Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Advice?

So...

I've been reading up about Paganism for a while, and though I've never been too serious, I think I might want to become one.
    Firstly, I'm male. Right.
    Anyway, I'm not just interested because I think I might be able to 'do magic!' and that, though I do know that's a part of the religion, just less exaggerated or stereotypical.
    Thing is, although I can grasp the basic concepts of most parts of Paganism and I like the idea, I just find it hard to believe in any kind of diety.

I feel like this could be a thing that I could really get involved with, and if I were to have a religion, this would be it.

I just need someone's help in telling me - how exactly does the idea of the male/female diety work? And if you came from Atheism/another religion, how did you come to 'accept' it? I can really get behind the rest of the ideas and concepts, but I just can't seem to make myself see this diety as a thing. However, I really do want to be involved in oaganism, but also not lose the agnostic side of me, in a way.

Thanks in advance to anyone with advice. :sick:

Re: Any Advice?

Firstly you need to know that paganism isn't one religion (to some it's not a religion but a lifestyle or philosophy), it's many many different paths. Some pagans worship deities, I don't have enough experience in that field to enlighten you on it. But some don't worship deities. Some have a strong connection with nature or the universe or something else. You don't have to choose some god/godess you don't believe in, that's not how it works. I think someone asked a question much like yours yesterday, and got some good answers, if you snoop around the forum a bit.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Re: Any Advice?

Iris is quite right about that. You can be pagan, and not worship any deities.

This is another similar and recent thread that may also answer your questions.
      "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Working...
      X