Iron Meditation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Meditation

Today I realized that I made up my own meditation technique, or at least I think I have since I have not read about it anywhere, that I thought I could share with you all.

Up until today, it has been 2 years since I touched an iron and an iron board. For some reason I was in the mood for it. So I set everything up and got yesterday's laundry ( which was really wrinkly ) and started to iron them. I found the ironing to be very soothing and found myself not wanting to stop, not wanting the clothes to run out.

As I ironed, I visualized the wrinkles being my obstacles in life as of right now or any negative feelings I had or have been having. As the iron straightened them out and made them smooth again, I visualized my path free of the obstacles and free of the negative emotions. I must say I really did enjoy it and felt very refreshed afterwards and motivated to do other activities.

I suggest this practice for those who are just starting with meditation and visualization and that can operate an iron! ::

Namaste

Dukali
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Re: Iron Meditation

This is great! I don't iron my clothes because they are almost all T-Shirts and sweatpants, but I can certainly see how this technique would be useful framed around vacuuming or other household chores.

Comment

You know, I did not even think about that! But it is very true! I will try it while doing the dishes, cleaning away all the negative energy in my life until my plate is once again clean! Excellent idea! Thank you for your input! Besides, it could turn chores into "me time" .

Comment

This is how I do the dishes!

But not laundry. Ain't no zen in laundry for moi!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          This is how I do the dishes!

But not laundry. Ain't no zen in laundry for moi!
          I realize I lick my lips constantly when doing dishes. I don't know why. Like I'm so concentrating on the swoosh swoosh motion..I'm almost drooling. I guess that's my meditation.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I could kinda see cooking in this light..I myself am not a good cook,but watching my ex sometimes I could see a meditation kind of vibe as she massaged dough for something,or prepped a sauce..Think caldron...Because it is an act of creation in a sense it might be in the area of a spiritual act..
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I have always loved to sweep, its always been soothing. So I would say that sweeping one of my ways for reaching my meditative state. Like Thal laundry and I aren't friends. Though ironing might be different I will have to try it. Playing with doughs though is spell work for me.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I just did some sweeping today and I found that I did not find it as soothing as ironing. But nevertheless, it is great to experiment with different ways of meditation. By meditating while doing these chores, they do not become a chore anymore and I think that is very important since chores usually bring people down and give them a sense of dread sort of.

I will try to incorporate this way of thinking into some basic chores and see how they go. I don't mind sprucing up the place a bit, but maybe this way will be more beneficial.

Comment

Working...
                X