Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
    I'm trying to backup my files because my laptop is not long for this world but, I'm having trouble finding places to put it all. I have 5 years of files and onedrive is already full. Gonna try throwing some more on googledrive.
    Onedrive storage is upgradeable. Most upgrades are part of Office 365 but the basic one is an upgrade to 50 GB for 1.99 a month.

For that matter, so is Google and you get more space with the first upgrade

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Onedrive storage is upgradeable. Most upgrades are part of Office 365 but the basic one is an upgrade to 50 GB for 1.99 a month.

For that matter, so is Google and you get more space with the first upgrade

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/plans/
      Looks like my total files are in the neighborhood of 40 GB. I'm really trying to stay away from subscription based storage because I'm about to be pretty impoverished for the foreseeable future. I've got a few old flashdrives I'll be trying to use that so maybe I can manage this between those and free services.

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out over half that data was streams I'd done. Since they're already uploaded to youtube I was able to delete them and backup my personal files just fine using a flashdrive and onedrive. I actually thought pictures took up more space than they seem to? It's hard to believe 7 years of personal files (minus video) amounts to ~12GB. I almost feel like I'm forgetting something.
      Circe

Comment

Might consider an external usb drive,they go to like 4 TB,and prices have come way down. I have a 2TB extension on mt ps4,and it was pretty cheap.

let me check and gert back,ok.

- - - Updated - - -

not super cheap,but for 4TB,$99 isn't to bad. also portable,so there is that.

see here.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Went to Copenhagen today to try out street photography. I'm surprised how much fun that was. And I got some awesome pictures
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I talked to my manager yesterday about my co-worker. Turns out that she is a supervisor (in training, I guess). Never knew from the behavior she has been showing. I explained my feelings of how I felt my co-workers and I were being disrespected by her coming in late and no calls. I also told her how I felt that I couldn't leave my other supervisor and co-workers till she got there. Evening shifts usually dwindle down around 9-10. People start going home around them and we are stuck with 3-4 people. So imagine if I left with only one supervisor and a co-worker to maintain. It wouldn't be right in my opinion. I told her my feelings and she thanked me for staying and she told me that the points were stacking up. We have a point system that if you miss so many days or don't call in so many hours ahead or are late, you get points against you. So it really is stacking up. I'm glad I let out my feelings finally to my manager and that I am not the only one. I'm not saying I'm perfect or anything, but it's crazy when you have a consistently late supervisor (again I didn't know till yesterday) and you have to take the slack.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I have been watching the Battlestar Galactica (2004) series and I just had a harrowing thought.

If the 12 colonies were a representation of our current US Government, Betsy DeVos would be the president.

My head hurts.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

This the new one where the cylons look human?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  This the new one where the cylons look human?
                  Is there a newer one?
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  Sneak Attack

Comment

see here more text.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

That's the same show I'm talking about (as I said, the 2004 series) and you're totally distracting from my point.
                      Sneak Attack

Comment

ok,there was a much older one from the 70's. There is also a SYFY prog that shows where the cylons came from,don't remember its name.,it only lasted one season.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I've been kinda dwelling on my relationship status recently, mostly being real insecure about it. I could easily have a relationship but, nothing that seems like it would make me happy. I'm still not really over the thing I've had for my best friend N. and it's been ... almost exactly 4 years actually, that anniversary just passed. I find it super difficult to make friends that are anything more than acquaintances, let alone anything romantic, and I honestly don't want more close friends. I'm also kinda bummed how dating for young men who like men is just so focused on sex. Even talking with other men in long term same sex relationships, it seems like half of them started off as hookups, which is just not what I want to be the first thing or most important thing in my relationships. All of my friends except N. are married or engaged or in long term relationships and want to be engaged, and I know same gender attracted people tend to take longer to find committed relationships but, it's just got me in a way. With everything else happening in my life, I'm feeling a bit depressed.
                          Circe

Comment

I'm glad I'm not working. Finished work at 12:00. For a while there was only two of us running the store. It was slow for a while, then it got a bit crazy. I was making a shake and this asshole was tapping his credit card on the counter. I told him to hold on and I would be right there. It was a shake for the drive-thru. He kept tapping that damned card and I swear if I wasn't clocked in I would have gone off on him. What an ass.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                              I've been kinda dwelling on my relationship status recently, mostly being real insecure about it. I could easily have a relationship but, nothing that seems like it would make me happy. I'm still not really over the thing I've had for my best friend N. and it's been ... almost exactly 4 years actually, that anniversary just passed. I find it super difficult to make friends that are anything more than acquaintances, let alone anything romantic, and I honestly don't want more close friends. I'm also kinda bummed how dating for young men who like men is just so focused on sex. Even talking with other men in long term same sex relationships, it seems like half of them started off as hookups, which is just not what I want to be the first thing or most important thing in my relationships. All of my friends except N. are married or engaged or in long term relationships and want to be engaged, and I know same gender attracted people tend to take longer to find committed relationships but, it's just got me in a way. With everything else happening in my life, I'm feeling a bit depressed.
                              You have a right to want an emotional connection with the people you're intimate with. There's nothing wrong with that, but it can take longer. Just do what you can to continuously expand your circle of friends. Keep up good friendship maintenance, drop toxic relationships when you realize they're unhealthy, and move on with expanding that circle. Eventually, you'll find the right person there.

On another note. I passed all of my midterms! Every. Single. One. And one of them had several people reporting they had failed. As far as I know, at this time, I have the highest reported grade. And I was really, really worried about this test.
                              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                                You have a right to want an emotional connection with the people you're intimate with. There's nothing wrong with that, but it can take longer. Just do what you can to continuously expand your circle of friends. Keep up good friendship maintenance, drop toxic relationships when you realize they're unhealthy, and move on with expanding that circle. Eventually, you'll find the right person there.

On another note. I passed all of my midterms! Every. Single. One. And one of them had several people reporting they had failed. As far as I know, at this time, I have the highest reported grade. And I was really, really worried about this test.
                                Congrats Shahaku! Keep up the great work!

As for me, I'm working on my new BOS. I bought a Moleskine and am working on copying most of the information from my binder to it. It's taking a while, but I like the Moleskine a lot and how it is turning out.
                                Last edited by anubisa; 16 Oct 2018, 19:33.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X