X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRAYER REQUESTS!!

May fortune turn in his favor.

Blessings to him and his kin.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hey guys -- I know I haven't been around a lot lately and I hate that. I also hate that I haven't been around a lot lately and one of the first forums I find myself in is this one, but if you guys could spare a moment for me and my family, that would be great. My grandfather passed last week. It was kind of sudden. He was old and lived a full life, but he wanted no service. His only wish was to be cremated as my grandmother was when she died in 2008. There was no memorial service. My grandparents wanted to be dispersed together, so my family hopes to hold some sort of ceremony later when we figure out what to do. In the meantime, if you could please keep us in your prayers, that would be greatly appreciated.
      It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
      -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Of course! Sorry for your loss.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

my sympathies. I'll be praying for you guys....
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I think it's beautiful that they want to be dispersed together. I'm sure you will figure out exactly what to do.
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

A family member of mine was out on his motorcycle when he was rear ended by a truck. I just got called with this information now, he has bad spine damage and we're not sure on his condition. We know that his bike was crushed so he can't be doing too well.

Any good thoughts and prayers for him while we find out more information are appreciated. Thanks.
              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
              sigpic
              In Days of yore,
              From Britain's shore
              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
              And planted firm Britannia's flag
              On Canada's fair domain.
              Here may it wave,
              Our boast, our pride
              And joined in love together,
              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                A family member of mine was out on his motorcycle when he was rear ended by a truck. I just got called with this information now, he has bad spine damage and we're not sure on his condition. We know that his bike was crushed so he can't be doing too well.

Any good thoughts and prayers for him while we find out more information are appreciated. Thanks.
                I'll be praying. I hope the healing goes well...

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                  I'll be praying. I hope the healing goes well...
                  Thanks Malflick.

I just got a call from the hospital, he was rushed into the ER and stabilized. He may not be able to walk, depending on the severity of damage to the spine. Worst part is he is a 16 hour ride from me so I can't just get up and visit him.

I'm very worried because he always used to say "I'd rather die than not be able to ride my bike and get in the wind, if I'm ever in the hospital and end up paralyzed, just pull the plug." Now obviously we aren't going to get him killed but I'm worried on the mental damage this will have with him.
                  sigpic
                  In Days of yore,
                  From Britain's shore
                  On Canada's fair domain.
                  Here may it wave,
                  Our boast, our pride
                  The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

All good thoughts his way.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      All good thoughts his way.
                      Thanks hawkfeathers
                      sigpic
                      In Days of yore,
                      From Britain's shore
                      On Canada's fair domain.
                      Here may it wave,
                      Our boast, our pride
                      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Thanks Malflick.

I just got a call from the hospital, he was rushed into the ER and stabilized. He may not be able to walk, depending on the severity of damage to the spine. Worst part is he is a 16 hour ride from me so I can't just get up and visit him.

I'm very worried because he always used to say "I'd rather die than not be able to ride my bike and get in the wind, if I'm ever in the hospital and end up paralyzed, just pull the plug." Now obviously we aren't going to get him killed but I'm worried on the mental damage this will have with him.
                        Jesus... I hope he isn't paralyzed... But if he is, I hope he can find some meaning in his life. Losing what gives your life joy is a horrid thing...

So, praying... I really hope for the best. Take care Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                          Jesus... I hope he isn't paralyzed... But if he is, I hope he can find some meaning in his life. Losing what gives your life joy is a horrid thing...

So, praying... I really hope for the best. Take care Doc.
                          I greatly appreciate it Malflick, I believe YHWH is very good at healing and your the only Christian bud I have so its very appreciated.
                          sigpic
                          In Days of yore,
                          From Britain's shore
                          On Canada's fair domain.
                          Here may it wave,
                          Our boast, our pride
                          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

May I send a small candle spell his way?

Comment

Thanks Malflick.

My thoughts and sympathies, hopefully he'll have a full recovery and be right back out there soon!

Comment

*winces* ouch. My dad's a rider, and I don't know what I'd do if somethin were to happen to him like this. I'm so sorry to hear that Doc. I'll be sending prayers his way. Hopefully he'll be alright as long as he's got doctors who know what the hell they're doing.
                                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X