What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

My midterms came back with mixed results. I passed 3 out of my 5 exams. Got 73% on the fourths (which isn't a passing grade in my program, we need 78%). I'm still passing the class overall thanks to various assignments. And the last one I got 66% on. Right now, with that test, I do not have a passing grade for that class. I'm hoping to meet with the instructors on the two I didn't do as well on so that I can figure out how to change my study pattern to better fit the classes and hopefully do a lot better on my next exams. Feeling really discouraged.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
      My midterms came back with mixed results. I passed 3 out of my 5 exams. Got 73% on the fourths (which isn't a passing grade in my program, we need 78%). I'm still passing the class overall thanks to various assignments. And the last one I got 66% on. Right now, with that test, I do not have a passing grade for that class. I'm hoping to meet with the instructors on the two I didn't do as well on so that I can figure out how to change my study pattern to better fit the classes and hopefully do a lot better on my next exams. Feeling really discouraged.
      You get upset about grades I would have been ecstatic to get back when I was in uni...but then again, we only needed 55% to pass.

I just came back from six days in the motherland, and I miss it already.

Mostly art.

Comment

Last edited by Austin.Apollo; 25 Feb 2019, 20:32.
        whatcha listening to thread is my playlist for today music i mean

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          You get upset about grades I would have been ecstatic to get back when I was in uni...but then again, we only needed 55% to pass.

I just came back from six days in the motherland, and I miss it already.
          Yeah, it wouldn't bother me if it was a passing grade. It's all based on passing our boards though. We need something like 75% to pass the national boards, so they want to have a higher requirement for the program so that we're more likely to pass the boards because that makes them look better when people look at their program ratings compared to other Mortuary Science programs...
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Don't worry about it. Just keep positive and keep studying. I'm a note taker. Make lots of notes and keep reviewing if that is your style. Just have faith in yourself.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin.Apollo View Post
              I am thinking about how I want a whole bunch of these. SR-72 – the Hypersonic Spy Plane is Coming
              i thought the name sounded Filmer that is the blackbird f. g. powers was shot down in by the soviet union way back i think in the 60's

yeh see the story here.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                i thought the name sounded Filmer that is the blackbird f. g. powers was shot down in by the soviet union way back i think in the 60's

yeh see the story here.

The blackbird ie SR-71 replaced the U-2 though I think some U-2's remained around for other purposes. I know some people called the 71 Haboo though as well in OKI. All the 71's are history now though.

Always heard their was a fighter variant initially of the 71 but it flew so fast it shot itself down with it's own bullets. Whether it was true or not who knows, one of those things you seemed to hear in the military, especially on Air Force Bases.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

The blackbird shown above is a theoretical UAV and replacemenr for the current SR-71. As a potential fighter, if it could reach Mach 5+ then it is on par with or faster than some Air to Air missiles. If the SR-71 could pull similar speeds then that might be a concern with making it a fighter, especially when factoring in that early generation sparrow missiles were a lot slower than modern air to aor missiles.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

When the cat starts Meowing an hour and a half before they're usual feeding time, effectively waking me and not being able to go back to sleep even though it's well before my alarm is supposed to go off...really pisses me off.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

between you and my sister i see two true cat ladies,my sis has 5 cats and 3 little dogs one flame point Siamese very beautiful cat

- - - Updated - - -

here is a pic of her dogs with santa.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171209_121907.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	503.3 KB
ID:	355540
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                        When the cat starts Meowing an hour and a half before they're usual feeding time, effectively waking me and not being able to go back to sleep even though it's well before my alarm is supposed to go off...really pisses me off.
                        This is why we only feed at night... Though I imagine their medicine schedule effects feed times?

Comment

This is why we only feed at night... Though I imagine their medicine schedule effects feed times?
                          We feed twice a day for a couple of reasons. Medication is one of them, but also, we found that when we only feed once a day, they over-eat and end up throwing up all over the place. This way, we reduce the amount they get each feeding time, which seems to have also mostly eliminated the regurgitating. Of course, Luna... the one that also meows incessantly is the one who works herself up to the point of puking, sometimes. I've read that some cats do that because their gut wakes up and starts to create the bile needed to break down the food. If they don't eat within a certain time, the bile makes them sick. She's also the one cat that has a hyperactive thyroid, hence the medication for her. It's a 'fun' cycle.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          Sneak Attack

Comment

So glad that I have my two days of break. Been a very hard few days getting used to being a call center representative. However, I am just tired as of now. I will get the hang of it soon.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Getting texts and calls from people I work with saying they 'heard a rumor I was coming back full time' when I actually had a conversation with these individuals about making the decision to come back full time. *face-palm*
                              Sneak Attack

Comment

I'm so tired and do not want to contend with after school activities but...oh well. At least a new episode of the magicians will be out tonight.
                                ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Working...
                                X