X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
    Three weeks early but healthy and handsome. Welcome Milo Ashweather Padgett of the world.
    Congratulations on the safe delivery of the new human, especially as the stalk was so over keen. Silly bird.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I got Lexi her pet bed today. It's a comfy pillow that's HUMUNGOUS! Like 40x30. I had to measure her to make sure I got one big enough for her fat butt. I like it because it has a removable outer covering for washing. And it unzips inside so I can add more stuffing. Then I got her a 12 inch knuckle bone that looks like something Fred Flinstone would eat.

She ran around the back yard prancing and showing off her new big bone out of her jaws. Then she sat down and bit it in half and is chewing on a piece like it's popcorn.

The jaws of a pit can be powerful...for yum yums. :shy:
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Talk about cute,and also George W. Bush.. They adopted a pup from the shelter.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by anunitu; 14 Nov 2016, 22:06.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I have the next 2 days off!

Also tomorrow, if you can believe it, I'm going back to work. But for fun! I'm going to decorate our breakroom! And I get petty cash to play with. Thankfully the Dollar Tree is next door. So I'm going to ride my bike, listen to Christmas music and play Santa's lil elf.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            I have the next 2 days off!

Also tomorrow, if you can believe it, I'm going back to work. But for fun! I'm going to decorate our breakroom! And I get petty cash to play with. Thankfully the Dollar Tree is next door. So I'm going to ride my bike, listen to Christmas music and play Santa's lil elf.
            Medusa, you misspelled Satan as Santa...
            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
            Clan of my Clan
            Kin of my Kin
            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Is a hillariously awesome plan and not just because it can potentially ship crappy ISPs screaming to hell. I'm sure there are some potentially messy downsides that need to be looked at but, "Internet for you, internet for you, internet for EVERYONE!!!" via a sattelite grid is almost as awesome as it is ambitious.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Lol, Rick. Everyone knows Santa is really Satan!

Here's my pics from my decoration session. What's great is that it was all done for $30 from the Dollar Tree. Only thing missing is our live tree. Got to wait a little bit longer to get them in.
                (mind you my boss who is the Grinch decided to take pics. He's like I want to show what not to do! But I know he's just bragging to his other manager buddies what I did)
                Also I think it passes for a non denominational seasonal display. I wanted to do little montages of non used area so we can still use the break room for our breaks etc. (we also use it to look for snacks when a customer asks us if we have an item in back and we know we don't. But they want us to check anyways, so we go in the break room and search for snackees and sip drinks.

My gift box display over our fridge
                breakroom 1.jpg

My poinsettia flower arrangement (I thank my rotc flower class I took in high school!) Plus while at the Dollar tree I was showing these two other little ladies how to put this together. It was about $8 in total.
                breakroom 2.jpg

Close-up of gift box displays
                breakroom 3.jpg

Christmas trees display over our lockers
                breakroom 4.jpg

Our break room door with bow. I wrapped the whole door in wrapping paper!
                breakroom 6.jpg

The elf!
                breakroom 5.jpg

Comment

Did you mayhaps get stung by an Elf. Seasonal effected thing. My Sister gets all holiday crazy also(Me,not so much, Bah humbug)
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

BBC's mini series of Pride and Prejudice. Oh how I love Mr. Darcy, I could go so far as to say he was my first love.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                      BBC's mini series of Pride and Prejudice. Oh how I love Mr. Darcy, I could go so far as to say he was my first love.
                      Yes! I love it too, it's so good. I've seen other adaptations of it, but noone beats colin firth.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

^ I just read the book!
                        baah.

Comment

So my order from that https://www.shopmissa.com/ came in yesterday! The items were small, but pretty good. I liked that I can experiment with different products and shades and try the new trends without spending a bunch. I got some orange and gold eye shadows, a blush I'm trashing because it's literally hooker pink, a small sample of loose powder and a perfect mauve lip liner. Now I'm going back for earrings and more stuff!

Comment

I'm buzzing right now. So a few months back I changed my eating habits (I blogged about it at the time so won't repeat myself here) I finally got curious and measured my thighs. They seemed slimmer but I wasn't sure if that was just because the rest of me was bigger. To my surprise I've lost 3.5cm from the widest part and 3cm from the narrowest part of my right thigh. Left thigh is 4.5cm thinner at the widest point, and 3.5cm thinner at the narrowest point. I've also lost 3cm from around my hips.

Granted it took 3 months when I could have lost that in under 2 weeks by crash dieting but I did this by eating properly including lots of healthy fats. I have a better, toned look and best of all I don't have such a gaunt face or protruding bones. Got quite chubby little hamster cheeks when I smile in fact!

And I'm doing that right now.. from ear to ear! (○^人^○)
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thanksgiving. I'm headed out to friends out in the country for the day. It's always a good time out there, and kinda weird! Everybody have a happy - and those of you in countries other than the USA, you can raise a toast to us - you know we need it LOL
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Thanksgiving and I'm off! Thank Satan! And what am I doing? My rule is it's jammies all day, even if I leave to go to the store for Diet Coke.

Comment

Working...
                                X