What do you collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you collect?

Being that I am a bit of a relic myself,dust is what I collect......
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      Those are so cool! I started getting interested in them also when I used some to make jewelry (did NOT damage the coins!), and discovered that the common ones are VERY affordable. It is so cool to have something so old, and it got me into reading about the various Roman emperors..
      There are definitely some affordable ones out there. Unfortunately there are also some that go into the hundred's of thousands of dollars. If I ever hit the lottery I might go for those higher levels ones but i'm content with the ones I get. Have to admit though that some of the early Celtic copies are pretty good as well though I haven't purchased any of those yet. The subject imagery on them is a great doorway into not only the rulers but also the mythology, beliefs and even religious aspects.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Shark tooth fossils.

Comment

It will probably sound strange, but I collect feelingz.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I guess I left this one out, but I also collect art. Not priceless art from Mr. So and So, but I seek art from people I know, who draw or paint. I have paintings and drawings that date back to my middle school period. I've kept everything. Which reminds me, if anyone wants to draw me something, and send it over yander, feel free to. You may get something awesome in return.

As for the souls, what do you use to contain them?
            "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
            And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
            They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
            The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
            - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

I also tend to collect art - my own, because nobody else seems to want to collect it.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                I also tend to collect art - my own, because nobody else seems to want to collect it.
                I'll collect your art.
                - Finn's Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                  As for the souls, what do you use to contain them?
                  Message boards
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I collect many things, mostly nerd/gamer type:

- Comics (more DC than Marvel)
                    - Videogame figurines ( I got The Keeper, Leon Kennedy and a mini skull kid)
                    - Weapons, various swords and daggers
                    - Asian posters, bowls, animals, lanterns etc.
                    - Fantasy stuff (faeries, dragons, etc.)
                    - books

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      Message boards
                      have I been compromised? Wait... I sold my soul for a pack of funonions when I was 14. Sorry, you're too late.
                      - Finn's Saga

Comment

Oh I forgot. I collect single socks.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

You know I get in trouble for collecting... KP says I hoard things. I completely disagree. Anyway onto my collection list.

*fairies- to be specific I collect Amy Brown art work, figurines, socks, stickers, whatever. I liked the woman when she was still doing Renn Fairs.
                          *owl stuff
                          *stones- i like em all
                          *cook books/books
                          *cast iron
                          *i also collect bits and mementos of important times in my life.
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                            You know I get in trouble for collecting... KP says I hoard things. I completely disagree. Anyway onto my collection list.

*fairies- to be specific I collect Amy Brown art work, figurines, socks, stickers, whatever. I liked the woman when she was still doing Renn Fairs.
                            *owl stuff
                            *stones- i like em all
                            *cook books/books
                            *cast iron
                            *i also collect bits and mementos of important times in my life.
                            My girlfriend broke a shelf of her bookcase by overloading it with heavy cookbooks. Wasn't a flimsy shelf either. Needless to say, she has many cookbooks. Quite a problem if you ask me. Anytime she goes to a thrift store, she'll bring back a couple more. I find she has a problem, but hey, I bring home dead animals so I can't really talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            Oh I forgot. I collect single socks.
                            I think my house eats socks. Or, could be the fairies in the washing machine. Damn water breathing fairies.
                            - Finn's Saga

Comment

Oh, I just remembered something else.. when I was younger, I collected unicorns. Anything from cuddly toys to ornaments (yeah, I'm trying to imagine what would be between those implied extremes too, I'm drawing a blank though.)

As people mentioned books, I guess you could say JP and I collect those too. We have no fewer than 6 bookcases in a 2 bedroom flat, and two of those are those massive 4x4 things you get in ikea. There is a shelf of books in the wardrobe I use to house my altar too, and a small box of books stands on my desk too. I sometimes fantasise about being able to have a show-home style clutter free home, but unless we re-home the hundreds of books that eat up our space, that won't ever happen.
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                                I'll collect your art.
                                Normally, this would be incentive enough to direct you to my Etsy site, but Etsy and I don't get along anymore, I've been expelled, and have become persona non grata.

I think I'll try Artfire next...

However, you can still view my cheese here.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X