Cleansing of negative energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleansing of negative energy

A few nights ago I had this dream that there was a negative spirit in my room named Michael. I woke up from the dream terrified, and ever since the dream, there's been an uneasy tense energy in my room. I tried smudging the room, and it helped a little, but the feeling's still there.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this negative energy?

Re: Cleansing of negative energy

Originally posted by Branflakes View Post
    A few nights ago I had this dream that there was a negative spirit in my room named Michael. I woke up from the dream terrified, and ever since the dream, there's been an uneasy tense energy in my room. I tried smudging the room, and it helped a little, but the feeling's still there.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this negative energy?
    Any possibility of opening a window for fresh air and sunlight? I tend to start with throwing open a window or two and cleaning the heck out of the room. Declutter the closet, dust the dark corners, wash the windows, etc. Some people bang pots, sing, or play music too. I don't smudge simply because I have asthma, but I have sprinkled salt water and marked doorways with blessed oil. You could also try hanging a protective amulet in the room.

I hope you'll give an update on what you tried and what worked!
    "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
    Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

When I feel negative energy in my room I usually open a window too, and I'll light a white candle.
      It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by OpenHands View Post
        Any possibility of opening a window for fresh air and sunlight? I tend to start with throwing open a window or two and cleaning the heck out of the room. Declutter the closet, dust the dark corners, wash the windows, etc. Some people bang pots, sing, or play music too. I don't smudge simply because I have asthma, but I have sprinkled salt water and marked doorways with blessed oil. You could also try hanging a protective amulet in the room.

I hope you'll give an update on what you tried and what worked!

That's what I do. I clean the room from top to bottom then I smudge and open up the windows.

Comment

Getting rid of the physical dirt/dust and clutter can really help a room, and you can clean physically and spiritually at the same time. Heat some purification herbs in water and use that to clean with, rosemary, chamomile, cinnamon, lemon zest, sage, or even just some salt are all good choices. (Depending on what you use don't add too much to the water, don't want to leave a bad residue behind. A little does it.) Try playing some music, something to raise your spirits, while you clean. You could also ask Deity/your ancestors to help you out with getting rid of anything unwanted.
          When you're done cleaning, you might want to smudge again, or bless the room in some other way (salted water, sprinkling salt, or oil).

Also agree with getting some fresh air in, if you can.
          Hearth and Hedge

Comment

To get rid of negative spirits I open a window andsprinkle salt water while singing. Then I light a candle and shine its light in all the shadowy places telling any evil which may be there that I see them and I order them away. After that I take a broom anoint it with salt water then "sweep" the negativeity out. I also have ofuda(paper talismans or spell tags) on my doorways and windows. It really depends on the spirit or energy in question but the most simple way to do it is to physically clean all the dirt and dust away, bless the area then make some sort of protection against it happening again(hanging talismans, or wards, ect) The name is a very important and powerful tool against thease things

Don't forget your personal protection while doing your cleansing the spirit (if substantial enough) may become angry and/or manafest in negative ways. There is also the possibility that this creature may bond to you so take coutermeasures against that, I recommend not whereing black for this reason because it attracts energy. Then there is always the possibility im nuts and my advice wont help in the slightest
            Circe

Comment

thanks for the advice. For some reason, the idea of opening my window didn't occur to me. lol. I'll definitely try that.
              And you're not nuts, Corvus!
              Over the past month, I've been cleaning my room overall and keeping it as clean as possible. I think I'll open the window (for just a bit, it's getting pretty cold outside, but hey, I'm desperate!), put some good music on, and clean a little today.

Oh, and for the past few days, I've hung a blanket over my window (there was guite a draft coming through, and I was a bit sick and didn't want to be cold). I'm beginning to think this didn't help. lol.

Comment

A good cleaning (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, washing walls even) has worked for me in the past, as has a very forceful, vocal "GO AWAY."

Comment

Just out of interest, branflakes, have you noticed anything such as noises in the room? Or smells?
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                    Just out of interest, branflakes, have you noticed anything such as noises in the room? Or smells?
                    For the past few nights I've been listening to music with headphones when I go to sleep, but a few times I've been pulled awake from what I thought were noises I heard. Just bumps in the nights coming from the direction of my closet. Being me, I just discounted it for paranoia, because I'm always on edge like that. No smells, though.

Comment

Okay, I think you should start - as Gardenia suggested - with a good spring clean. Physical clutter, dust etc attract a lot of thing you would rather not have around you. So get rid of them first. Then start visualising that you are psychically (i.e.not just physically) cleansing the room. Some people will light incense, others ring bells (which are actually very effective) and still others visualise blowing away anything that is not welcome. If you open the window first then you encourage it to leave that way. The important thing is that you do everything possible to clear the atmosphere. If the noises persist, then you could try leaving out a dish of consecrated salt and vinegar (simple to do - if you're not sure please just ask and I'll explain) in whatever part of the room is attracting the most activity. Don't leave it near an open window though - you are trying to encourage things to leave and that will prevent them.

This should lighten the atmosphere, but if it persists let me know and I can suggest other things. The presence of aural disturbances could mean that you are dealing with a little more than just an unpleasant atmosphere (or of course it could just be the house creaking, or a bat in the attic or something mundane like that).

The important thing is to keep everything as light hearted as possible during a time like this. Watch comedy DVDs, anything that will make you laugh. Oh, and check inside the King James Bible again for me, will you, please? Look for any pencil marks, pieces of paper, ribbons etc.

Comment

So yesterday, I cleaned my room for about an hour. I put some soothing music on, opened my window, cleared the clutter, took my meditation balls (the Chinese ones that ring when you move them. I use them in the place of a bell) and rang them in the corners of my room as well as sprinkling consecrated salt water in the corners, too. Seemed to help a bit, but I still had the feeling last night that something/someone was about to come into my room. It's been like that for a while now, and it always feels like I'm waiting for something to show up. The atmosphere was much lighter, though.
                        As for the KJV Bible, I know that when it first showed up, there was a verse highlighted with the ribbon marking the page. The verse was "Thou shalt have no god before me" or however it goes.
                        I have been using the bible for research, and have some post-it notes marking some verses of interest. I'll check it again later tonight to see if there's anything else I haven't taken notice of.

Comment

Okay, that's a good start. Don't be afraid to keep on repeating the cleansing rituals... sometimes it will take a couple of tries. And please always feel free to pm me about this if you want to.

Comment

Thanks, will do!
                            Today I've been a very good mood. The energy today has been very light and strong. Last night, I didn't feel any negative energy. At least, none I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Branflakes View Post
                              Thanks, will do!
                              Today I've been a very good mood. The energy today has been very light and strong. Last night, I didn't feel any negative energy. At least, none I can remember.
                              I'm glad to hear that things are looking up! But make sure that they stay that way. I doubt that you want to have to re-do all of this every so often.
                              I keep a quartz crystal on a shelf in my room as a sort of bad-energy buffer. I cleanse it and bless it once every two or three months and it does the trick pretty well.
                              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X