X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Church & State News

Goose/Gander need I say more?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

How to use shitty laws to your advantage:

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

And so it goes,don't feed the homeless,it only encourages them to remain alive and we can't be having that now can we.

Humans:can't live with them,can't kill them,and for sure can't feed them.(turns in my membership to the human race back in)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

So once again "Attacks on religion" in the news...I am getting really tired of hearing the whining here. many remember,or have "Blue" laws in place still. Those laws banning selling stuff on a Sunday..among other things.

Blue laws

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working in retail, I have no problem with Blue Laws. They may have been designed for religious purposes but I want holidays back. You do not need to be shopping on Thanksgiving or at 12 AM Black Friday. You will even live if you don't get to go clothes shopping on Sunday. I don't need them to specifically ban retail on religious dates but I would love to shove some non-shopping days down the throat of the US population.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I like that there is a thing called "The weekend",cause people used to work 6 days 12 hours a day..and Sunday was the only time off. Just like it better when it is called a day off,cause your boss understands you are not a machine. But,a paid holiday is good, and getting paid for not working is very good.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Well, here's my state being crazy with the religious 'liberty' again: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/aft...JtU?li=BBnbcA1
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

This is not going to be popular but it needs to be said.
                  A religion - any religion - has the right to refuse to offer its religious rites to those it deems "unacceptable" under the terms of faith. Since a given Christian religion has as part of its doctrine that homosexual acts are a sin, that religion cannot be coerced to perform their right of marriage for a gay couple. This is inferred in the first amendment and has stood in legal decisions over time. The Christian sacrament of marriage can be refused to anyone who is not a member of the church or is not a member in good standing.

I have performed same gender marriages and even multiple couple marriages in my faith long before the legal system acknowledged them. There is nothing in my faith that restricts these practices. Some, maybe even most churches have beliefs that oppose these marriages. It is their loss and not a loss to same gender couples because there are other ways for them to be married. You can't expect any faith to go against their own teachings.

It is my faith based and personal feelings that only the gods and goddesses can decide who should be wed.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Yeah, whatever, that's not the point. No one is being forced into gay activities or activities that condone gayness. The Bill is designed to be discriminatory as it is a wholly pointless other than to say "we don't like your kind 'round here". Quit pretending this is a Constitutional issue.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                      This is not going to be popular but it needs to be said.
                      A religion - any religion - has the right to refuse to offer its religious rites to those it deems "unacceptable" under the terms of faith. Since a given Christian religion has as part of its doctrine that homosexual acts are a sin, that religion cannot be coerced to perform their right of marriage for a gay couple. This is inferred in the first amendment and has stood in legal decisions over time. The Christian sacrament of marriage can be refused to anyone who is not a member of the church or is not a member in good standing.

I have performed same gender marriages and even multiple couple marriages in my faith long before the legal system acknowledged them. There is nothing in my faith that restricts these practices. Some, maybe even most churches have beliefs that oppose these marriages. It is their loss and not a loss to same gender couples because there are other ways for them to be married. You can't expect any faith to go against their own teachings.

It is my faith based and personal feelings that only the gods and goddesses can decide who should be wed.
                      If a religion wants to do what it wants to do privately then I'm all for that. But first pay your taxes and such. No breaks for you if you don't want to follow the United States of America's rules. Just saying. Also those teachings then need to stay in that religion. They cannot be used to sway in government of any kind or level. And you can't use your religion to govern my body or life. I'm not a Christian. I don't have to have sex only when I'm married. And if I want to abort my fetus because I don't want to buy a bigger size of jeans, then you mind your effing business and keep your religious nose out of my life. I'm not a part of your church. Your opinions are then mute.

*your as in the general your. Not you.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

There's a thing going on here in MO now about personalized license plates. http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/jiha...up-controversy The law states: No personalized license plates shall be issued containing any letters, numbers, or combination of letters and numbers which are obscene, profane, patently offensive or contemptuous of a racial or ethnic group, offensive to good taste or decency, or would present an unreasonable danger to the health or safety of the applicant, or other users of streets and highways, or of the public in any location where the vehicle with such a license plate may be found.

Somebody has one reading "JIHAD 1" and there's one that reads "HAMAS", and people are going insane. BUT.....a while back, "ARAYAN" was approved due to 'free speech'. So, is JIHAD a religious expression, does it deserve protection under freedom of speech, etc.? I don't have facts but I'd bet the proverbial farm there are plates with Christian-ish words on them that no one blinks an eye at.
                        sigpic

Comment

Honestly, my position on personalized license plates switches back and forth between

1) Express yourself elsewhere all tags should be randomized

and

2) You want to make your car more memorable in case you break the law? You are willing to pay good money to be easily picked out on the road? Well then, I can help you out. You get a six character limit, it may not imply a government position and I have to verify no one else has it. Otherwise, pick whatever you like. Pictures? Our options are a bit limited right now to guarantee a legible plate but for a small fee we can add a background image
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I wonder if Rok ever got his Pagan1 plate.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Mississippi Church Protection Act. Where a church can designate members to be armed.
                              http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/miss...rmed-security/
                              sigpic

Comment

Part of the Crash course series,this is about freedom of religion here in the US.
                                Enjoy:

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X