Auschwitz guard admits guilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auschwitz guard admits guilt

This is very interesting: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/...ilt/ar-AAbqLTv

What do you think? Do you think that he should go to jail after all these years? He's in his nineties and is one of the last Nazis left. I'm glad he came forward, but I don't know what the end should be for him.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: Auschwitz guard admits guilt

Truthfully no. The article says he was basically charged once and then dropped for lack of evidence.

I think the one position presented in the article that by being at the place he is as guilty of what occurred as those who did it is bs. To me no more responsible for what occurs within than the guard at the insane asylum is responsible for what the doctors do to their patients. That or the guards at the many Prisoner of War camps, allied or axis, and the things that occurred at them either. If you can prove a certain guard did something then charge and try them in court. If you can't do not convict them simply because they were present. To do that means a lot of people would be charged as more than a few governments were made aware of what was transpiring in the death camps but didn't believe it or elected not to acknowledge it.

Though what really gets me though is the constant "Jewish" connection to the death camps. A lot more than just Jews were killed whole sale in those camps but you don't hear about them. We tend not to hear about the horrors and sub-human outlook that was pushed upon Slavic prisoners of war, the least of them not being recognized as prisoners of war. The purification of German citizens who had an ancestry that contained any less than desirable blood lines not just Jewish ones again. The murder of German citizens in mental hospitals and wards who were done away with long before the death camps really were set up.

Not making light of the Jewish deaths or what they as a people experienced. Yet I simply do not buy the guilt by association or ones presence in the area. Being on the platform receiving the human cargo is not being the one pushing and whipping them into the death houses. It's not being the one who dropped the canisters or opened the valves to release the gas. It's not being the one who authorized it or tried to make it acceptable to the sensibilities of those who stood guard.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

You know, in a weird way, nothing that anyone could do to the man now would be much worse than what he has probably done to himself over the years. Imagine living with that kind of guilt/shame/memory. The fact he was only caught for speaking out against Holocaust deniers shows the level of awareness he has.
      He probably feels better in a weird way for admitting his guilt.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

And at 93,what can they really do to him,sentence him to death,I mean 93 years old...life in prison...that is kinda a joke in itself....Fine him money he will never have,ever.....As you said Tylluan,he has lived with this his whole life....
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
          Truthfully no. The article says he was basically charged once and then dropped for lack of evidence.

I think the one position presented in the article that by being at the place he is as guilty of what occurred as those who did it is bs. To me no more responsible for what occurs within than the guard at the insane asylum is responsible for what the doctors do to their patients. That or the guards at the many Prisoner of War camps, allied or axis, and the things that occurred at them either. If you can prove a certain guard did something then charge and try them in court. If you can't do not convict them simply because they were present. To do that means a lot of people would be charged as more than a few governments were made aware of what was transpiring in the death camps but didn't believe it or elected not to acknowledge it.

Though what really gets me though is the constant "Jewish" connection to the death camps. A lot more than just Jews were killed whole sale in those camps but you don't hear about them. We tend not to hear about the horrors and sub-human outlook that was pushed upon Slavic prisoners of war, the least of them not being recognized as prisoners of war. The purification of German citizens who had an ancestry that contained any less than desirable blood lines not just Jewish ones again. The murder of German citizens in mental hospitals and wards who were done away with long before the death camps really were set up.

Not making light of the Jewish deaths or what they as a people experienced. Yet I simply do not buy the guilt by association or ones presence in the area. Being on the platform receiving the human cargo is not being the one pushing and whipping them into the death houses. It's not being the one who dropped the canisters or opened the valves to release the gas. It's not being the one who authorized it or tried to make it acceptable to the sensibilities of those who stood guard.
          Monsno, I agree. There were more than Jews that were killed at the death camps. For example, Russian POWs. I don't think that this man can be punished accordingly with the law. If he receives 3-15 years, will he survive? He is 93 years old! It's good that he came out finally, and he will live with what he did for the rest of his life.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I saw a photo of this guy in uniform,and the first thing I noticed was a deaths head on his hat,and SS lightning bolts on his collar. Seems he was with the SS,so I am doubtful of his complete innocence in the camps...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I'm told I had relatives die over there for protecting/hiding Jewish neighbors, etc. I really wish people could just coexist and all.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

So If I lie and don't get caught I can get away with....murder?
                Cool.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Just until you turn 93...then you have to pay the piper...Its a rule...and we do NOT break the RULES!!!!!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

In all seriousness. I think punishing a man who is 93 by jail time does nothing for the man. I mean he's lived with it. But hell. That dude that had those chicks in his basement lived with that for a long time as well. Means zero.
                    But for the victims and the victims' families? It means that Justice does not go away. It means something to them. I realize he wasn't pushing the victims into the gas chambers. And you get to make that decision for yourself at the time. People say but he could have died if he had gone against the Nazi regime. Lots of Germans risked their lives against the Nazi regime to save human beings. Imagine if EVERY German had done that? Would we even have this? Imagine if every HUMAN had done that? Stood up against what you know is wrong.

No. As Gandolf would say. You SHALL NOT PASS.
                    Go directly to jail.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

There was a suggestion in a story about the camps that the people in the nearby village were also responsible because they KNEW what was going on,but ignored it.

Had to add this....people who were in the underground in Germany were tried and convicted of treason and died...to this day their relatives are trying to get the traitor label off their relatives records. That is so sad and stupid...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I agree with you guys. He is in the wrong because he participated nonetheless of his occupation. There are so much that people deny about the Holocaust today, which is so sad and that some haven't got their justice and never will.

Here's another link: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...ess/ar-AAbqgga

He's asking for forgiveness. It would be hard for me to forgive him if I was in the position of the Auschitz families.
                        Anubisa

Comment

Morally, I haven't decided my position on whether the guy should be punished yet.

Legally, if you have to change the laws twice to get at a man then you're doing it wrong. Nuremberg (and several related trials) have been argued to be Ex Post Facto which I normally despise but something had to be done regarding a number of individuals so I'm willing to overlook it. This guy couldn't be prosecuted under the standards put in place after WW2 but Germany wants to prosecute him so they take a modification of the law made after they're forced to initially drop charges and intend to use that. I don't want this man punished enough to start encouraging Ex Post Facto. Retroactive law is for the most part, bad law.
                          "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                          ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            Morally, I haven't decided my position on whether the guy should be punished yet.

Legally, if you have to change the laws twice to get at a man then you're doing it wrong. Nuremberg (and several related trials) have been argued to be Ex Post Facto which I normally despise but something had to be done regarding a number of individuals so I'm willing to overlook it. This guy couldn't be prosecuted under the standards put in place after WW2 but Germany wants to prosecute him so they take a modification of the law made after they're forced to initially drop charges and intend to use that. I don't want this man punished enough to start encouraging Ex Post Facto. Retroactive law is for the most part, bad law.
                            This.

Sometimes justice isn't fair.
                            “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                            ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                            ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

When we look at how history is written,we note that it tends to favor the victor of any long conflict. I do wonder how we would be thinking if Germany had won that war. Would there perhaps be American or English generals that were seen as war criminals. Just a thought game...we WON,so just be a true believer in the idea,truth always wins out,no matter what.(Even when it clearly does not)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                              X