determined about men (but not women) simply by measuring the difference in length between the index finger and the ring finger, such as: how he is likely to treat women, the size of his pee pee, and (this one actually applies to women as well - useful to men) how promiscuous he (or she) is likely to be.

While this may seem too utterly bizarre to be anything other than an interesting example of a random correlation, the article states that length ratio between index finger and ring finger is determined by the level of male hormones to which a fetus is exposed while in the womb. Since those same hormones have a measurable effect on brain development, there may actually be a connection.

What an interesting world we live in!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Ladies, his finger will tell you if he's nice (and other useful info)

Here is a finger that will express what I think about this study(Sigh...actually I have a tiny finger and am also still a virgin)

See what I did there...the wimins will be all over me now...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Hm, didn't they do a similar study about skull size, and ethnicity a few years back? How about the one where they read the bumps and knots on a person's head to see what kind of person they were. Oh wait don't forget the distance between the eyes and intelligence testing that was done to show differences.

Wonder what will happen when they release the breast size measurements and how that affects personality and habits? Especially the compare and contrast of male to female, should be interesting.

But then in all seriousness what was reported probably has little truth to what the test actually might have indicated and data sets to be compared against what the press reported.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        But then in all seriousness what was reported probably has little truth to what the test actually might have indicated and data sets to be compared against what the press reported.
        That may well be true, but I can't draw any conclusions because the scholarly article appearing in a peer reviewed journal cost $35 to download, and I gottses no money...

I did read the abstract, though, and it appears to jibe with the casual news story.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          That may well be true, but I can't draw any conclusions because the scholarly article appearing in a peer reviewed journal cost $35 to download, and I gottses no money...

I did read the abstract, though, and it appears to jibe with the casual news story.
          I can relate to that money wise. Peer review in general though I found to take most with a grain of salt as they are very selective in who they get to review for each other many times. Especially so if it is a paid review or a counter endorsement to something you reviewed for them. Even more so when its an early review and only a limited number have analyzed the test sets and data. Yeah I'm jaded in that regard I suppose.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
            Peer review in general though I found to take most with a grain of salt as they are very selective in who they get to review for each other many times. Especially so if it is a paid review or a counter endorsement to something you reviewed for them. Even more so when its an early review and only a limited number have analyzed the test sets and data. Yeah I'm jaded in that regard I suppose.
            Most reviewers aren't paid, and in reality the burden of the cost of peer reviewing a paper is on the journal and the reviewer...plus (at least at a high caliber journal), peer review doesn't occur til after the journal has reviewed and preliminairly accepted the article.

But either way, the problem is that too often the public at large (and the media) treat publication as if it is the end result of science, but its really just a cog in the ever-churning wheel. The purpose of peer review is only to review the study, not to validate the data and conclusions. Data validation is a process that occurs after publication (and can take years), as others try to duplicate or replicate (or not) the results.

Unfortunately, the system is still easy to abuse (though better journals will do their best to mitigate this) and its all there is.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Ahhh,find me a kinda science sounding study I can exploit(the coffee is good for you one right now) and I will start selling coffee based little liver pills that I will only imply will make your sex life better,and also will cure your hair loss and stop the horror of dandruff.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I must be a total A-hole then.

Comment

As long as any of those fingers fits in me, it's a go.

Oh yeah I went there. And if you think fingers don't matter....ask lesbians why seeing their gf trim their nails turns them on. No joke.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The twist here is that if your finger ratio indicates that you are nice to women, you have a tiny peter, but if your finger ratio indicates that you are not nice to women, you have a big peter.

Take yer pick!

What a hilarious situation to find yourself in!

Life is one ongoing stretch on weirdness. I don't know what to do with this info but laugh...

Comment

Working...
                    X