FDA has approved a med for anti-aging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FDA has approved a med for anti-aging

First, here's the article: https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco...espan-of-dogs/

I don't know what to think of this. I would like to think that this is a good idea, but it really isn't. Most of my babies have been euthanized due to health issues. I have had only one die naturally which is what I would want for every pet. It's hard making the decision, but if it is for the dogs sake then I am going to do so. I just couldn't imagine extending their lives especially if I was wanting to keep the dog. That would be selfish. I would rather let the baby go. That's why I just don't know about this. I've also heard about this eventually being used to help as a future anti-aging med for humans. What do you all think?
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: FDA has approved a med for anti-aging

Until we actually know the science that goes into this medication, I'm not going to consider giving this to any of my dogs (or pets if this comes to target a larger group of animals later on). We don't even know what they want to call this drug but they hope it'll be FDA approved by 2025? Where are the studies, citations and references? I can't take this article serious without some sort of scientific input.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I wouldn't give it to my dogs either. Dogs or any pets shouldn't be given anything to extend their lives. I love my babies, but the point is that they have shorter lives for a reason. They were made that way. I also think they are trying to play at being a creator. They still have two more trials before it is officially approved but I feel so worried about it.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

That's a little bit scary. I'm sure there are people experimenting on themselves with this kind of thing, too. I remember also hearing about people having their heads frozen at death to be hopefully brought back later. There's such an obsession with immortality!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

The idea of this in daily pills just screams that people are going to get it "for their pets" and take it themselves. Only way I would trust it is injections given at the vet office....but then, we are playing God with something we shouldn't. And who knows what kinds of side effects it will have in the long run? But then my brain thinks the FDA is just approving it to get a trial run on pets before moving usage for humans.

Comment

It’s all about money. Best way to make money is in emotion driven products. That’s why funeral expenses are so high. Beauty products for your insecurities. That’s how everything is sold. People sure love their pets. They’re even selling life like babies for people who buried babies. It’s insane.

Comment

Working...
            X