X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Can't Stand to be Around My Folks

Me thinks I like this Larkin Bloke.....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm a fan for sure!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm in a similar situation; my parents (specifically my mother) continues to use passive-aggressive and guilt-tripping techniques on me for years because I didn't turn out exactly the way she wanted me to be. She switches back and forth temperment-wise and every time I try to offer another choice I get ripped into. Not to mention, as a child of divorce, there was a time where I got stuck in the middle of them fighting. Because that's always a healthy situation for an impressionable child trying to find their own way and dealing with getting bullied at the same time. *Obvious sarcasm is obvious* My dad's family has Bi-Polar Disorder running through it and there was always a time when I felt like I had it (it would explain alot of things I did as a kid and my dad also had it ) but no, my mother never got me tested for it and would resort to comparing me to him sometimes to get her way.

I agree with Medusa; some people won't change no matter how hard you want them to but that doesn't mean that you just let yourself be the emotional whipping boy. People like that can't let go of their own fears and insecurities and then push onto other people or try to "relive" their own lives through them expecting no resistance. I love my parents too but I distanced myself from my dad because I just got sick of always feeling like I was never good enough and being manipulated. I know it's going to happen with my mother when I get my own place.

Enough is enough.

I think someone else mentioned it in this thread but phone calls, texts, etc. are good ways of keeping your distance. (Not to mention good ways of evidence if they are sending bad things to you and they try to deny it.)

Comment

Working...
        X