Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insight into whatever this dream might mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insight into whatever this dream might mean?

Hopefully this is in the right place. I'm hoping someone here might have some insight into this as it's completely foreign to me. I fell asleep on the couch last night (which is where I typically sleep) and, at some point in the middle of the night, had a dream that was, well...awful and far too vivid. In this dream it was extremely dark and dank and there were a lot of people that were miserable, panicked, and just terrified. People were trying to escape from something but I have no idea what it was. They were clamoring, crawling...just trying to get "out" of wherever they were (I was there too but kind of detached from what was going on). It was hell-ish for lack of a better way of explaining it. I woke up for a minute (scared) and when I went back to sleep I fell right back into the same dream. Only this time, there was someone (a female I think) begging, pleading for me to put something around my neck...it looked like a necklace but I couldn't tell what is was for sure. She was trying to hand it to me but something was pulling her away from me. She said it was the only thing that could save me. As I was waking up, I absolutely knew it was a Virgin Mary medal that she was trying to give me. Now, here's the thing...I am not now, nor have I ever been Catholic or felt any pull towards it (or Mary) whatsoever. I wasn't raised in a particularly Christian household (I can't remember ever going to church with my family) so I'm not sure what the significance of this might be. I'm not prone to having bad dreams either. When I do dream it usually has something to do with whatever was on the TV when I fell asleep (Star Wars makes for some interesting dreams) or whatever I ate prior to falling asleep (burritos, for example, inevitably make my dreams feel like I'm wandering around in a Dr. Seuss book...just all manner of weirdness :what. I also usually forget them within minutes of waking up. This didn't exactly feel like a dream, but not really a premonition either. I do have a VM medal that was given to me years ago by a friend. I found it today after a bit of digging around (and this incessant feeling that I needed to get my hands on it) but, as I don't have any real relationship with her, it just feels kind of strange. I've been trying to chalk it up as some random occurrence but I can't shake the feeling that there's more to it and it's been driving me crazy all day. Anybody else have something like this happen to them? Any thoughts on, well...any of it? Thanks in advance for any insight and sorry for such a long post...

Re: Insight into whatever this dream might mean?

Mary is the archetype of the Great Mother. Perhaps thinking of it that way will help you make sense of it. Whether it is your own mother or the divine female or Mother Earth or ??? is for you to decide.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Dreams are very symbolic, rarely being as up front as wearing the actual item seen. So I would look at where in your life (or what part of yourself) you are feeling trapped? Where do you crave freedom? Are there people in your life who you view as trapped, do you desire to assist them? Do you feel like others view you as "needing to be saved"? Do feel there is a person who holds the key to being set free (perhaps through judgement, boss etc.) The VM is a mother archetype, but it could also be a symbol for something that you hold sacred. Does this sacred thing offer protection, or is it simply an embodiment of an ideal? I would love to hear any insights, deciphering dreams is so much fun. They are layers and layers!

Comment

nbdy & MoonLitMagicElements... Thank you both so much, the responses helped immensely! I tend to look at things too literally sometimes which is why it helps me to have others give a more objective view. I have a much better understanding of what this dream was about...it now makes perfect sense given the circumstances but I just couldn't figure it out before. That whole "can't see the forest for the trees" thing, I guess. Thanks again :^^:

Comment

Peace of mind is good.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
          X