Yay me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay me!

So, Thal inspired me. I thought we needed a thread in which to shamelessly enthuse about stuff and be proud of ourselves

So I'll start. Yay! I have easter holliday now. And I got a part in a play yay me!
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Re: Yay me!

YAY!!

FRIDAY!!

Also, Hubby is cleaning the house today while I'm at work!

DOUBLE YAY!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Great idea for a thread! I've been doing cognitive therapy and positive thinking training for anxiety and one thing I do is write down every day before bed, one thing I am grateful for. I also have a band on my wrist that I have to twang whenever I think something negative about myself. I think this thread is a nice way to continue this positive thinking training!

Yey for me for coming home form night shift, putting a load of washing in, washing and putting away the dishes, cleaning the cat's litter tray, vacuuming throughout, cleaning the benches and table tops then hanging out the washing before hitting the hay.

Sure, I do this same routine every morning before bed, but I'd like to yay myself, because I think JP just assumes the fairies must do all of this.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Yay me! I've gone three days without a cigarette. I relapsed a couple weeks ago, but really need to quit for my health. The first three days are the hardest, so now, I have a real footing in quitting again
        "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
        And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
        They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
        The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
        - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Yey me! Got up at 6am, completed all anki reviews for the day by 6:30. Emptied the fridge while my breakfast was cooking. Switched it off to start defrosting. Had breakfast, made a coffee then started painting the doors in the livingroom (there are 4 and a half.. half being a small door to the second cupboard above the main cupboard). Break from painting at 1pm while I go out and do the grocery shopping and buy wallpaper for the kitchen, lobby and bathroom. Mam's for a cuppa and chat on the way home. Back home around 4pm. Checked progress of fridge. Set up the space heater (raised on a stool for safety), to hurry things along. Washed the dishes. Then started painting again. There's a little bit left to do tomorrow, but most of the painting is done now. I've just vacuumed, dusted, and cleaned the bathroom. Finally sitting down with a glass of wine and feeling bloody smug about my productive day!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

So I did something (that for me anyways) is uber techy!
            I have been listening to an mp3 file of my audiobook Mutated. And the file ends on my player at 8 hours. Apparently my player will not hold a file bigger then that in one shot. Usually my audiobooks are in a folder in smaller 1 hour track. This one happened to download all in one. So I'm riding home yesterday and I'm like why is this book ending with no big bang? I go to my file at home and realize the file is actually 12 hours long!

I google mp3 splitter. Download a program along with a converter. I split the mp3 where I needed and converted it from wav to mp3 (to save space) in about 10 minutes.

I didn't even cry!
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yay me!

I modified my grandpa's super-secret, uber-unhealthy delicious chocolate cake, just enough to hide some zucchini in it for a child that won't eat green things.

It smells awesome.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Yay the gods of Wifi! My WiFi on de laptop is baaaack! Whoot whoot!
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I did it. I quit the play! the director was very nasty about it, but my fellow actors immediately teamed up with me, which was quite touching. So now I don't feel guilty about quitting, because the only one who blames me is the idiot who ruined the show in the first place and I have learned how to say no.
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                    I did it. I quit the play! the director was very nasty about it, but my fellow actors immediately teamed up with me, which was quite touching. So now I don't feel guilty about quitting, because the only one who blames me is the idiot who ruined the show in the first place and I have learned how to say no.
                    The best lesson ever is learning how to say no. Good job!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yay me! I don't think I've ever felt more in tuned to my spirituality, its connection to everyday life and how it plays out in praxis. <3
                      Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

I passed my phonetics exam phew
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

YAY!!

And yay me! I finally found a 100% plastic free bottle scrubber!

(its the little things that make me happy)
                          sigpic

Comment

baah.

Comment

Lol thanks. My phone doesn't do phonemes ^^
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power