This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me find a Pagan path anyone?

Hiya, I'm Fiona! Ima newbie (clearly) hehe! I'm searching for my Pagan path. I believe in afterlife, perhaps reincarnation. I don't believe in heaven or hell AT ALL! I love "out there" creation myths. I adore/love magick, Astral Projection, OBE/out of body experience, n lucid dreaming. I love tarot cards n use them frequently. I'm very confused as to what path best fits me n as well as in-depth information on certain paths. If anyone could pair my beliefs n interests to a certain path n explain it to me in-depth that would be amazing! Tank you!!!!!!!! <3

- - - Updated - - -

I also love animals n stones (really anything to do with nature ) I've always had a love for animals n stones especially, ever since I was a little girl.

Re: Help me find a Pagan path anyone?

Oo n I'm in love with gnomes,elves, faeries,sprites, etc.

Comment

I see you didn't list Giants. You don't like Giants? Good, Neither do we.
      -your friendly neighborhood heathen
      "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
      And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
      They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
      The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
      - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
        I see you didn't list Giants. You don't like Giants? Good, Neither do we.
        -your friendly neighborhood heathen
        My problem with giants is the same as my problem with dragons, vampires, and werewolves.

Forgive me for being pretentious, but (despite being made of meat) I'm not food.

Unless we are in a Donner Party type situation and I die first.

With that being said, in regard to the OP...

Originally posted by AwwKitty View Post
        Hiya, I'm Fiona! Ima newbie (clearly) hehe! I'm searching for my Pagan path. I believe in afterlife, perhaps reincarnation. I don't believe in heaven or hell AT ALL! I love "out there" creation myths. I adore/love magick, Astral Projection, OBE/out of body experience, n lucid dreaming. I love tarot cards n use them frequently. I'm very confused as to what path best fits me n as well as in-depth information on certain paths. If anyone could pair my beliefs n interests to a certain path n explain it to me in-depth that would be amazing! Tank you!!!!!!!! <3

- - - Updated - - -

I also love animals n stones (really anything to do with nature ) I've always had a love for animals n stones especially, ever since I was a little girl.

None of what you have mentioned is specific to any particular tradition. The things you've mentioned--magic, astral projection, lucid dreaming, tarot...these are techniques or practices. They are tools that can be used in any path because they aren't explicitly religious in nature. Knowing what practices you are attracted to isn't really helpful because they can be used in any religious framework. Even belief in an afterlife

A better thing to know, if you are looking for a specific path, would be a) what mythology are you attracted do the most, and b) what god or goddess do you feel connected to.

Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with being an eclectic Pagan, provided you approach it with some thought and some research.

We also have an introductory thread for new Pagans that might be of some help.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

As an eclectic pagan, I second that. It takes a lot of research and knowing yourself. But it is worth it to be able to find what feels right to you.

Comment

There are many paths that you can follow and I am sure like many that you will go down many before you find the right one. With what you have said you are drawn to you may want to look into Wicca or Hermetics. Though don't pin yourself with only one choice, there is nothing wrong with being eclectic until you find what works best for you.

Comment

This FAQ is interesting (you don't have to be a teen to use it!)
              While this FAQ is called the Teens and Paganism FAQ because it was originally written with the possible concerns of teen Pagans in mind, the majority of the information on in this FAQ, especially the information on Pagan religions, is just as useful to adults as it is to Teens. The Cauldron is an active, friendly virtual community for members of Pagan religions and their friends, featuring a threaded message board, and over 8 megs of articles, book reviews and other Pagan information. The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum welcomes Wiccans, Witches, Magicians, Druids, Asatru, and members and friends of all other positive Pagan religions.

Comment

My advice is always to read widely, and in as many different paths as you can. See what works for you. Don't feel you need to smush yourself into a mold.
                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I have found that it's a lot easier to narrow things down when you outline what you don't believe in. There are many solitary witches, hedge witches, eclectic pagans, and many other terms that can fit what you've described. Instead of worrying about a label, try to get all your beliefs and desires for your spiritual life in order first.

Start by asking yourself questions: Do I believe in god? Do I believe in many gods? Am I interested in practicing magic? etc
                  No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by AwwKitty View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! You're connected to a lot of things. I myself love music, poetry, tarot and magick.

I also love meditation, yoga and Tai Chi.

I also respect the Tao, Buddhism and Zen.

I have dabbled with hypnosis, OBE and channeling.

If done well... all paths lead to the truth my Pagan friend.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention Art... there has to be Art!

Without going out the door, you can know the ways of the world.
                    Without looking out your window, you can see the Way of Heaven.
                    The farther you go, the less you know.
                    Thus the Sage knows without travelling, sees without looking, does without doing.

Comment

I wonder if she finally found her path as she has not been signed back in since March 2015.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                      X