This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save your money and ditch the vitamins!

Seriously, you don't need them. (Unless you have a medically identified deficiency)

Doubling down on the claim.

Tripling down with an interview.

(I take 3 dietary supplements--iron (I have iron deficiency anemic) with vitamin C (helps absorb the iron), calcium with vitamin D (osteoporosis runs in my family and because of my vitiligo I have to be careful with sun exposure, making me vitamin D deficient), and B-12 (I'm borderline for pernicious anemia).
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Save your money and ditch the vitamins!

Haha you sound like me. I also ditched my vitamins, except for those ones. Though, I only take the iron when I get low on blood iron (I swing between anemia and too much blood iron, for some reason, so I have to watch it) and I only take vitamin D in the winter (I'm out in the sun loads in the spring and summer...it's just the winters that are an issue because it's so dark and grey here and I rarely leave the house).

Comment

I've actually been hearing, and repeating, this for ages.

Save your money, buy books and food instead!

I should probably take some calcium though, since I'm pretty vulnerable to osteoporosis down the line due to my small stature, gender, and genetics.

Comment

I ditched them too. Except calcium. My gyno told me to take them. Word. I needs it.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I have diagnosed deficiencies in both iron and Vit D, and at my last blood test my B12 was borderline (though it's been normal in the past). So I take Iron and Vit D and while I'm on them my bloods are normal.

I've never taken a multivitamin though, because I don't believe in taking vitamin tablets except to treat deficiencies or as complimentary neutraceuticals in certain disease states. It's possible to over-supplement fat soluble vitamins and cause deficiencies in other areas, while the body will excrete excess water soluble vitamins so they aren't doing anything anyway.

Comment

I haven't taken any vitamins or supplements in years. Even the whey protein went out the window!

It's nothing but crushed garlic, chopped onions, a tablespoon of honey everyday, tea, black coffee and clean drinking water for me.

Comment

Working...
            X