X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by Porpoise View Post
    I know, it's weird. I still prefer some privacy. I wouldn't touch Facebook with a bargepole now.
    Me neither. Still it's weird how in some situations I almost have to apologise for not being there.
    As if that wasn't even a choice anymore.
    baah.

Comment

It's horrible that I have to wake up every Tuesday at 5:30 am in order to avoid being late to school... I'm heading out to bed. Noit.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        It's horrible that I have to wake up every Tuesday at 5:30 am in order to avoid being late to school... I'm heading out to bed. Noit.
        That sucks. Sleep tight Gleb.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

95%of our furniture and belongings have just left for georgia....
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
            First few weeks of my long distance relationship: this is like all of the best parts of being single without all of the horrible parts like loneliness.
            The remaining past year and a half of my long distance relationship: this is like all of the worst parts of being single, especially the loneliness.
            I hear ya! We did it twice, it's no picnic. More than a few times I remember thinking to myself that at least my friends who were fighting with their partners had the opportunity to fight in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow View Post
              I hear ya! We did it twice, it's no picnic. More than a few times I remember thinking to myself that at least my friends who were fighting with their partners had the opportunity to fight in person.
              Hubby and I have *maybe* made it to 50% of our 11 years in the same location at the same time by this point...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                Hubby and I have *maybe* made it to 50% of our 11 years in the same location at the same time by this point...
                That sounds so very painful.

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                  That sucks. Sleep tight Gleb.
                  Thanks. Just woke up.
                  Too bad it's not the adult section. I had the perfect joke for that.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I travel to London on the train fairly regularly, and one of the carriages is a quiet carriage - but even in there people can't help using their phones, it's like they are addicted. You hear these inane conversations like "I'm on the train!"

Personally I think all but one of the train carriages should be quiet, so then all the mobile phone users would be stuck in one carriage shouting over each other. Pah!
                    This drives me insane.

Also I HATE HATE HATE people who text and walk. They can't even walk in a straight line, which is a huge pain on a crowded city street. Newsflash: if what you're doing on your phone makes you walk like a slow drunk, it's time to put the phone away for the sanity of everyone else on the street. Texters and bikers are even worse. It's seriously dangerous. I hate passing cyclists who are texting because they bike like they're drunk, but are super slow. You never know if they're going to ram into you while you're trying to pass them, but being stuck behind them is the worst. Pull over and get it done.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    Wow...respect!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                      Also I HATE HATE HATE people who text and walk. They can't even walk in a straight line, which is a huge pain on a crowded city street.
                      Yes, I feel like I am constantly having to make allowances for these people, they have no idea what's going on around them, it's like trying to cope with a load of drunk people. I think there is something neurotic about this need for constant "communication".
                      Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                      Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                      And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                      Genesis lyric

Comment

Yes, I feel like I am constantly having to make allowances for these people, they have no idea what's going on around them, it's like trying to cope with a load of drunk people. I think there is something neurotic about this need for constant "communication".
                        When I switched to prepaid, I stopped using data. Data is incredibly cheap in Germany even on a pre-paid plan (actually, especially on a prepaid plan) and it would only cost me a few Euros a month, but it's not about the money. I'll turn it on when I'm really lost or waiting for an important work-related email, but other than that, I don't use the Internet when I'm out and about. Since no one here texts, it means that I rarely even use my phone in public. I don't miss it at all. However, as a side effect, I can't stand people on their smartphones anymore.

Comment

Thanks Danie... Really.
                          My smart phone is the primary means for connecting to the forum unless I have to do maintenance.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Sorry you guys have to hear about this all the time, I just need to vent somewhere safe.
                            Now my mom has told my dad to tell me to unblock her number on my phone, because she needs to be able to contact me if something happens to him. NO! NOPE! NEJ! NEIN! NJET!... if she urgently needs to tell me something, she can fishing ask someone in my family, or call my husband! She does not EVER need to talk to me directly without my choosing. She has also noticed that I blocked her on Facebook. I did that last night. I'm starting to feel a bit paranoid. I'm scared her next move is gonna be turning up... She's getting desperate to get to me, and that's scary as ****.
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                              Sorry you guys have to hear about this all the time, I just need to vent somewhere safe.
                              Now my mom has told my dad to tell me to unblock her number on my phone, because she needs to be able to contact me if something happens to him. NO! NOPE! NEJ! NEIN! NJET!... if she urgently needs to tell me something, she can fishing ask someone in my family, or call my husband! She does not EVER need to talk to me directly without my choosing. She has also noticed that I blocked her on Facebook. I did that last night. I'm starting to feel a bit paranoid. I'm scared her next move is gonna be turning up... She's getting desperate to get to me, and that's scary as ****.
                              Have you considered involving legal matters? Seems like she's becoming harassing.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                                Have you considered involving legal matters? Seems like she's becoming harassing.
                                She's using indirect means, like my dad. If she ever shows up here I'm calling the police. But until then there's nothing much I can do.
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Working...