X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
    I honestly don't know what to do about my boss. I feel like I need to go above her and report her to her supervisor, but I don't want to stir the pot, and I worry about retaliation. I also know that I'm only going to be there another 10 months or so, so I won't have to put up with this forever, and I can spill the beans then without worry of retaliation, but then I feel like not saying anything is doing a disservice to my coworkers.

1. She called a coworker a libtard to her face.
    2. She made a coworker with a 102 deg temp and both respiratory flu and stomach bug symptoms feel like she had to come into work. In the central sterile department of the hospital. After a statement that no employee should be at work until 24 hrs after their fever has subsided was released and even though company policy states that she never should have entered the building (unless seeking medical treatment, because it's a hospital).
    3. She has gaslighted me on several occasions.
    4. She has accused me and a coworker of doing things and/or not doing things that she has not witnessed herself and can be proven false (via computer reports, etc) that she has access to.
    5. She is letting staff leave early even though there are still lots of things that need to get done and expecting us to pick up the slack.
    6. She is playing favorites. She has two members of staff that she has friended on facebook. She promoted them inappropriately (into positions that they weren't qualified for and that qualified staff were interested in) and they were recently demoted by her supervisor. She came in when I was working one day with them and was chatting with them etc. Once they left, I tried to start a conversation and she practically ignored me. A coworker told me that they have ignored new staff that they were supposed to be training while they were chatting with each other. I've made complaints about their behavior on the weekend when they were doing things that she got really angry about other employees doing and she shrugged it off.
    Your hospital should have a hotline where you can anonymously call and report those actions. The larger corporations implemented those lines for the exact reason your speaking about... retaliation. You should call, if for no other reason the making the sick employee feel obligated to come in when sick. Also you are absolutely correct not reporting her is a disservice to not only you but current and future employees.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      Your hospital should have a hotline where you can anonymously call and report those actions. The larger corporations implemented those lines for the exact reason your speaking about... retaliation. You should call, if for no other reason the making the sick employee feel obligated to come in when sick. Also you are absolutely correct not reporting her is a disservice to not only you but current and future employees.
      May I also add that no employee deserve this type of mistreatment. I don't care if it's a supervisor, a co-worker, anybody. No one deserves this type of mistreatment.
      Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 14 Jan 2019, 09:14.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
        I'm paranoid. What if they record the call and let her listen to it? We're a small department. I have no doubt she would recognize my voice. Additionally, if I'm worried since I only talk to weekend folks and we're a small group (me and two others) there might be some clues on who she should target, I guess. But yeah, it's getting to that point.

ETA: I just looked into it. There is an email option. I'm tempted to make a "burner email" just for this...
        Last edited by Shahaku; 14 Jan 2019, 11:52.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Shahaku-

Sorry to hear you are going through this. A couple of things to think about:

1. This is absolutely inappropriate behavior on her part. People don't call her out on it because they are either in her inner circle and benefiting, or they are afraid.

2. They may have reason to be afraid. I have seen this behavior before, and it can be shocking and disheartening the way normally respectable and intelligent people will fall for someone who excels at manipulation. It can be hard to get support when you are pushing back, even when you think your support is solid. Proceed with caution, document and observe your environment. Someone does need to speak out, and you come across as strong and clear minded enough to do it. Just protect yourself a bit. The gaslighting and getting away with overtly aggressive behavior are bad signs.

Comment

Here another thing that I just don't understand people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. When you disagree on a topic, people get really upset acting like total crybabies for a difference of opinion and they break up your friendship with you. Like who does that seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              Here another thing that I just don't understand people. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. When you disagree on a topic, people get really upset acting like total crybabies for a difference of opinion and they break up your friendship with you. Like who does that seriously?
              They feel like that because they feel that they're opinion of a topic matters and is correct. They may get upset because you do not understand they're point of view or do not want to try (not saying you don't). People can be sensitive, don't forget. You have to treat their views with respect. There is a fine line between acting like a crybaby and wanting someone to agree with you or see your way. If you can't agree, just agree to disagree. If you still can't then I guess that relationship needs to be dissolved with good will.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                They feel like that because they feel that they're opinion of a topic matters and is correct. They may get upset because you do not understand they're point of view or do not want to try (not saying you don't). People can be sensitive, don't forget. You have to treat their views with respect. There is a fine line between acting like a crybaby and wanting someone to agree with you or see your way. If you can't agree, just agree to disagree. If you still can't then I guess that relationship needs to be dissolved with good will.
                Well you may already know this already but I use to have a friend on Facebook who happen to be a Judge Judy fan. I post my honest opinion about her show on how she's abusive to her guest. He didn't like what I said about her. And it was a reasonable and vaild opinion. I told him that I have the right to express my opinion whatever you agree with me or not and I have the right to speak my mind about it. And he said he have the right to block me and so he block me permanently on Facebook. That guy was a complete crybaby all because I didn't like his favorite TV show.
                Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 14 Jan 2019, 17:27.

