What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Midterms on Monday. Woo. These two classes are the last two major classes. I need to pass them. I've passed everything else, but I'm worried. They throw the "weed-out" class at you at the very end of the program apparently, according to those that have completed the program, RA is the hardest... At least Embalming II is mostly review. Restorative art is apparently mostly detailed facial human anatomy. Memorizing all the fossa, muscles, bones, etc. Ugh.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
      Midterms on Monday. Woo. These two classes are the last two major classes. I need to pass them. I've passed everything else, but I'm worried. They throw the "weed-out" class at you at the very end of the program apparently, according to those that have completed the program, RA is the hardest... At least Embalming II is mostly review. Restorative art is apparently mostly detailed facial human anatomy. Memorizing all the fossa, muscles, bones, etc. Ugh.
      Good luck!!!

I'm thinking about how I need 3 more parents permissions to light the fire st work today... so close!
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Nine more days until I get a different internet provider, living out in the rural boonies internet service can be terrible out here.

Other things, I find modern dating to be a joke and way too complicated than it needs to be.

I despise this modern culture of monetary materialism and this culture resembles a zero social trust one. I think one person said it best that extreme loneliness is hell or damnation. It is also a zero sum game and I hate it. It doesn't help living in poverty either but I like to think it has made me a more humble person over the years where I've tried adopting a kind of stoic mindset, although there are days where that is of little constellation or reassurance. I am going to school trying to improve my lot in life but is extremely hard for me to feel optimistic. I often wonder what the fates have in store for me and in many cases I'm horrified just thinking about it too much.

How so very much I just want a joyous simple life away from the world's ugliness or complications but I'm starting to think that no longer exists.
        Last edited by Pythagoras; 05 Jun 2019, 17:36.
        "When Zeus was setting all things in order there fell from him drops of sacred blood, and from them, as they say, arose the race of men."- Flavius Claudius Iulianus Augustus

Comment

Saw my tattoo artist today for my third tattoo. I'm planning on getting the eye of Horus on my left arm where the Ankh is. He is also going to touch up both tattoos. I also got a second set of piercings on my ears. Just a set above my lobes. Was out with nephew and dad pretty much all day and went to eat and got some books for myself and three for my nephew (he's going through a pokemon phase) and a magazine for my dad. It was a pretty good day.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
            Saw my tattoo artist today for my third tattoo. I'm planning on getting the eye of Horus on my left arm where the Ankh is. He is also going to touch up both tattoos. I also got a second set of piercings on my ears. Just a set above my lobes. Was out with nephew and dad pretty much all day and went to eat and got some books for myself and three for my nephew (he's going through a pokemon phase) and a magazine for my dad. It was a pretty good day.
            ooo this reminds me! I got my heka tattoo! I've got lots of tattoos now lol but I got my heka one!!!

RIP

You cut your hair short
            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras View Post
              Nine more days until I get a different internet provider, living out in the rural boonies internet service can be terrible out here.

Other things, I find modern dating to be a joke and way too complicated than it needs to be.

I despise this modern culture of monetary materialism and this culture resembles a zero social trust one. I think one person said it best that extreme loneliness is hell or damnation. It is also a zero sum game and I hate it. It doesn't help living in poverty either but I like to think it has made me a more humble person over the years where I've tried adopting a kind of stoic mindset, although there are days where that is of little constellation or reassurance. I am going to school trying to improve my lot in life but is extremely hard for me to feel optimistic. I often wonder what the fates have in store for me and in many cases I'm horrified just thinking about it too much.

How so very much I just want a joyous simple life away from the world's ugliness or complications but I'm starting to think that no longer exists.
              I hear you on the rural internet thing. We have to have a satalite dish, which leaves us at the mercy of the weather.

As regards what the fates have in store for you - it's the same thing they have in store for everybody, at all times, and in all places. You're dealt a hand, and you have to play it as well as you can. That's all.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                ooo this reminds me! I got my heka tattoo! I've got lots of tattoos now lol but I got my heka one!!!
                I want another tattoo now too...

One more day until freeeeeeeedom

Mostly art.

Comment

Do I want to drive an hour north looking for something or not?
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm thinkin' about, after record rainfall amounts and record flood levels, 6 more inches of rain... today... in about an hour...
                    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                    Clan of my Clan
                    Kin of my Kin
                    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                      I'm thinkin' about, after record rainfall amounts and record flood levels, 6 more inches of rain... today... in about an hour...
                      The weather is nuts this year. We got spring weather two months early, and now have a really cold Spring. There was a tornado last week in the NWT (unheard of), all the ones in the states and one in Ottawa last week. Frost warnings on the east coast and out of control forest fires on the west coast, and also all the floodings in the last month.

What is going on?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        What is going on?
                        If only we knew. Guess it must just be God punishing us for the gays.
                        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          I want another tattoo now too...

One more day until freeeeeeeedom
                          Since yall last saw me I may have accidentally went and got like 14 tattoos and i think 7 more holes in my head :devil:

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                          Can you send some this way please? We're currently 2 years into drought, with the lowest recorded rain for Jan-Jun in 100 years. Also last year I think we got all of 4 inches. Our annual rainfall is about 12. But yeah, 4 last year. I don't think we've cracked 35mm yet this year. I've started referring to rain in points, because 16 points sounds better than 4mm.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                          If only we knew. Guess it must just be God punishing us for the gays.
                          Ya know, our drought really kicked in when we passed marriage equality, so must be!
                          Last edited by Heka; 06 Jun 2019, 18:12. Reason: sp

RIP

You cut your hair short
                          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Thinking about how much I don't want to go back to work tomorrow. Oh well. Gotta get that money. I've just been feeling so tired lately. It's that nephew. Lol!
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Potentially TMI, you've been warned. My gf is having some sort of leaking, which could be her mucous plug, but could also be her waters leaking. Either way, it's a fairly good sign that labor is getting closer. I'm jumpy excited, but trying to hold back, because it could technically be another week or two if it's her mucous plug.
                              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I am playing golf today. Wtf

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                                Potentially TMI, you've been warned. My gf is having some sort of leaking, which could be her mucous plug, but could also be her waters leaking. Either way, it's a fairly good sign that labor is getting closer. I'm jumpy excited, but trying to hold back, because it could technically be another week or two if it's her mucous plug.
                                How far along is she?

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment