Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Just for fun) what language(s) would you want to learn off of this list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Just for fun) what language(s) would you want to learn off of this list?

Dutch
    French
    Italian
    Norwegian
    Romanian
    Swedish
    Portuguese
    Indonesian
    Danish
    Czech
    Finnish
    Hindi
    Icelandic
    Irish
    Lao
    Nepali
    Persian (Dari, Farsi, Tajik)
    Polish
    Russian
    Sinhala
    Thai
    Turkish
    Ukrainian
    Uzbek
    Japanese
    Korean
    Arabic
    Or any other language you speak or would want to learn/find interesting.

Re: (Just for fun) what language(s) would you want to learn off of this list?

I have some. Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and Czech.

- - - Updated - - -

Great post, by the way!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Java
      Javascript
      C
      C++
      Perl

Oh wait, wrong type of languages,
      Russian
      Arabic
      Spanish
      whatever the dominant dialect is in China
      Spanish
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Just for you Mask...x86 assembler...also known as machine language....Used to code it in Binary in the way back...
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Italian (I already know some).
          Norwegian, Swedish or Danish (basically dialects of the same language, all highly mutually intelligible).
          Hindi.
          Icelandic (would be able to read Old Norse, virtually different dialects of the same language).
          Russian.
          Japanese.
          śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
          śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Just for you Mask...x86 assembler...also known as machine language....Used to code it in Binary in the way back...
            I hadn't even thought of an assembly language and they have some uses that high level languages don't do as well with. Sounds like a good addition.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It has been my hobby programming language for a long time...started on the 6502(C-64)
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm learning Irish and Italian, so I guess those ones. I'm also learning Scottish Gaelic (I'm actually more interested in that than Irish, but due to the similarities, I'm learning them simultaneously. There are significantly more resources out there for Irish than Scottish Gaelic). And I'm practicing some Spanish so that I can actually talk to people when I go back to Spain in May. Spanish and Gaelic aren't on that list, though :P

Neither is German

Comment

Latin - because much of what I read is translated from Latin, and I'd prefer to read it in the original.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I would definitely want to learn danish, irish and korean! Because they all seem so unique and challenging!

Comment

I know a little Norwegian already. I'd like to learn French and German for purely practical reasons; I read a lot of ancient history, and so much of it is in one of those two languages. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot now, not being able to read them. I wish I knew Japanese just for fun.

And of course . . . some day I dream of learning Ancient Egyptian.

Comment

Portuguese. I love the sound of it, and since I have some background in Italian, French, & German it shouldn't be too hard.

I remember my father talking about Cobal (?) in the late 60's, and bringing home templates with which to draw flow charts.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Scottish Gaelic.

Comment

In the past, and currently, I've learned (most of which I've lost fluency in from disuse): English, French, Spanish, German and Slovenian. And a few curse words in Norwegian if that counts...

I'd love to have the time and brain power to learn Finnish, Russian, and Serbian.

Comment

Persian. I don't know why but it just intrigues me. (And because I used to know a lot of cuss words in Farsi.)

For some reason I'd also like to learn Manchu. I tried to study it but still I dream of waking up someday, speaking and writing fluent Manchu. Mongolian would also do.
                              baah.

Comment

Working...
                              X