A Second Self?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Second Self?

Oh my goodness Jembru!! I am so glad we still have you here. I'm so glad you've come to see White Horse as your body. What a life-changing moment for you. Our bodies are so very sacred. I have a lot to learn about this too. Each has their special qualities and their limitations. I'm just now appreciating that maybe you even showing the profile of your face in your avatar was a bold move for you. You are a treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
      Oh my goodness Jembru!! I am so glad we still have you here. I'm so glad you've come to see White Horse as your body. What a life-changing moment for you. Our bodies are so very sacred. I have a lot to learn about this too. Each has their special qualities and their limitations. I'm just now appreciating that maybe you even showing the profile of your face in your avatar was a bold move for you. You are a treasure.
      Thanks for the comment and words of encouragement!

It's weird, but after a short while working with this new concept of White Horse, my attitude towards my physical self is improving, but I'm starting to feel inadequate about external things like my home and possessions, my mediocre income and lack of any social status. I never used to care about these things before, because I could see plainly that I was happier in my work-life and got more pleasure out of the simple things than many of my higher achieving friends. That always meant more to me than money and status symbols. I wonder though, if trying to fit some ideal body shape or whatever, was my attempt to have something others can admire, so I'm not an all-round failure.. just largely a failure.

I guess this means I still have a way to go before I feel fully content, assuming that's even possible. In time, the other creatures in my second world will surely reveal their own unique lessons to me, and it's my hope that each one will bring me closer to happiness.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Sometimes when there is a change within we feel something needs to change outside ... Could mean anything from relocating, changing careers or as simple as a few new plants in the yard or a new color for the front door ... Remember, things that are meant to happen (changes included) do so when they are supposed to ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
          Sometimes when there is a change within we feel something needs to change outside ... Could mean anything from relocating, changing careers or as simple as a few new plants in the yard or a new color for the front door ... Remember, things that are meant to happen (changes included) do so when they are supposed to ...
          Now that's interesting.. because I've started redecorating the bathroom. The fact that I have to wait until at least next week before I can get my wallpaper is one of the things I've been getting myself worked up about. As soon as I has decided I want to change it, I've been unable to rest in there.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Reading this thread has been fascinating. Thanks for openly sharing it all!

About changing external situations, I don't want to be a downer but this sounds quite familiar to me as a person with anxiety issues: when one thing is gets "fixed", attention and anxiety pick another target. Of course it is a positive change to care about your surroundings instead of obsessing over the body but I'd be cautious not to make it the next project that has to be 100% controlled and perfected.

Take it easy, enjoy the journey and keep us posted!
            baah.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X