X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
    That's what I pay my babysitter...its sort of the going rate. But it's at her house, so any cleaning she does is totally her problem.
    I go to her house. I do all of her dishes. I sweep her floors. I scrub her messes. I clean up after her horrible dog, who pisses and shits everywhere because this gal refuses to kennel. I fold her daughter's clothes. I bathe her daughter. I teach her daughter reading, math, and science.

Clean the whole kitchen (dishes, counters, all parts of the stove) , dining room, and living room. 4/hr? No.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
    babysitting AND housecleaning for $4/hr?!?!

The lady that I occasionally hire to clean my house when I don't have time gets $60 for a visit, and she does a thorough job, thus is usually in my tiny little house for about 5 hours... that comes to $12/hr... with no babies to sit on.
    Yeah, shit has been kind of bananas.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
      I'm a little confused by "discovered she has been paying me $4 an hour to watch her kid for 10 hours a day, clean the house, and work on the kid's schooling."

Were wages discussed ahead of time?
      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I go to her house. I do all of her dishes. I sweep her floors. I scrub her messes. I clean up after her horrible dog, who pisses and shits everywhere because this gal refuses to kennel. I fold her daughter's clothes. I bathe her daughter. I teach her daughter reading, math, and science.

Clean the whole kitchen (dishes, counters, all parts of the stove) , dining room, and living room. 4/hr? No.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, totally under paid for that. I take my kid to someone's house, where she plays with toys and they read books and sometimes do art projects. In the summer, they'll go to the park and she goes on grocery shopping trips. She eats the lunch I send with her. Then I come and get her.

That's $4 an hour.

Comment

I pay my sister $50 to wash my dishes, clean my kitchen, vacuum, clean the bathroom and other little things she does. She averages two hours on a Monday morning and I watch my niece while she does it.

$4/hr is not enough. Even in crazy minimum wage America.

(long story as to why my sister cleans our house... she volunteered, she needs the money and we hate washing dishes. Win-win.)

Comment

I'm a little confused by "discovered she has been paying me $4 an hour to watch her kid for 10 hours a day, clean the house, and work on the kid's schooling."

Were wages discussed ahead of time?
            Nope. That was my foolishness, but I was unemployed at the time and was willing to WORK. HARD. For money! At the end of the day, $40 was better than NOTHING.

Comment

Nope. That was my foolishness, but I was unemployed at the time and was willing to WORK. HARD. For money! At the end of the day, $40 was better than NOTHING.
              Wow... I'm sorry.

Comment

Wow... I'm sorry.
                My own dumb fault. Frankly, I'm ok with the wages, I really am, and I know that's insane, but the way she's treating her roommate and one of my dear friends has made me realize her incredible selfishness and it made me do the math and realize, "shit, this bitch has been stiffing me!"

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                I pay my sister $50 to wash my dishes, clean my kitchen, vacuum, clean the bathroom and other little things she does. She averages two hours on a Monday morning and I watch my niece while she does it.

$4/hr is not enough. Even in crazy minimum wage America.

(long story as to why my sister cleans our house... she volunteered, she needs the money and we hate washing dishes. Win-win.)
                I work 10 hours days when I work for her! Cleaning! Teaching! Cooking (her own food). But still! We do projects and stuff. I don't just sit her in front of the TV all day. We read. I make her read while I do the dishes. And I love this little girl...but her mom is pissing me off.

Comment

I pay my AM "nanny", who does some light house keeping (wrangling the kids into doing chores and vacuuming), 3 hours a day (from 6 am to 9 am), gets the kids fed and ready for school and helps them do their daily homework, and then drops them off at school (which doesn't start until 9:30) $200 every 2 weeks. Which comes out to $6.67/hr, in cash. If she watches the kids all day (for like a day off), its an extra $15. She comes here to do it, but she only lives .5 miles away, so its not like its a long trip or lots of gas.

Wow, that makes me feel kind of cheap...but at the moment, I really couldn't afford much more (that's about 1/3 of my paycheck, now that I think about it)
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

"shit, this bitch has been stiffing me!"
                    to the tune of slightly better than half of minimum wage.

Comment

Anyone looking for the general discussion of minimum wage and living costs that was recently in this thread, be advised that your destination has been moved to

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I confess after watching days of Olympics, I have found my favorite gymnast. His name is Marcel Nguyen. He's a German gymnast. Dad is German. Mom is Vietnamese. Go ahead. Google him. I dare you.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Anyone want to volunteer to come to Vegas & clean under my stove & fridge?

I confess, those places terrify me. I'm willing to provide the Hazmat suits.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I am auditioning a friend for the role of 'snuggle buddy.' Already agreed upon no hanky panky, but it'd be super nice to have a pair of arm to snuggle me back.

Awww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Comment

I am auditioning a friend for the role of 'snuggle buddy.' Already agreed upon no hanky panky, but it'd be super nice to have a pair of arm to snuggle me back.

Awww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.
                              Haha, sounds like the most adorable version of a sex-buddy evar XD Also, slightly miffed that I do not live within close enough proximity to qualify for this audition :angst:

Comment

I confess that my partner is a bit miffed that I say "partner" instead of "boyfriend", but that I only do it because if I don't, people throw me right into that straight category, and it's then a deep hole that I can't seem to crawl out of. A few coworkers found out I was bi last week, and then they acted like I had some sort of affliction, or asked if I had 'one of those lesbian things' when I was in college.

Sigh. Why don't the womenz realize they're on the market, too?

(maybe this should have gone in the adult section)

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X