Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Gods of Polytheism extra terrestrial beings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are the Gods of Polytheism extra terrestrial beings?

I don't believe in the Ancient Alien things either. I think there are planes of existence and that the gods are on those. I don't think Midgard is Earth I think there are places in Midgard similar to Earth and that allows the gods and us to interact on a astral or spiritual level. We have those things here in the form of wights and our dead. That's why rivers, trees and mountains pop up on all myths and spiritual texts. They are what link the planes and give them access to each other.

Comment

What if we are our own aliens time traveling back or side or whatever it was in Interstellar. What if?!@!@

meh.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I was actually thinking what if there was an "Ancient Alien" or not even Alien but an actual pantheon of original deities that manifested themselves in the physical but they were from a very strange unknowable dimension outside of what we can understand. Perhaps this original pantheon or alien race inspirred the belief in the common types of deities we see but they had to leave or went away for some unknown reasons and as humanity spread across the world , they carried these beliefs with them and they became altered by time and culture and language as humanity grew and we have but a small fraction of what was actually left behind. Interesting to think about likely no but who really knows ?

Comment

Mhm. I think the difficulty with this (in the form that you're proposing it, not so much in the standard Ancient Aliens form) is that it divorces Gods from their history and mythology. You're right that if I had an experience in which I encountered some kind of supernatural being, I would have no way of knowing whether it was really divine or just extremely technologically advanced.

But I'm not a mystic / a spirit worker / whatever, and I never have encountered such a thing. The Osiris I worship is the Osiris of Egyptian belief. Even if that was originally inspired by contact with some extraterrestrial being, that's not really relevant. Osiris is the king of the afterlife. If this theoretical extraterrestrial isn't, then it's not Osiris. It could be the inspiration for Osiris, but it couldn't be Osiris.

Comment

What if this particular Alien did have powers over the after life but it wasn't a god it was just incomprehensible, also What if not aliens but actual deities existed at some point like from another dimension of reality actual gods and what if they came down to Earth interacted and intervened and then they were separated from us by some unknown reason and that is why we don't have supernatural experiences that our ancestors documented.

Comment

Does anyone remember the original Star Trek episode "Who mourns for Adonais?" It deals with this topic. The crew of the Enterprise are held captive by a being who claims to be Apollo

Comment

Originally posted by Wonder View Post
                Hi,

I think the title says it all. Basically all the Polytheists I me told me that their Gods are finite and limited in their powers, not omniscient or omnipotent like the God of monotheism. That begs the question, are these entites not actually some form of highly evolved extra terrestrial beings, who mastered spacetime and dimensions so has to appear like 'Gods'?

I pray you to consider this not as a disrespect to your beliefs, but as a legitimate question.

Thanks.
                While enjoying a Mocha-Hazelnut Latte, sipping the froth ever-so-lightly and munching on a chocolate bagel, I posed this very question to Eris. She flipped to the next page of the latest issue of People magazine as she answered "Meh. Maybe. I doubt it. Are you going to finish that?" as she pointed to my Biscotti. I then asked her the simple question of where did all the Gods and Goddesses come from. She frowned, then replied "do you remember that one episode of Three's Company where there was a misunderstanding?" The moment I went to answer that in every episode of Three's Company there was always a huge misunderstanding, Eris spouted "Yeah, its a lot like that-" and took a sip of my Latte. I became nervous.
                There is beauty in darkness for those who dare enter the shadows to embrace it. - John Coughlin

Comment

Working...
                X