Comment

Well you may already know this already but I use to have a friend on Facebook who happen to be a Judge Judy fan. I post my honest opinion about her show on how she's abusive to her guest. He didn't like what I said about her. And it was a reasonable and vaild opinion. I told him that I have the right to express my opinion whatever you agree with me or not and I have the right to speak my mind about it. And he said he have the right to block me and so he block me permanently on Facebook. That guy was a complete crybaby all because I didn't like his favorite TV show.
                  I think you told me about that. That is ridiculous. I was talking about reasonably-minded people who actually can think. We don't all get along and we naturally have different opinions. It's not wrong to disagree, but people should remember that it is not a fight and to not take it to heart. It's not worth losing a relationship over. One of my best friends and I had a disagreement over something, can't remember, and didn't talk to each other for like 2-3 years then now we're back together. That's 2-3 years lost because of a stupid disagreement. And she and her family are like my family.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

thanks anubisa good point
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Personally I think the problem is people toss the word "Friend" around to easy. Its easy to have disagreements with friends and different's of opinions. That because friendships are built upon something higher than opinions. Yet acquaintances, which to me the majority of on-line exchanges actually are, do not meet that level. At best many on-line exchanges are shallow and have 1 maybe 2 dimensions that make them up. Disagreements are often fatal because there is nothing to them. No real revelations of trust and exposure of personal weakness. Even so called BFF's on-line are often quasi BFF's and wouldn't make that cut face to face.

Though in real life, I think there to more often than not people have acquaintances vice actual friends. Something to make them part of the "group" or "Herd" vice being alone. Even if it means being a follower and accepting others opinions. Then you can cut them out if they do not accept your opinion any more or align with an accepted opinion.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

thank you for that monsno
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                          Personally I think the problem is people toss the word "Friend" around to easy. Its easy to have disagreements with friends and different's of opinions. That because friendships are built upon something higher than opinions. Yet acquaintances, which to me the majority of on-line exchanges actually are, do not meet that level. At best many on-line exchanges are shallow and have 1 maybe 2 dimensions that make them up. Disagreements are often fatal because there is nothing to them. No real revelations of trust and exposure of personal weakness. Even so called BFF's on-line are often quasi BFF's and wouldn't make that cut face to face.

Though in real life, I think there to more often than not people have acquaintances vice actual friends. Something to make them part of the "group" or "Herd" vice being alone. Even if it means being a follower and accepting others opinions. Then you can cut them out if they do not accept your opinion any more or align with an accepted opinion.
                          We read an article lately that says a casual friend takes 50 contact hours, 90 hours to become good friends, and 200 hours to become close friends/confidants. We've kind of used this information in a casual way to determine if we know someone well enough to involve them in certain activities. We have game nights and conversation nights with our circle that range from casual to deep exploration, like having the Talk of a Lifetime. We also don't invite anyone over if they aren't well into the good friend range if copious amounts of alcohol may be involved. We're also using this standard to determine if we think someone may be in a good range for being part of our intentional community that we're playing around with in the next few years.
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                            I'm paranoid. What if they record the call and let her listen to it? We're a small department. I have no doubt she would recognize my voice. Additionally, if I'm worried since I only talk to weekend folks and we're a small group (me and two others) there might be some clues on who she should target, I guess. But yeah, it's getting to that point.

ETA: I just looked into it. There is an email option. I'm tempted to make a "burner email" just for this...
                            They do record those calls but it goes to an outsourced company and she isn't allowed to hear them. That's how they make it anonymous. Also I'd start keeping a record. Dates, times you name it. She should not be in her position based on her behavior.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

This also applies for having an opinion over something that you like when other people dislike it and making a big deal out of it as well. For example a few months ago at a webcomic/RPG forum, I asked do you prefer 2D or 3D at the movies. Many people prefer 2D. I prefer 3D. One membrr got really upset at me because of my preference for 3D. I said that I like the 3D technology and the visualization. I guess difference of opinion doesn't mean anything to some people anymore.

Comment

This also applies for having an opinion over something that you like when other people dislike it and making a big deal out of it as well. For example a few months ago at a webcomic/RPG forum, I asked do you prefer 2D or 3D at the movies. Many people prefer 2D. I prefer 3D. One membrr got really upset at me because of my preference for 3D. I said that I like the 3D technology and the visualization. I guess difference of opinion doesn't mean anything to some people anymore.
                                3D is ok but normally you have to have the appropriate technology to view it to enjoy it, even if it only meant the 3d glassees. Other wise it looks flat or funky when you see it in 2D. It's like some of the older movies that were supposed to be seen in sensorron (sp) where the theatre was not only surround sound but also rigged so the seats moved or the whole floor moved. I recall the old movie earthquake was rigged for that in some theatre's. The earth started to shake and your seats started to shake with it.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X