What do you collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you collect?

I know a lot of us have numerous types of odds and ends we pride in numbers. What do you collect? Anything from coins, to the tears of your enemies.
    My collection
    -Skulls of all types of animals and living creatures, with any type of bones
    -Feathers, all found on my travels
    -Minerals and Crystals
    -Books, anything 1800s and previous. I also look for detailed bindings and prints.
    -dream catchers
    -wind chimes
    -antique bottles

what about you friends, what do you collect?
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Re: What do you collect?

Back in the day I collected cds. Because I worked at a music store for 8 years.
    Running a Hot Topic I grew into a few collections.
    ~Band tees (mostly manson and nin)
    ~Figurines. The Crow, Spawn, Darth Sith, Manson, Freddy etc.
    ~Living Dead Dolls (I'm actually about to dust them off and see if Ebay wants them
    ~Nightmare Before Christmas. Dolls in coffins, fountains, plushies, alarm clocks.
    ~Books on Hell, Renaissance art and occult

This list above is in my closet in boxes. Oh, I collect wooden boxes

Now today?
    Under my bed is approximately 30 or so Wolverine comic books in a box. Every bday or Christmas my friends give me collections they find out and about. I collect Wolvie dolls. But only for the bathroom.

And mostly lipsticks in various shades of nude/pink/mauve. Like for reals.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What books do you have? Any firsts, or handwrittens? I'm a huge book nerd.
      "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
      And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
      They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
      The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
      - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Nah. I have all the hardcovers of the Anne Rice Vampire books. But I also have old books from thrift stores like The Story of O I picked up for a quarter. They haven't seen the light of day in over 15 years. My room is too small to put a book shelf up in. So I collect other 'books'. I collect all Wolverine digital comics. I even have spread sheets and sub categories.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Notebooks and stationary in general. In fact, I think hoarding better describes my behaviour than collecting. I have so many books waiting to be used, and if there is a matching range, I'll buy everything in the set.

Now and then I'll collect albums of stickers. My last such collection being Plants VS zombies. I used to collect pokemon trading cards. Well, I still buy them but not to 'get them all', but just because I still dabble in the game itself. Oh and it might come as little surprise that I have a pretty impressive collection of costume kitty ears. I forget how many pairs exactly, but it's in excess of 20. In fact, I have a few iitems of clothes with ears on, and even a bowler hat! JP recently gave me bunny ears for Easter and it blew my mind...

I'm a magpie, so collecting is natural for me!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I collect books and graphic novels mostly. Right now I am obsessed with books on history, particularly War World II, Vietnam, Korean War, etc... Regarding comics, I am collecting a lot of Mike Mignola comics ex. Hellboy, B.P.R.D. and I would like to start reading Abe Sapien. Mike Mignola is such a great graphic novel artist.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Kentucky Derby glasses and various horseracing paraphernalia - this, and Buddy's molted feathers, iare the only things I actively collect today.
              I have 45's spanning the 70's - about 400 of them
              Little tiny rabbit figurines
              Books, etc. The oldest books are my grandfather's citizenship handbook from the 1930's and a 2-part edition of Through the Looking Glass from 1946.
              Various & sundry artifacts from high school & college, ticket stubs, etc., very neatly packed away in an old trunk.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Military rifles from WWI and WWII - earlier, when I can afford them...

Also, books - I have a complete set of the 1001 Arabian Nights, 1923, Mardus/Mathews edition (wish I had the Burton edition!), first edition hardcover Fu Manchu and other bits by Sax Rhomer (Dope, The Green Eyes of Bast, etc.), for instance.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I think the only way to describe it would be 'little bits of odds and ends from the earth'. I'm constantly picking up acorns, seashells, little sticks, a flower, little pebbles, rocks, feathers, moss, what-have-you. My house (and car) are covered in them. I have the earth all over my house. I collect these things at home, when I travel, when I go for a walk - I love it when people mail me bits of the earth from their part of the world (ie: Thal sent me sassafras once, that was awesome and delicious)

It's an obsession, really.

I, uhh...also collect debt. Though I wish I didn't.

Mostly art.

Comment

Ancient Greek and Roman period coins, mostly depicting images of Hekate, Artemis, Diana with a few for Luna, Selene, Poseidon, Demeter, etc.

Postage Stamps though now mostly topical collections depicting the same subject material as the coins. Still have country albums though for Canada, US and topical collection of Sailing ships on stamps.

That also means I collect various books, articles, news papers, etc that pertain to collecting coins and stamps.

I suppose one could say I collect genealogical books, primary source material, family stories and lore as well as I am the family genealogist.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Sanity and souls
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                        Ancient Greek and Roman period coins, mostly depicting images of Hekate, Artemis, Diana with a few for Luna, Selene, Poseidon, Demeter, etc
                        Those are so cool! I started getting interested in them also when I used some to make jewelry (did NOT damage the coins!), and discovered that the common ones are VERY affordable. It is so cool to have something so old, and it got me into reading about the various Roman emperors.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Sanity and souls
                        Must be hard to find good, high quality specimens...
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Must be hard to find good, high quality specimens...
                          Depends on the year. This hasn't been the best year for it.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            Depends on the year. This hasn't been the best year for it.
                            Elections coming up. It won't get any better...

Comment

• Videos of movies I like.
                              • Books, religious and philosophy based, too many. I've weeded out those I know I will probably never read, though I'm reluctant to give them away on the outside chance I will read them.
                              • CDs.
                              • Decorative items: statues, brass incense holders, candle holders, small bottles.
                              • Clothes.
                              śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                              śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Working...
                              X