Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Human microchipping.

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    There's a certain age (or mental state. medical condition, etc) where I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a passive chip... Things that are wearable are removable and breakable. And unlike a tattoo, a chip can be removed when its no longer needed (like my bc in the arm).
    Yup - this is why I have so much trouble making definitive yes/no statements - it can be annoying, but that's the nature of reality...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      Yup - this is why I have so much trouble making definitive yes/no statements - it can be annoying, but that's the nature of reality...

Yup, I agree with that.

ETA: I'm not saying it should be the law of the land, or even routine...I'm just saying that I don't think it shouldn't be an option for caretakers as parents or legal gaurdians when the person is unable to speak for themselves but capable of getting into situations where they might be injured or ill without someone that knows who they are (or for individuals for that matter--say if I had severe epilepsy or something).

(also, I support the general idea that teens should have more autonomy than they are currently granted under the law when it comes to certain aspects of their person (but I can think of plenty of caveats as well)--legal autonomy should maybe be a graduated release sort of thing)
      Last edited by thalassa; 05 Mar 2015, 06:46.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        See, at least I can leave my credit card, passport, and phone at home (I don't drive, and bikes don't have chips). I realize that I usually carry my cards and phone, but I still have the choice not to. You don't get that choice if it's IN you.
        You think you aren't traceable now?

*does the Morpheus bit...

interesting. You think that's air your breathing....
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
          Chips and dip make me so fat I once at nearly a whole cob loaf to myself. I was at someone's house party and everyone was being shy. So they missed out.
          What's a cob loaf?
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Computerised assests of the human body are not, in of themselves, something that I oppose. I personally love some of the recent advancements in production of cybernetic limbs, or robotics to assist individuals who have developed or had biological issues. An example I recently saw was one where a robotic arm had been developed which could fully be controlled through the mind of the user. If I am remembering properly, it even had about 80% of the general mobility of the natural arm and hand.

That being said, I don't like the idea of using things like microchips and the like being inserted into the human body for ordinary and mundane activities. Aside from the fact that it is simply not necessary, it also opens up a whole new area of threats to human security and privacy. If a hacker were to hack into the system, it could prove to be even more harmful than identity theft.

In the end, it also comes down to the fact that human beings do not need something like this. It is hardly an improvement from where we were before, and opens too many issues with security and privacy. Bio-robotics hold great opportunities for human beings, but we don't need to compromise our biological humanity to maximise their potential.

Comment

At some point what is replacement becomes desirable for some just as an upgrade. There are no doubt some who would replace their real limbs for more powerful ones,and if there is some advantage to length of life,there is that also. What is now medical miracle,will at some point be simple augmentation,or even like body mods just for show...
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't think technology should be combined with humans. Maybe i'll change my mind in the future, but it just seems that the government can get into our lives with it.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                  I don't think technology should be combined with humans. Maybe i'll change my mind in the future, but it just seems that the government can get into our lives with it.
                  I think so too. These are our own lives, why should the government know about what we do in our own homes?
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                  X