• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auseklis
    replied
    Re: Pets chit chat thread

Originally posted by Wickedjr89 View Post
    Thank you. I still cry when I think about them, but I also smile. They taught me a lot though in their short lives. They each had their own personality. One was the boss, Max, he was a bit aggressive and also sometimes the hardest one to find but he was also sweet. Ghost was a cuddle bug, like Fuzzy is and Smoky, the girl of the trio, was on the shy side but was learning to finally stand up against her brother Max (not in a mean way). They weren't my older cats kitties but they were all from the same litter.
    It is sad so many people care more about their own species than any other. We're all citizens of this planet. So many animals are going extinct, at the hands of humans. It's very sad to say the least .
    I couldn't agree more and as you stated, each animal has a distinct personality and path in life. I think we forget as humans that our paths are no more or less important than that of an animal... even an ant. To be honest I have seen more pro-active ants than I have humans... I have met a lot of lazy humans in my time.

Leave a comment:

• Wickedjr89
    replied

Thank you. I still cry when I think about them, but I also smile. They taught me a lot though in their short lives. They each had their own personality. One was the boss, Max, he was a bit aggressive and also sometimes the hardest one to find but he was also sweet. Ghost was a cuddle bug, like Fuzzy is and Smoky, the girl of the trio, was on the shy side but was learning to finally stand up against her brother Max (not in a mean way). They weren't my older cats kitties but they were all from the same litter.
    It is sad so many people care more about their own species than any other. We're all citizens of this planet. So many animals are going extinct, at the hands of humans. It's very sad to say the least .

Leave a comment:

• Auseklis
    replied

Originally posted by Wickedjr89 View Post
    I have 2 cats and a dog. I had 3 more kittens but a house fire last year took them My dog was outside at the time as was one of our cats, an older cat (only about to be 5 now, almost 4 at the time, so not old just no longer a kitten). The kittens we lost we got at 8 weeks and they were a few days away from being 6 months old. The house fire destroyed the house, everything we owned and took our 3 kitties with it. It almost took me too. Even though their lives were cut short i'm grateful we got the time we did with them.
    Our other cat our friends found last year at the time it happened as a stray very little kitten that was going to die. So many different kinds of worms among other things. Sadly they didn't care about properly taking care of her, at all. So once we found a new place (we were in a tent for awhile) we took her in and nursed her back to health. I wasn't feeling a new cat at the time, newly mourning the loss of our 3 kittens I didn't want to get attached....tough I got attached. My hubby got attached right away. I couldn't leave her to die though so the plan was to nurse her back to health and find her a good home. Well we nursed her back to health and in that time she captured my heart, for which I am grateful. She is a cuddle bug! We nursed her to health and was rewarded with lots of kitty love! <3 It's a been year now (the fire was Sept 8th last year) and i'm glad she stole my heart.

Our dog is named Bear, the older cat that was lucky to be outside at the time is Mandi and the kitty we nursed to health (which is no longer a kitty, our best guess was she was born around last July/early August of last year) is named Fuzzball aka Fuzzy. Our 3 and 4 year old nieces named her.
    I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune and the loss of life is heartbreaking to say the least. I am thankful you are ok and the rest of your animal friends. From what you have written you have a very special way with animals and care deeply about their wellbeing. You are a blessing to a planet where many people care more about their own species than any other.

Leave a comment:

• Wickedjr89
    replied

I have 2 cats and a dog. I had 3 more kittens but a house fire last year took them My dog was outside at the time as was one of our cats, an older cat (only about to be 5 now, almost 4 at the time, so not old just no longer a kitten). The kittens we lost we got at 8 weeks and they were a few days away from being 6 months old. The house fire destroyed the house, everything we owned and took our 3 kitties with it. It almost took me too. Even though their lives were cut short i'm grateful we got the time we did with them.
    Our other cat our friends found last year at the time it happened as a stray very little kitten that was going to die. So many different kinds of worms among other things. Sadly they didn't care about properly taking care of her, at all. So once we found a new place (we were in a tent for awhile) we took her in and nursed her back to health. I wasn't feeling a new cat at the time, newly mourning the loss of our 3 kittens I didn't want to get attached....tough I got attached. My hubby got attached right away. I couldn't leave her to die though so the plan was to nurse her back to health and find her a good home. Well we nursed her back to health and in that time she captured my heart, for which I am grateful. She is a cuddle bug! We nursed her to health and was rewarded with lots of kitty love! <3 It's a been year now (the fire was Sept 8th last year) and i'm glad she stole my heart.

Our dog is named Bear, the older cat that was lucky to be outside at the time is Mandi and the kitty we nursed to health (which is no longer a kitty, our best guess was she was born around last July/early August of last year) is named Fuzzball aka Fuzzy. Our 3 and 4 year old nieces named her.

Leave a comment:

• Rae'ya
    replied

Originally posted by kijani View Post
    ...and my mom has a cockapoo/shorkie mix...
    A what? lol

I've seen 'cockapoo's before (though in Australia we tend to stick with 'spoodle' regardless of what type of spaniel went into the mix), but never a 'shorkie'. Presumable a Yorkie cross something?

I don't mean any offense, but I always have an internal giggle when I see 'breeds' like this. I once had a client swear to me that the puppy they bought for $800 was a maltese shihtzu cross westie with papers (meaning registration papers, which are only awarded to purebred dogs from registered breeders). It's getting difficult for us to denote breed on medical records... technically these 'designer dogs' aren't breeds, and so a cockapoo means nothing from a legal point of view. Cocker Spaniel X Poodle is what we're supposed to say. If there's more than two breeds in there then it's technically a 'Mixed Breed'.

And talking about breeds... welfare centers and rescue centers are TERRIBLE at recognising breeds. I once had a client who only got his dog back from a rescue centre because he reconginsed her barking and made them let him through. They swore she was a Staghound but she was patently a pure bred Bull Arab. It wasn't until he showed them photos that they believed him. Staghounds don't look anything like Bull Arabs! The number of dogs I see who quietly undergo a 'breed change' when they come to us for the first time from a rescue center is a bit ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X