This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Ahhh,don't like Democracy,I imagine there are loads of places to move to where there is no Democracy.

Myself,I will soldier on in this broken world...until that giant asteroid decides to target us.

- - - Updated - - -

From doing a search on Hans-Hermann Hoppe,not everyone seems to follow his brand of libertarian anarcho-capitalist philosophy.

It might seem that isms seem to always be on the fringe for some reason.

I remember some pseudo intellectual types in my younger years doing the holy BS rap about such things.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Worse comes to worst, we could crowdfund a micronation. Like the Principality of Sealand.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Antarctica seems to have a lot of space to settle,new frontier and all.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Antarctica seems to have a lot of space to settle,new frontier and all.
            LOL, we could trade with the New Swabian Fourth Reich.

Comment

Do I detect a sense of humor there comrade?

- - - Updated - - -

A friend of mine and I used to go to this beer hall in Berkeley,near UC Berkeley,where we would spark up a loud conversation of made up references and made up people we cited as our source in this conversation. At some point someone would "Join" our conversation and agree with one of us concerning the made up subject...It was kind of mean I suppose, but you know how it is to be young and full of vinegar(also full of beer)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

One thing should worry Conservatives,when they keep defending tRUMP,is the trickle effect. With each act,tRUMP is digging that hole we all imagine,and when he finally falls into that gaping maw,he might have a few "Others" chained to him as he plunges down,those who hitched their political wagon to the man who falls to earth.

for Den,I am not trying to be negative here,I would love to actually have a President who brought our country up,that line "make America great again" is fine if in fact he was trying to really elevate our status in the world. As it is,he is painting us as clowns and rubes in the eyes of the other nations.
                Last edited by anunitu; 17 May 2017, 01:16.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I've not been defending Trump in weeks, I just have much different criticisms than most folks do. As a matter of fact, most of my criticisms are that Trump has been kowtowing to the political establishment, flip-flopping on important issues.

Honestly, at this point I am drifting towards outright accelerationist/NRx territory. My faith in the system has never been particularly strong, but its at an all time low. Basically, if democracy can't fix these problems then the system itself must burn.

Really though, I see it heading that way regardless. Once mass immigration turns Texas into a blue state, we are going to see a massive immigration spiral. As generation z comes into power we are going to have polarization on a scale we haven't seen in ages, like late Weimar stuff.

That's what I see coming, anarchy and fascism. Maybe inevitably.

Last edited by Denarius; 17 May 2017, 01:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                    Hoppe also wrote: 'Democracy leads to the subversion and ultimately disappearance of the notion of beauty and universal standards of beauty. Beauty is swamped and submerged by so-called 'modern art'".

So I think I'll give him a miss there.
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                      Hoppe also wrote: 'Democracy leads to the subversion and ultimately disappearance of the notion of beauty and universal standards of beauty. Beauty is swamped and submerged by so-called 'modern art'".

Yeah, and your point is? He's talking about aesthetic relativism, which is another product of the enlightenment. The idea that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or, to put another way, art doesn't need any standards or qualifications. A bed someone put in an exhibit is no less a piece of art than Michelangelo's David. Lack of standards leads to lack of quality, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        One thing should worry Conservatives,when they keep defending tRUMP,is the trickle effect. With each act,tRUMP is digging that hole we all imagine,and when he finally falls into that gaping maw,he might have a few "Others" chained to him as he plunges down,those who hitched their political wagon to the man who falls to earth.
                        Hopefully, Mitch McConnell.

And on the lighter side, Rush Limbough and Sean Hannity.

Ann Coulter has already abandoned the sinking ship, clever rat that she is.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post

LOL - even a pompous dick gets to be quoted by somebody.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Reminds me of an episode of Murphy Brown when Eldin has an art show,and someone mistakes a fire extinguisher for an art piece. Eldin goes bonkers and takes his art, and walks away...

- - - Updated - - -

The episode:

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yeah, and your point is? He's talking about aesthetic relativism, which is another product of the enlightenment. The idea that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or, to put another way, art doesn't need any standards or qualifications. A bed someone put in an exhibit is no less a piece of art than Michelangelo's David. Lack of standards leads to lack of quality, obviously.
                            Yeah and my point is... *sigh*
                            My point is that I don't agree with him. Why do you always sound so angry Den? Are we getting our wires crossed here? I may not agree with you sometimes but I'm not angry with you. Chwarae teg, butty.
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

If you go the paranoid gun collector route, spend less on guns and more on ammo. It's not like you're gonna be using more than one gun at a time and spending a fraction of the couple thousand bucks worth of ammo you can acquire on range time improves the odds that you'll hit the target with whatever gun you do acquire. You only need a host of weapons if you're arming other people.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

A good Glock may be all you need unless you are feeling you would be a good sniper. Just remember a sniper will draw a LOT of gunfire,he is a priority target not unlike a machine gun. Might even draw an RPG or two. Even a close concussive round can kill you from the blast wave,does not really need to hit your body,shrapnel also comes into play.
                                Last edited by anunitu; 17 May 2017, 11:26.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X