Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zzzzzzzzzzzzz....The Sleep Thread

Sleep is good for you.

If there were a trifecta of health--three things that you can do that make you as healthy as possible, sleep would be one of them (along with healthy eating and moving around alot) (so...I guess there is a trifecta of health, even if my doctor doesn't title it thus).

But, don't take my word for it...this post on the subject is pretty darn good an informative.

Meanwhile, like most of the sleep-deprived, blue-light innundated world, I need to improve my sleep habits.

What about you?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: zzzzzzzzzzzzz....The Sleep Thread

Taking a nap as we speaZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I love sleep. I think I get enough of it. I'll go through bouts of not being able to sleep if I don't exercise enough, but otherwise I'm out pretty much as soon as my head hits the pillow.

I wasn't always that way. I was a hardcore insomniac until I was around 22-23.

My full sleep schedule is also partly a benefit of being a freelancer. I don't sleep particularly late, but because I don't have to be at work at a certain time, I can sleep until I naturally wake up. In the summer, that's usually around 7-7:30, but in the winter, it's closer to 8:30. I can also sleep later if I've had a late night or I'm slightly under the weather.

Comment

I got home and tried to go to bed at 11 pm to get up at 6am. Went through a good portion of my audiobook unable to sleep. Eventually just got up at 5am. Meh.

I am pretty good at hitting my problems straight on. Insomnia is a big symptom of bi polar. And it's one of the very visible few symptoms I still show. Insomnia is the one symptom I cannot seem to control. I think because I control all other aspects of my illness.

So sleeping pills. A lot of them. I used to be up to 2.5 pills a night. But I weened myself back when I realized I was getting back into the 'let's take a bunch and go to sleep forever' mode. So I can take 1 25 mg and be asleep. I have to turn off everything and be in the dark. And I usually have to listen to a podcast of talking or something to quiet the voice in my head I guess. I am a severe insomniac. On my poetry site I have a section of poems dedicated to only insomnia. I mean when i can't sleep I just write about it.

Yeah, so I'm totally listening for answers for my brain.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I have strange sleeping patterns... I try to keep a rythm, but I fail a lot. Whenever I'm stressing about something I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep... lack of sleep usually doesn't make me less stressed so sometimes I need a day to wind down and get back on track. Slept 3 hours too late today, meaninh I got up at 9 and missed classes. But I figured I needed the sleep.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm woken up at least several times a night because of my breathing. I have a lot of fluid in my lungs, but not going into nitty gritty, it really effects my sleep schedule.
            "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
            And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
            They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
            The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
            - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

I have to take drugs to sleep. I wish I could just sleep like a normal human being.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Darkness before bedtime, turning off screens and anything that seeps blue, and melatonin.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  Darkness before bedtime, turning off screens and anything that seeps blue, and melatonin.
                  Yeah, I've done all that. The problem is not that I don't get tired--it's that my brain doesn't shut up.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I sleep best with the little tv on, volume very low. When I was a baby, my crib was in a front room on street level in Brooklyn, and I guess that bit of light/niose is comforting. I know, I'm weird.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      I sleep best with the little tv on, volume very low. When I was a baby, my crib was in a front room on street level in Brooklyn, and I guess that bit of light/niose is comforting. I know, I'm weird.
                      It's more common than you think. When I used to work in the hotel industry, I passed by guests' rooms all the time in the middle of the night and heard the TV on.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I think I have that insomnia where you sleep..it's just pushed over time wise. I can't think of the term, but it's there.

Comment

I had insomnia a lot too until probably this last year. Maybe it's just my getting older, or maybe it's all the weird going on at home. Either way, I'm not complaining about the extra hours of rest.

Although having a bedtime routine helps wonders with the insomnia thing too. Now I just need to eat more overall and regain some weight. And maybe do yoga more routinely.

Comment

This forum would be a ghost town without insomnia.

Comment

Someone remind me, what is sleep again? I do not remember this phenomena...
                              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                              X