What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

-7 with the wind this morning. I guess summer and autumn are simultaneously over.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      Is that the year your kid turns 18?

I'm in. There's always mountains to be climbed.
      No, 16. Which means she'll be old enough to go with us and maybe actually enjoy it. I think 12 is the minimum age, but it seems at 16 they're more likely to actually accomplish it.

On a different note:
      Any of our peeps on here evacuating?
      Last edited by Shahaku; 11 Sep 2018, 05:57.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

The other day I got my first set of elder futhark runes and 40 chime candles(and brass candle holder).

Today I get my altar cloth, zodiac candle holder, and a pentagram candle snuffer. I also got a couple books on runes, and candle magic for my kindle. I also got an eye of horus/ra leather bracelet, a small odin statue, and a necklace with a norse pendent.

Oh and a cool tactical pocket knife(with small light, knife sharpener, fire starter, and bottle opener all fit in different places in the handle) for carving the candles.

All this only cost about $125. After just a few years I'm going full pagan. Man I'm excited.
        Last edited by pillar; 11 Sep 2018, 06:11.

Comment

This is my great x10 aunt...

:=o:
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Now we know where you get it from...

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I saw my tattoo artist at Stick Tattoo. They are one of the best tattoo and piercing shops ever and treat you like family. He did my first tattoo and is now doing my second. My second tattoo is going to be of Lord Anubis. I brought him some pictures of Anubis, but told him that I didn't want it to be exactly like them. I wanted his own take. I also am having him put a cartouche of Anubis' name and my two names Sat-Anubis (which means Daughter of Anubis) and my Wiccan name Anubisa. I trust him a whole lot because he did such a great job with my ankh. I'm not going to be able to get it done till December and it is going to be broken up into two sessions. The first is probably going to hurt more than the second. That will probably be the black ink. Lord Anubis is represented with black on his head so I better get prepared. Lol! I just cannot wait till December!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Chill,she is right behind you B. De.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  Chill,she is right behind you B. De.
                  's OK. The Puritans will protect me from evil.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    I saw my tattoo artist at Stick Tattoo. They are one of the best tattoo and piercing shops ever and treat you like family. He did my first tattoo and is now doing my second. My second tattoo is going to be of Lord Anubis. I brought him some pictures of Anubis, but told him that I didn't want it to be exactly like them. I wanted his own take. I also am having him put a cartouche of Anubis' name and my two names Sat-Anubis (which means Daughter of Anubis) and my Wiccan name Anubisa. I trust him a whole lot because he did such a great job with my ankh. I'm not going to be able to get it done till December and it is going to be broken up into two sessions. The first is probably going to hurt more than the second. That will probably be the black ink. Lord Anubis is represented with black on his head so I better get prepared. Lol! I just cannot wait till December!
                    The outlines hurt more because they have to go a bit deeper, it's not the color itself. So, filling in with black doesn't hurt any more than filling in with any other color. If that helps set you at ease.

Ancestry updated their DNA results recently. I know some of you got DNA done through them, it might be worth checking. England went from 88% on mine to 49% with Ireland and Scotland added at 33%. There's also a significant Germanic ancestry that showed up (11%), and small bits from Norway, Sweden, and East Europe/Russia. My Native American DNA still isn't showing up, but I'm sure that's due to small sample size. My great-great grandmother on my dad's side was Native American.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                      The outlines hurt more because they have to go a bit deeper, it's not the color itself. So, filling in with black doesn't hurt any more than filling in with any other color. If that helps set you at ease.

Ancestry updated their DNA results recently. I know some of you got DNA done through them, it might be worth checking. England went from 88% on mine to 49% with Ireland and Scotland added at 33%. There's also a significant Germanic ancestry that showed up (11%), and small bits from Norway, Sweden, and East Europe/Russia. My Native American DNA still isn't showing up, but I'm sure that's due to small sample size. My great-great grandmother on my dad's side was Native American.
                      Cool! I so want to do the Ancestry thing. I'm probably going to wait till next year to do that. I do know that my grandma and great-grandmother were both Hungarian. I also know that I have Cherokee in my family. So I want to know a little more. I hope you find out the Native American info. soon.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm in so much pain right now. I barely made it through the massage yesterday (hindsight, methinks I shouldn't have gone for the normal deep tissue, post car-accident... )
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                          I'm in so much pain right now. I barely made it through the massage yesterday (hindsight, methinks I shouldn't have gone for the normal deep tissue, post car-accident... )
                          Hope you feel better soon, Juni.

I'm thinking that my partner is going hunting solo in the mountains several hundred kilometers from people or home tomorrow, and I'm super freaked out about it. We're both avid outdoorspeople, but solo in grizzly country is a different beast.

He's not even bringing a Sat phone or satellite tracking device and he'll be gone the better part of a week.

I'm really worried about his safety.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            Hope you feel better soon, Juni.

I'm thinking that my partner is going hunting solo in the mountains several hundred kilometers from people or home tomorrow, and I'm super freaked out about it. We're both avid outdoorspeople, but solo in grizzly country is a different beast.

He's not even bringing a Sat phone or satellite tracking device and he'll be gone the better part of a week.

I'm really worried about his safety.
                            Any particular reason he's not taking some form of comm device?

I'd think they pretty much epitomize the rule of "Better to have and not need than need and not have."
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              Any particular reason he's not taking some form of comm device?

I'd think they pretty much epitomize the rule of "Better to have and not need than need and not have."
                              We don't own one (they're very expensive).

He was supposed to borrow an inReach device from a friend of ours, but she's a bit scatterbrained and can't remember where she placed it. By the time we found out he couldn't borrow it, it was too late to try and borrow a sat phone from work.

So he's just going with nothing instead. He just left this morning. I've got to figure out how not to let my heart fall out of the bottom of my stomach for five days.

I'm sure he'll be fine, but...it's the mountains. Things happen. We're not mountain people anymore - we're open tundra people. He's going to try and go after some mountain sheep.

Mostly art.

Comment

I woke up to the whole house shaking, loud engines above. It was weird to realize that I immediately recognized it as planes flying low and slow as they line up to dump water on a nearby wildfire that is threatening a town near us. Guess I've heard it before.

Also, I guess my husband was right when he didn't want to buy a house there because the mountainside was prone to fire. This is the second time in 5 years that approximately the same spot has been on fire--- lots of newer subdivisions there. Well, new by my standards.

Volcaniclastic- I bet the mountain skills will come back to him pretty quickly and he will be fine. Not that you won't worry anyway. That kind of worrying is torture. I think it has gotten worse in situations like this since we have so many communication options now. When we don't have them, it is really disconcerting. In the past a situation like this was still worrisome, but we coped with the lack of communication better.

On another note, it is kind of funny that your friend lost her GPS tracking device. It seems like the one thing that should be really hard to lose. Not that I couldn't manage losing one.

Comment

Working...
                                X