Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adult Acne

Originally posted by MaggieU View Post
    Did you consider to take him to a nutritionist? From what I know, adult acne can appear if some conditions are met, like having a stressful life, not eating right and healthy, not exercising and overall having an unbalanced lifestyle. So in order to get better you have to treat these conditions seriously. Being stressed about his acne will result in more acne. If you tried everything, cream, pills, oils and nothing worked you may want to try curing acne from inside for I believe acne can be cured naturally. Try following a healthier diet, with more fruits and vegetables, join a gym, exercise with him to relieve stress. If you want more info on this you can check here mbreviews.com/get-rid-of-acne-naturally-2/ for a more extensive guide for curing acne in a natural way.
    Stress could well be a factor. He's just had 4 days off because of the Easter bank holiday and his spots have cleared up quite a lot! That said, he also sat out in the sun with me on Friday afternoon, so the sun might have helped. It's also been over a week since he stopped drinking beer (it was getting to almost every night and could be as many as 4 cans), and started just having a small glass of red wine when he fancies a drink. So it's hard to pinpoint just one factor.

His diet is pretty good. He eats a lot of seafood and loves salmon, which I usually serve with potatoes and veg. I make him chicken pasta once a week and always chop up a head of fresh broccoli. I eat everything with either a side salad or miso soup, and this is a habit he's started to copy. He snacks on grapes while he's at his desk and will usually eat the entire bunch unless I separate them and hid half in the fridge (he's not a fridge raider). He also takes a multivitamin.. it's one specifically formulated for healthy skin and hair. So I don't think his diet is the issue. Also, we work out together every 2 days; to the Amy Child's workout (why did I just admit that? ^^), and he also walks to and from work, which is a little over 30 minutes one way, so he's walking for an hour a day. Neither of us drives, so walking is an unavoidable part of daily life for us.

He hates his job though, and he is very distressed about the condition of his skin, so it could be stress. The strange thing though, is that this is ONLY on his face. Acne typically affects the chest and back too. It certainly did when I suffered with it! That's why someone at work suggested that it might be rosacea. It does look very similar.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

The journal is a great idea, keep in mind it could be a reaction to a food, an allergy. Maybe something he eats often could be contributing to it. Sorry I don't have anything better to offer. Has he tried taking an anti inflammatory to see if it eases anything? If it makes him more comfortable it's some information a doc could use to his benefit.
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

If it is rosacea, alcohol, stress, certain foods (usually spicy foods, but I've known a girl where it was milk), sun/wind burn, overheating can all cause or exacerbate flareups. The journal is still a good idea. Plus, if he's walking, he needs sunscreen...proly just a 15 he can apply before he leaves and when he comes back home.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X