Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother of pearl inlay table cleaning

Hail!
    Im not sure if this is the proper place to post this thread, but I own a very intricately inlayed table, which I've used as an altar since I've owned it. It's mother of pearl, and absolutely gorgeous. But I have no idea how to properly clean it. There's candle wax all over it, and other residues on it from previous rituals.
    Does anyone how any methods that would not damage the table itself? It's made out of wood, and it's painted black. I have not been able to find any useful solutions online. Any suggestions?
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Re: Mother of pearl inlay table cleaning

I found this on youtube. It might help or getting you looking in the right direction..
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

For the wax,though this is mainly to get wax out of cloth,soft terrry cloth and an iron to heat the terry cloth over the wax..melt wax,suck up in terry cloth Think it was for getting wax out of rugs..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

You could try a couple of paper towels and an iron. Put down a couple layers of paper towels (a soft cloth works too, but doesn't always wash out), and at the lowest setting that will melt the wax through the paper towel. I wouldn't think it would damage the wood or the mother of pearl, but no promises there...but, depending on what is on there, it could potentially react with other substances and do damage.

Freezing wax lets you pop it off of hard surfaces, so you could also try the opposite route and use ice...not sure how feasible that really is though, I usually use it on plates and things, which I put in the freezer.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X