X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: They are willing to destroy this country

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    ...Well that and don't think the Command Structure would support any decision like that...
    Unfortunately for those of us who have been watching President Incompetentegomaniac in action, and who aren't twisting our spines into knots to justify his disordered actions, the only one who can order a nuclear strike in the tRump, and the system is set up in such a way that the order to do so can not be questioned:

As to whether he is dumb enough to do it... well... he's already done enough dumb stuff for 12 presidents.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I can't help but wonder if the time he began to issue such an order might be the time some unfortunate event befalls him, such as a heart attack, stroke, bullet....
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        I can't help but wonder if the time he began to issue such an order might be the time some unfortunate event befalls him, such as a heart attack, stroke, bullet....

unfortunate?...Yes,yes,should something happen by "Accident"

YES,excellent!!!!
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Kids, if a nuc goes off in your neighborhood, remember not to look directly at the flash. Your eyes liquefying could damage your contacts. Also, don't use hair conditioner:

PRO TIP: Conditioning Your Hair After A Nuclear Blast Is A Bad, Bad Idea

In addition to causing radio active particles to stick to your doo, when your scalp sloughs off from the burn, it may cause irritation to the exposed tissue.

And those round piles of ash on the ground? Be respectful. Those were once people.

(Time for everybody to start reading Hersey's Hiroshima in highschool again...)
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I keep remembering this scene from Terminator.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Wondering whether we should start keeping a supply of iodide pills at hand here... a friend of mine just posted something on Facebook that's kind of a screwed up but sad logic... your dear Trump is doing so badly right now, war might be a nice little distraction from everything else burning around him.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                I keep remembering this scene from Terminator.
                Those are the lucky ones. It's being one of those on the edge who die in indescribable, prolonged pain that you don't wanna be.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by iris View Post
                Wondering whether we should start keeping a supply of iodide pills at hand here... a friend of mine just posted something on Facebook that's kind of a screwed up but sad logic... your dear Trump is doing so badly right now, war might be a nice little distraction from everything else burning around him.
                Iodine pills? Actually, cyanide pills might be preferable in the long run. There are times when one does not want to survive.
                Last edited by B. de Corbin; 11 Aug 2017, 02:38.

Comment

If you remember the last of "On the Beach",everyone gets those "Pills",and they sing,"Waltzing Matilda" as they say goodbye.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    Those are the lucky ones. It's being one of those on the edge who die in indescribable, prolonged pain that you don't wanna be.

- - - Updated - - -

Iodine pills? Actually, cyanide pills might be preferable in the long run. There are times when one does not want to survive.
                    While that is sadly true, cyanide is not exactly painless... but I'm with you. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Sigh.
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Those of us who were born, or who grew up, in the mythical golden age of the 1950's lived knowing this shit. There is some knowledge you wish you won't have to transmit to the younger generation, but it's gotta be done. Now that nuclear war is once more on the table...

We have only two historical examples of what a nuclear weapon really means, in human terms. This is what we know. behold and fear...

The light from the blast was so intense that it burned shadows into walls. Here's one example:

At least that kid died in a happy moment.

This one didn't:

Welcome to the future! It's gonna be hell!

Last edited by B. de Corbin; 11 Aug 2017, 03:39.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        Those of us who were born, or who grew up, in the mythical golden age of the 1950's lived knowing this shit. There is some knowledge you wish you won't have to transmit to the younger generation, but it's gotta be done. Now that nuclear war is once more on the table...

We have only two historical examples of what a nuclear weapon really means, in human terms. This is what we know. behold and fear...

The light from the blast was so intense that it burned shadows into walls. Here's one example:

At least that kid died in a happy moment.

This one didn't:

Welcome to the future! It's gonna be hell!

Your history classes might be different from ours, because to me those images are not new. We never skipped the nasty parts of history... much as it would be nicer to forget, those are the bits we really need to learn from... but big part of the world's population (I'm not pointing fingers at anyone... trump...) seem to be oblivious to the lessons we already had to learn... history is apparently irrelevant and will not repeat itself because of... reasons.
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                          Your history classes might be different from ours, because to me those images are not new. We never skipped the nasty parts of history... much as it would be nicer to forget, those are the bits we really need to learn from... but big part of the world's population (I'm not pointing fingers at anyone... trump...) seem to be oblivious to the lessons we already had to learn... history is apparently irrelevant and will not repeat itself because of... reasons.
                          Yes - education in the US is different. We gloss over the nasty bits, and make ourselves to heros of the world. The people who control education tend to get pissy and threaten/fire the people who execute education, when they don't do this (to test this, just do a Google search for American articles about teaching evolution, or African-American history, or Hispanic-American history, or Chinese-American history, etc. Many Americans prefer to force us to live in a self-created dark ages of fabricated pseudo-knowledge. You are fortunate to come from a more enlightened land).

It is hugely regrettable, and leads to the inevitable result - not learning from the past.

Here, people will casually drop a phrase like "just nuce them," without having any actual understanding of what that means.

I tried an experiment once. I was teaching an Advanced Placement class (high-level students, theoretically), and surveyed them about ow to deal with terrorists (this was shortly after 9/11). One of the possible choices on the survey was "find out where they are and nuke them." The majority choose that option.

Them we read Hersey's Hiroshima, and took the survey again.

Only one person picked that option. A little bit of knowledge changes things, a lot. But if you've been masocistic enough to follow recent American politics you'll know how little actual knowledge goes into American politics, as practiced.

We now have two powerful people, both of whom regard standing down as a sign of weakness, both of whom have deep-seated ego problems that control every aspect of their lives, both of whom have a distorted view of reality engaged in a contest to see who can piss the biggest testosterone stream playinf with serious weapons.

I deal with difficult people as my profession. I can tell you that this kind of situation actually precludes the possibility of a non-explosive situation. To resolve something like this, somebody has to offer a way to back down, while also allowing the other to save face. Putin (much smarter - or, at least, more clever - than tRump) did this the last time tRump got a nuclear termite up his ass by saying "we aren't going to bankrupt our country by trying to match the US nuclear arsenal."

That situation vanished over night.

Both actors in this current drama believe themselves to be deities. That makes for a bad prognosis, 'cause Gods have no problem destrying worlds to prove their mighty might.

Comment

Oppenheimer,someone that helped usher in the nuclear age,said this.
                            in a quote.:
                            'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.

His brother helped create the Exploratorium in San Francisco.

Here.

A hands on children's science experience,that I myself got to check out. I think B. De. would love it.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Methinks my bitterness is beginning to show. I shall go play with the cats for a while...

Comment

Ya never know,Trump "May" slip on a banana peel on that two story spiral staircase,and land on a traveling spike salesman's display(not for sale,just for exhibit).
                                Stranger things have happened,like that 2016 election.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X