X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pets chit chat thread

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    One of Chickadee's hamsters is sick...I think it has wet tail We're on our 2nd dose of antibiotics, and have it isolated and in its own little cage with clean food and fluff and water. Poor little guy...positive energy would be good. She will be heartbroken if he doesn't make it...he's her favorite.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2230[/ATTACH]
    this little guy is GoGo

The little guy did not make it

Chickadee has bravely said that "Now he is running in the endless tunnels of fun in the Hamster Spirit World, so I guess its okay mom. That's better than being sick. But I'm sad, really sad, because he was my little buddy."
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Chickadee has bravely said that "Now he is running in the endless tunnels of fun in the Hamster Spirit World, so I guess its okay mom. That's better than being sick. But I'm sad, really sad, because he was my little buddy."
      Awwww, sorry....
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Aw, man. How did you end up with such a brave and responsible little girl?

Poor hammy.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          Aw, man. How did you end up with such a brave and responsible little girl?
          Pure dumb luck...

...tomorrow we are having his funeral.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

:'(

Enjoy that big wheel in the sky, hammy.
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

That's so sad Thal. I've never been able to have another hamster since my dear Qwerty died of wet tail. I tried so hard to save her, and the vet didn't even charge me for the first consultation, only for the medication, because I think he kinda knew her chances weren't good. I just loved her so much. I always knew hamsters only lived a few years, and I was okay with that, but she died at 9 months. I hope she too is enjoying that big wheel in the sky.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Aw, but your girl, how old is she? Such a mature comment!
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

The dog keeps crapping on the rug. It's almost always the same rug in the kitchen too. No one else was awake so I had to clean things up. Mom won't let me use the washer so I left a note so she can toss it in in the morning. Anyone know a way to make her stop? my dad throws a fit when anyone suggests kenneling them for the night and I feel guilty about caging our other dog since he's always so well behaved and we can't cage just her and let him go.

I'm really sorry about GoGo Thal You have one tough little girl, I hope she isn't taking it too hard.
                  Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                    The dog keeps crapping on the rug. It's almost always the same rug in the kitchen too. No one else was awake so I had to clean things up. Mom won't let me use the washer so I left a note so she can toss it in in the morning. Anyone know a way to make her stop? my dad throws a fit when anyone suggests kenneling them for the night and I feel guilty about caging our other dog since he's always so well behaved and we can't cage just her and let him go.

I'm really sorry about GoGo Thal You have one tough little girl, I hope she isn't taking it too hard.
                    I'm not exactly and expert, but we used to advise on training at the animal shelter where I worked for a while, and I touched on aspects of training as part of the behaviour modules when I did zoology at uni (we shared a great deal of modules with the vet students), but more than anything, I am just an avid watcher of 'It's me or the dog' on Animal Planet! So I know a little bit. lol.

Accidents can be for various reasons. Does she have access to outside through the night? If she was weeing and pooing throughout, I'd wonder if she was properly toilet trained, but as it is just one off accidents through the night, I would assume that she is being caught out and just can't wait any longer. If she does have access to the outside, then I find it really unusual and urge you to have a vet look at her.

If she doesn't have access, then maybe you can try walking her later in the evening if you don't already. Or maybe consider changing feeding times? Just like people, the speed of food through a dog's digestive system will vary between individuals, so changing feeding times might help. Otherwise, definitely get her checked out by a vet in case she has digestive problems.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                      Aw, but your girl, how old is she? Such a mature comment!

She's 6. We've had hamsters since she was 4. I actually got them on purpose knowing that they have a short life, so that the kids had some familiarity with the concept of death. But dying of illness isn't exactly the same as dying of (relatively) old age...so she's taking this especially hard and yet bravely.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        Both dogs get a big bowl of food early in the morning and then that's it. Usually my dad gives them kitchen scraps at dinner too. It's probably because she doesn't get time to go out before bed. My dad goes to bed early because of his job and then lets them out at around 3am. My step mom will usually stumble to bed later. The doctors say she doesn't have digestive issues though she does have arthritis. There was a thunderstorm earlier that night so they were let out into the house after the normal bed time to stop them from crying and then it seems like no one remembered they were out. She's always complaining about the mess the dog makes but she really doesn't want to take care of them and she won't get rid of her either.
                        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                          Both dogs get a big bowl of food early in the morning and then that's it. Usually my dad gives them kitchen scraps at dinner too. It's probably because she doesn't get time to go out before bed. My dad goes to bed early because of his job and then lets them out at around 3am. My step mom will usually stumble to bed later. The doctors say she doesn't have digestive issues though she does have arthritis. There was a thunderstorm earlier that night so they were let out into the house after the normal bed time to stop them from crying and then it seems like no one remembered they were out. She's always complaining about the mess the dog makes but she really doesn't want to take care of them and she won't get rid of her either.
                          Unfortunately (or fortunately depending), the best thing that can be done is just to be sure they're being let out regularly. My dog will go at night, or when he's locked in the bathroom for a few hours during the day, just because he can't hold it that long, but he's just a little guy so his poops aren't that big a deal. At least they aren't urinating all over, that get's really old and can be really hard to clean up.
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

She's 6. We've had hamsters since she was 4. I actually got them on purpose knowing that they have a short life, so that the kids had some familiarity with the concept of death. But dying of illness isn't exactly the same as dying of (relatively) old age...so she's taking this especially hard and yet bravely.
                            It really is completely different, but kinda useful in its own way too, like if an aunt was diagnosed with something.... But so brave from a 6 year old! I'm thinking of my 6 year old students and none of them would ever say something so profound! Good job on the parenting Thal!
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Since I last posted here we adopted two little girl kitties. The tuxedo is Tasha and the Tortie is Garnet. Technically they are my son and daughter's, but they bring joy and new life to our home. That has us at one dog, three cats, and 17 chickens. I suspect there would be more if life had not had us away so much this summer.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Oh! Pet talk

I have two fur babies. I have a house rabbit called Braken and a little boy kitten called Curzon. They are my babies! x
                                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Working...
                                X