Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What are you embarrassed about that you don't know how to use?
    Our printer at work. Last time I opened it up I got toner spat at me
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

A lawnmower.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Mobile phones!

Gods I hate them.

I've been using an htc chacha for the last 4 or 5 years because while I hate it, it was preferable to having to get used to a new phone. All phones look the same now anyway. They're all just large flat and thin.. With either most or all of one side being a screen.

The chacha is horrible though. When you're typing a text message, every now and then for no conceivable reason, it will take you to the delete screen when you're part way through writing a word. Then you have to scroll all the way down to the end of the chat thread to get back to the message you were writing. It's like biting the inside of your cheek; once this happens during a message, it will keep on happening every other word.

Typing in Japanese is horrific too. The phone has a built in keyboard like a blackberry, but you need a touch panel to type Japanese. This therefore has to be squashed onto the already small screen. Not only does this make the keys tiny and hard to use, the panel often obscures the text box so I can't actually see what I'm writing.

The memory is terrible.. you get a warning every few weeks that your memory is low, and the apps it came installed with can't be deleted or moved to a memory card. The camera (as many of you will be aware) is terrible...

So in the end I snapped, and got myself a new phone. I didn't care what it was, so long as it wasn't an htc and had a bigger screen.. but not too big for my tiny hands.

I looked the cashier in the eye and I declared with all the grace of someone who doesn't go out during the day very often; 'give me a phone!!' She laughed, asked me a few questions and started recommending. I stopped her after the first one.. 'I'll just take that then'.. 'you sure you don't want to hear about some others?' 'nope...' I made her chose the colour too. She said the gold was nice.

So.. here I am, with a brand new Samsung Galaxy A5 in gold.

I don't know how to use it, and it's stressing me out. I set it up and some random guy messaged me on something called 'hangouts' saying he just noticed my profile pop up so lets get to know one another better. What???? I hate it when apps I don't care about start splashing my personal details around for anyone to see.

To make matters worse.. the line seems to be down for my previous provider (orange/EE). So I can't get my PAC code and change my number over. Tried to call JP from the new number and I kept getting a weird message about my call being diverted and then it wouldn't connect. Tried my mum then.. connected just fine (hi mum), tried JP again.. same message. JP called me.. connected (hi JP). Then I called him.. this time it worked (hi again). I mean.. what?? Oh then I get a message 'Your request for age restriction has been accepted, please restart your phone to update settings'. My what now? I'm 33. Why would I ask you to do that? Why would I even think to do that?

Then I went on amazon and ordered a nice cover for it. Picked out a pretty white one with some kind of charm thingy hanging from it. The usual 'try amazon prime' panel came up. I tried to click 'no thanks' and realised the thing I was clicking was sneakily part of the 'accept button' because I hadn't read it properly. Now I have a month of amazon prime access.. Gaaah.. (I think I've changed my settings so it won't charge me. Just gonna have to do all my christmas shopping from amazon and over the next 4 weeks I guess >.<).

Got anki working working though, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Gods I hate phones. I said this already, but it's true.. why must everything be so complicated? When did we become slaves to the machines?
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Anything I don't know how to use... I hate asking for help, I am a prideful woman and I can't help it, and if you harass me about not knowing how to do it I get even more upset. Going from pastry to the line was a challenge in the fact that I basically had to start over and had no idea really how to do anything, and I got a bit of a hard time because I have been in a kitchen for so long. But ha I showed them fools.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

My phone plugs into the wall. I couldn't get one with a dial so I settled for the buttons. It has no camera, screen, or apps but I can call those I wish to talk to and they can call me. I can take it with me on trips but it either won't work as a phone or I need a very long cord.
            I do not fear the technology I just don't have any use for it. When I am away from home I can use my laptop for email and have all my important information and software with me. The laptop and two of my desktops have all the same software and they are sync'd so all my files are where they should be. My third desktop runs FreeDOS and is loaded with my own old software as well as newer apps for some of the stuff I do.
            I have had at least one computer since 1978 and back then if you wanted software you wrote it yourself.
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

What fear have you conquered?
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Speaking in public. People noticing me... I'm still working on the rest
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I've always been terrified of bees; when I was a kid, I stepped on a wild bee hive and ended up in the hospital. This past summer, I finally conquered that fear.

I worked part time at a plant nursery and had to deal with bees (especially bumble bees) kind of nonstop. Now, after handling plants crawling with them for six months and not having been stung once, I've gotten over my fear of them

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                    Speaking in public. People noticing me... I'm still working on the rest
                    Wow. That's pretty impressive. I used to wonder why so many people find speaking in public so terrifying but now I've developed the same fear myself... damn.
                    baah.

Comment

Wow. That's pretty impressive. I used to wonder why so many people find speaking in public so terrifying but now I've developed the same fear myself... damn.
                      It can still make me nervous, but I find that once I start, I'm usually enjoying myself it can be conquered, but it takes patience.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

That medication would do me more harm than good.
                        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Where has you been DEZ?...been a while..
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I overcame agoraphobia in my teens. I had been threatened or physically attacked by complete strangers on a number of occasions and it made me scared to leave the house unattended. It was many years before I could ride the metro though. Then after about 2 years of occasionally taking the metro home after a night out, I was set upon by 3 girls off their heads on drugs. Never took the metro again after that.

I guess I'm getting over my anxiety, although I've had a bad few days... worrying about death again. Not sure why.
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              Where has you been DEZ?...been a while..

It'd be a long story 0.o

Short version? Now a manager for a pizza place. It eats my life for lunch.
                              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                                It'd be a long story 0.o

Short version? Now a manager for a pizza place. It eats my life for lunch.
                                Hmm... pizza...

Also welcome back. If you keep disappearing then I'm going to chain you to a keyboard, just thought I'd give fair warning.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X