X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    I'm curious to know if the maintenance took care of this issue. Please let us know if you continue to have this problem.
    Thanks!
    Noma'amitstillwontletmeputspacesinsomeonfmythreads

alright lets try again.. No ma'am it has not fixed the issue.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      Noma'amitstillwontletmeputspacesinsomeonfmythreads

alright lets try again.. No ma'am it has not fixed the issue.
      Hmm, I'm not yet convinced that it's our software, though. I still feel it could be a browser-plugin/add-on interference or something since this only happens to a select few of you. It's not a usergroup issue, since Heka isn't a supporter and she's experienced it.

Would you be willing to try a different browser? (I don't recall seeing if you already tried this; Apologies, if you have.)

If the problem persists across browsers, I'll ping vBulletin for insight.
      Thanks!

Edit: Follow up question, does this only happen when you quote someone? Heka said it happened when she used quick-reply along with quoting someone. Could help narrow down things.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not yet convinced that it's our software, though. I still feel it could be a browser-plugin/add-on interference or something since this only happens to a select few of you. It's not a usergroup issue, since Heka isn't a supporter and she's experienced it.

Would you be willing to try a different browser? (I don't recall seeing if you already tried this; Apologies, if you have.)

If the problem persists across browsers, I'll ping vBulletin for insight.
        Thanks!

Edit: Follow up question, does this only happen when you quote someone? Heka said it happened when she used quick-reply along with quoting someone. Could help narrow down things.
        I have not tried a new browser and it's only on my laptop. If I'm on my phone I have no problems with spacing, and it's only when I do a reply with quote. I will however try a different browser and see if that fixes it.
        Last edited by kalynraye; 06 Jan 2017, 12:09.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Heka isn't a supporter
          Yeah Yeah I know 😜
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

So, this actually just happened to me a few moments ago. I noticed it when I used the quick reply with quoting someone but also toggled between the WYSIWYG and Source editor mode (the icon on the far left of the edit bar). I am also using the up to date version of Chrome. Toggling back and forth once seemed to resolve the issue but I will need to follow this lead to find out what specifically is causing it.
            At least there seems to be a quick fix for the moment.

I'll update you guys when I've found a permanent solution. Until then, just toggle between editor mode once or twice and it should work normally again.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            Sneak Attack

Comment

PF is being buggy with me. I've made two posts. One says don't do duplicate posts...and I haven't. The second one has me duplicating a post in the rant even though I hit submit once.

edit with a bunch of lines pf unable to connect warning blah blah then goes away before I can catch it to copy.
              Last edited by Medusa; 28 Mar 2017, 02:21.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Might be Go daddy's fault..but They always seem to get the blame,perhaps for good reason.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  PF is being buggy with me. I've made two posts. One says don't do duplicate posts...and I haven't. The second one has me duplicating a post in the rant even though I hit submit once.

edit with a bunch of lines pf unable to connect warning blah blah then goes away before I can catch it to copy.
                  My app keeps dropping out, cant connect to server type thing, then i have to retype my post. And then sometimes it will say it wont post, the accuse me of duplicate posting too...

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Has anyone else noticed the message coming up that this site is not secure? Google, Firefox, and Chrome (there are probably more) have decided to highlight the matter of security certificates. I had to spend ages earlier this week getting my own site upgraded.
                    It either shows as a padlock with a red diagonal on the LH side of the browser window,or as a grey circle with and 'i' in it. Click on that and it tells you this site isn't secure.
                    Just thought I would mention it. I'm sure it IS secure though.
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                      Has anyone else noticed the message coming up that this site is not secure? Google, Firefox, and Chrome (there are probably more) have decided to highlight the matter of security certificates. I had to spend ages earlier this week getting my own site upgraded.
                      It either shows as a padlock with a red diagonal on the LH side of the browser window,or as a grey circle with and 'i' in it. Click on that and it tells you this site isn't secure.
                      Just thought I would mention it. I'm sure it IS secure though.
                      In the sense that your browser is talking about, PF is insecure. Your browser is saying that we don't encrypt trafic between PF and your computer. This means that someone with the right equipment and skillset can potentially use a program like wireshark to read everything sent from your machine to PF (including your password). Doing so however requires that our would be hacker be on the network you are using or to compromise one of the machines that your traffic is relayed through. The latter is relatively uncommon and the former is largely an issue if you use public wifi or if your home wifi is insecure. If you only access PF from home and your home network is protected then the odds of someone stealing your login data with wireshark are limited.

Juni and I have discussed upgrading the site to HTTPS which would counter this trick but a final decision hasn't been made yet.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                        My app keeps dropping out, cant connect to server type thing, then i have to retype my post. And then sometimes it will say it wont post, the accuse me of duplicate posting too...
                        I haven't run across these yet (at least not recently). I know that GoDaddy issues have cut off access to the site in the past for periods of a couple hours at a time but I don't think that's the issue at hand. The may be an issue on your side or it may be site side. I'm not sure yet of the cause.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I just made a post that has itself duplicated with 'edited' in between... except I didn't edit anything, I just wrote it once and hit post. Seems a bit bugged today.

- - - Updated - - -

I just made a post that has itself duplicated with 'edited' in between... except I didn't edit anything, I just wrote it once and hit post. Seems a bit bugged today.

Update: yep. On this one I was told the post is a duplicate.
                          You remind me of the babe
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Same's happening here...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by iris View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Same's happening here...
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

If people have been getting time out messages when trying to load pages on PF, and then this happens, that generally points me to our host server being messed with. We haven't made any changes to the software recently that would produce this sort of issue and our host doesn't inform us of any work on the server since we share the server space with other people, too. It's just like the phone or power company working on power or phone lines. There's too many people to notify so they don't and you just have to deal with outages once in a while.
                              Sneak Attack

Comment

Whats GoDaddy? Better than ForumRunner?

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment