X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you collect?

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Oh I forgot. I collect single socks.
    So,Mistress of the socks,it has been you all these years that grabs those phantom footsies. For shame,do you not understand how maddening you make the sock drawer feel,blamed for the disappeared,and the poor dryer and washer,brought to tears from being yelled at by people just mad and late for work anyway..the last straw...a missing sock...for shame.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      So,Mistress of the socks,it has been you all these years that grabs those phantom footsies. For shame,do you not understand how maddening you make the sock drawer feel,blamed for the disappeared,and the poor dryer and washer,brought to tears from being yelled at by people just mad and late for work anyway..the last straw...a missing sock...for shame.
      But all jokes aside, how DOES this keep happening? I will only put socks into the washer in pairs, I hang them to dry in pairs, hanginmg together on the same hook, and still I end up with a drawer of widowed socks. How??

And while we're at it, why is it that men end up with holes in their socks after only a few months, yet it takes me years to walk my way through a sock? I say men, because every male partner I have had has had this problem, and my mam tells me my dad was the same, yet my girlfriends have always managed to keep their socks intact like I can. (Not that I'm saying I've had a lot of partners though... So it's a small test group).
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

They launch themselves into the hose zone layer of the atmosphere.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Plop,right on the floor,laughing my socks off..Thank you Hawk,I really needed that one,,,
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Plop,right on the floor,laughing my socks off..Thank you Hawk,I really needed that one,,,
            YW! Wish I'd made it up, but I saw it in a cartoon long ago. Seriously maybe all that lint is what's really causing climate change.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
              But all jokes aside, how DOES this keep happening? I will only put socks into the washer in pairs, I hang them to dry in pairs, hanginmg together on the same hook, and still I end up with a drawer of widowed socks. How??
              She that Raptures socks: The Invisible Pink Unicorn.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

OK, seriously: Today I took everything out of my dresser drawers to rearrange. I found a couple of socks that had gotten folded in with other things. Socks pick up a huge amount of static cling and sometimes they attach to a towel or something, and you don't find them for a while!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  She that Raptures socks: The Invisible Pink Unicorn.
                  Could she and Medusa be one and the same? I always felt their was something pink and horney about her.

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  OK, seriously: Today I took everything out of my dresser drawers to rearrange. I found a couple of socks that had gotten folded in with other things. Socks pick up a huge amount of static cling and sometimes they attach to a towel or something, and you don't find them for a while!
                  I guess, but I have some odd socks that have been single for a few years. I'm scared to throw them out in case the other one comes back. I feel like the socks are winning at this stage.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I now buy plain back no show socks. So even when I lose a single one, I just keep it till I lose another single one. And then I make a date with them. A nice dinner, perhaps a movie. See if they will make a good match. I'm a sock match maker!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I collect books...it's actually a bit of a problem at this point. I've got at least thirty two feet of books on shelves plus a few boxes that aren't shelved due to a distinct shortage of shelves to put them on. If only I could buy extras for the bookcases I already have... *sigh*

Of my collection, nearly nine and a half feet consist entirely of technical books related to my field but, for one reason or another, many of those are no longer useful to me so I need to find a way to sell them without losing tremendous amounts of money in the process. Over the last few years, I've probably spent close to a thousand dollars on books that I no longer want or need so I can't just get rid of them on the cheap. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Unlogisch View Post
                        I collect books...it's actually a bit of a problem at this point. I've got at least thirty two feet of books on shelves plus a few boxes that aren't shelved due to a distinct shortage of shelves to put them on. If only I could buy extras for the bookcases I already have... *sigh*

Of my collection, nearly nine and a half feet consist entirely of technical books related to my field but, for one reason or another, many of those are no longer useful to me so I need to find a way to sell them without losing tremendous amounts of money in the process. Over the last few years, I've probably spent close to a thousand dollars on books that I no longer want or need so I can't just get rid of them on the cheap. Anyone have any ideas?
                        Sounds like me. I keep buying and it keeps adding up.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Beads. Sooooo many beads. I never have enough beads. I like to scour thrift shops for old, forgotten, unwanted jewelry.
                          Unique earrings. I currently have a pair of potion bottle earrings (think old RPGs, one red and one blue), a pair of polymer clay Umbreon earrings, and some tentacle fake gauge earrings. I lurve them.
                          I moved not too recently, and lost what few little collections I had going, but I also like to collect sea shells, Japanese and Victorian fans, crystals and rocks (of which I have none T.T), and black cat figurines. Doesn't matter what kind. I just love black cats.
                          My little monster is growing quite a stuffed animal collection.

Comment

Episcias, sedums and sempervivums, which are all plant species.

Comment

I too, collect books...lots and lots of damn books....
                              Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Bad feelings.
                                baah.

Comment

Working...
                                X