X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRAYER REQUESTS!!

Of course, Clive! You got it.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
      A friend of my father's has a 20 year old daughter with what they call "brittle diabetes." She's also slightly mentally impaired (or maybe she's just dumb, I'm not really clear on that part), it seems, and doesn't care for herself properly - gives her assistance money to her boyfriend, still smokes, etc. Her mother is terrified that she's giving up on life and is going to die. We were at her house earlier and she was very emotional over it, and I promised her prayers. Any prayers for this girl's guidance and health and strength for her family would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
      Ouch, sounds mildly like Aspbergers more than anything. But sure thing hun
      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
      sigpic

Comment

An old friend was in a bad motorcycle accident Thursday. He's still unconscious - not sure exactly what's going on. He & his wife live several hours away so I'm waiting for daily updates.....he is the person who originally mentioned my present town to me when I was considering moving, several years back, so I could say he changed my life.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
          An old friend was in a bad motorcycle accident Thursday. He's still unconscious - not sure exactly what's going on. He & his wife live several hours away so I'm waiting for daily updates.....he is the person who originally mentioned my present town to me when I was considering moving, several years back, so I could say he changed my life.
          Damn Hawkfeathers, I'm very sorry to hear that. I will do whatever I can in the way of Ritual/Prayer, I really hope he turns out okay. Thoughts are with you and your buddy.
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Hopefully it'll all be okay.

Side note-what is it with people getting into bike accidents lately >_<
            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
              Hopefully it'll all be okay.

Side note-what is it with people getting into bike accidents lately >_<
              If your in the biker community sometimes its all you ever hear about. Riders are vulnerable out on the roads.
              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
              sigpic
              In Days of yore,
              From Britain's shore
              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
              And planted firm Britannia's flag
              On Canada's fair domain.
              Here may it wave,
              Our boast, our pride
              And joined in love together,
              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

As of last night's update, he has still not regained consciousness.
                sigpic

Comment

I really hope he gets better.
                  [4:82]

Comment

Please help me keep at my journey of weightloss
                    and education and work as such.... things are hard

Comment

I don't know where to begin...

Those of you who know me are aware of my epic money troubles, that my job is on the line because teachers are being used as scapegoats and political sacrifices, and that, between the depression and panic attacks, I've been struggling to hold on to whatever bits of sanity I have left.

My wife, K'Roe, of course, has been going through the same things, including the panic attacks. If you don't know about panic disorder, I'll tell you that they are the most God-awful things ever. I'd rather have any number of broken bones - mental pain is more intense, and painful. Many people are diagnosed with panic disorder when they show up at the ER believing they are having a heart attack.

Once you've started having them, then almost anything can trigger it - like stepping out the door, or getting a little chill. And then - it's curl up in the fetal position, and cry like a baby.

I'm doing OK, all things considered. The meds keep me on my feet, and get me in & out of work, but K'Roe is still having big problems. She has panic attacks three out of five mornings. Today, it was so bad she had to call in sick, and when I got home from work, she was still shaking and crying.

So I'm sitting here tonight, making friends with a bottle, & to hell with work in the morning. She's finally asleep, and hopefully peaceful. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I can't make it without her, and she can't make it without me, and both of us are falling apart.

Whatever you can do, or think you can do - strike a fire, light a candle, cast powders upon the water, whatever - please do it for K'Roe. The woman is a frick in' angel (she's put up with me for over thirty years!), and she doesn't deserve any of this crap, and I don't seem to be able to do anything to help.

Thanks.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

May Fortune act in her favor.

Blessings to you both.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

My thoughts and prayers to you and her.
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

B. De,been there with the panic attacks and they really suck. Hoping things get better. Sometimes all you can do is keep on keeping on,but I know how hard that can be sometimes. Many blessings to you and your Wife,stay strong my friend.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thoughts and blessings to you both - it will get better.

Comment

Blessings and luck to the both of you. I hope things start to look brighter before too long.
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X