Ask a Catholic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask a Catholic

Hey, so I tried to search for one of these and found them to be both beneficial to the O.P was well as the reader.

I'll start by saying my path has been full of twists and turns, however I do consider myself Catholic.

A bit of info on my current spiritual life is, I attended mass about three times a week Novus Ordo during the week, and Tridentine High Mass on Sunday. I've recently become involved in researching mysticism in my faith, as well as adding nature based practices into my life.

I'd like to answer insightful questions, as opposed to Wikipedia available answers, but I'll do my best.

Re: Ask a Catholic

What do you think about the new Pope? I find him a breath of fresh air and at least a foot in the right direction of the new world.
    Also since I haven't been to mass since I was 15...is mass still focused on sinning? When I went it was a lot of guilt tripping. Not trying to be evil here since it shows I'm a Satanist. just talking from personal experience many moons ago.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I have a Catholic history. My uncle was a Priest. But, I haven't been Catholic for the better part of my 56 years.

However, if this Pope was representative of the current Catholic trend, I might actually consider going to church again.

Not saying I'd actually do it, but it would be a possibility...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Did not read deeply into the story..mainly the headline.
        Pope Francis Says His Tenure At The Vatican Will Be Short

Read for yourself.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-will-be-short
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          What do you think about the new Pope? I find him a breath of fresh air and at least a foot in the right direction of the new world.
          Also since I haven't been to mass since I was 15...is mass still focused on sinning? When I went it was a lot of guilt tripping. Not trying to be evil here since it shows I'm a Satanist. just talking from personal experience many moons ago.
          Thanks for the questions. First let me say that I like Pope Francis, I think he was the best option for the Church. He's only the third Pope of my life time and it does seem as if he broke the mold. There's another question where I'll elaborate more on other aspects of him.

The sinning thing is interesting, it's been my experience that since the Vatican two reforms The church, at least in america has become pretty Luke warm on traditional doctrine, I still see a focus on acts which are considered sinful, but but no condemnation for people being undesirable as sinners.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          Did not read deeply into the story..mainly the headline.
          Pope Francis Says His Tenure At The Vatican Will Be Short

Read for yourself.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-will-be-short

This sort of thing drives Catholics crazy especially more recently. Unlike Father Benedict and Saint John Paul II, Francis seems to say whatever is on his mind, being very unconcerned about how others may perceive it. I'm daily certain as is the case with most articles like this, there will be a follow up were Pope Francis elaborates.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          I have a Catholic history. My uncle was a Priest. But, I haven't been Catholic for the better part of my 56 years.

However, if this Pope was representative of the current Catholic trend, I might actually consider going to church again.

Not saying I'd actually do it, but it would be a possibility...
          Before Pope Francis must everywhere you looked in the Church you'd people who had become isolated and self serving. Francis has come in and has become reestablishing the whole idea of what a Catholic should be. Now with that bring said I think many would be, and perhaps should be underwhelmed with the Novos Ordo mass. There is a movement to "restore the sacred" within the Church and I hope it gets embraced before it becomes more isolated.

Comment

Working...
          X