This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRAYER REQUESTS!!

Just found out my husbands 82 year old father had a heart attack and is in the hospital, we don't know what is happening yet, but would greatly appreciate any prayers you could send his way.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I was hoping someone could pray that the film festival I am planning does well and that I start to feel less stressed as I am working on it. I have had horrible headaches for the last 3 days due to stress and I just had my first nose bleed in 18 years. I want my festival to succeed and I am working so hard between that and my two other jobs I just can't help but to be stressed.

Comment

got in a car accident yesterday-- I'm mostly okay, but I don't know about the car, I'm 5 hours from home, and I don't know how I'm going to get back or if I'll still have a car. Prayers would be appreciated.
        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
          got in a car accident yesterday-- I'm mostly okay, but I don't know about the car, I'm 5 hours from home, and I don't know how I'm going to get back or if I'll still have a car. Prayers would be appreciated.
          I'm so sorry to hear this. From my own personal experience, I sure do hope that your car gets repaired!

IF, however, that doesn't happen, then it might be nice to know that there are certainly ways to get home. If you can find a local church or other charity type organization and explain your situation, many times they will be willing to buy a greyhound ticket. Assuming that you're American, sorry if I'm in the wrong country to help.

Even sometimes social workers can get you into contact with someone who can assist you. If you don't know how to get ahold of a local social worker, call the hospital and tell them that you have a non-medical emergency, but you really need to talk to a social worker. Tell them that you need to speak to one of their social workers in order to find out how to locate charities that might be willing or able to assist you.

I know greyhound isn't a first choice, but it will get you home, which may be the final necessity when you're in such a pickle.

Despite all of that information, my greatest hope is that your car can be repaired and you can head out.

ALSO, I don't know if you had insurance, but if you do, then they are the first people to contact. They will almost unquestionably have provisions to help you get home. Again, perhaps not the best provisions, but the best isn't always necessary--sometimes you just need to get the job done.

Deep breaths, this, too shall pass.

Comment

Hey, Malflick, everything okay up your way?

Comment

Just half an hour ago my half black/half white cat got out of my house. I've been searching since but its midnight and I'm exhausted and he won't come to me if I call because he's always wanted to be outside.

He has no claws so if some big Cat comes to pick a fight with him he'll lose, badly.

I know this sounds weird coming from the Norse tough guy persona, but this little guy means a lot to me. Lost my last cat not long ago and I just got really fond of this one. Any prayers/good thoughts that he'll come back are extremely appreciated. Thank you.
              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
              sigpic
              In Days of yore,
              From Britain's shore
              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
              And planted firm Britannia's flag
              On Canada's fair domain.
              Here may it wave,
              Our boast, our pride
              And joined in love together,
              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Hoping that the little guy comes back home to you.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Good luck finding your kitty! I'd be a mess if it was me!

Mostly art.

Comment

Thank you both very much
                    sigpic
                    In Days of yore,
                    From Britain's shore
                    On Canada's fair domain.
                    Here may it wave,
                    Our boast, our pride
                    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Well, the little guy game back free of harm Thank you both again for the good thoughts!
                      sigpic
                      In Days of yore,
                      From Britain's shore
                      On Canada's fair domain.
                      Here may it wave,
                      Our boast, our pride
                      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Southern Alberta is flooding badly. Some towns are having people airlifted out. Calgary (my city) has a huge chunk of it evacuated. Downtown has been declared in a state of emergency. My husband and I are safe on our side of town, but I work downtown and got out of there yesterday just before evacuations reached us. We have friends who have been evacuated from their home at 2 am last night. The whole south half of this province is in a bit of a mess right now and it's still raining today.
                        Thoughts, prayers, candles, whatever for the many thousands of people (last I heard 100 000) displaced. Especially for those who are currently missing and their families.
                        My Tumblr
                        My Webcomic
                        My Twitter

Comment

My dads' cat, Phoebe, is old and thin. She became nervous during our absence and did not eat as much as she should have, and she's very weak. It looks like she might die, but we're trying to nurse her back to health and believe there's a halfway decent chance for her. We have a very simple, spontaneous altar to Bastet set up with prayers that whatever happens is what's best for Phoebe - help her heal if she can be saved, let her go peacefully if she cannot. Any prayers, vibes, candles, prayers (especially to Bastet if anyone has a special relationship with her). I've never worked with Bastet before, so this is a worship bargain - strictly business. I am, however, enjoying her presence. The incense of myrrh and catnip is lovely.

Thank you.

Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Prayers to both of you!

Wisp - I saw that on the news yesterday! Calgary is flooding so badly

Mostly art.

Comment

I have a lot of friends in Calgary...my prayers are definitely with them.

If people are praying for floods to let up, please add in the Elbe river in Saxony (Germany). It's been flooded for weeks, and parts are just not letting up, despite full emergency efforts.

Comment

If you guys could pray for my girlfriend's father, I would appreciate it. His cancer treatment is... Not going well. He had an allergic reaction to his last chemo treatment, and the cancer has spread quite a lot...
                                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Working...
                                X