• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Eatin'?

Originally posted by desertrat View Post
    Navajo taco on homemade fry bread with chilli beans
    This sounds so yummy.

I was gonna just have a bologna and tapatio sammy and call it a night. I'm tired and have to get up early again. I had to work both jobs. So I'm sorta dunzo.

So the lady of the house was in the kitchen wanting a snack. She opened a Marie Calender's pie box and shared! It's strawberry cream with whipped cream. And I guess chocolate pudding at the bottom. OMG.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by desertrat View Post
      Navajo taco on homemade fry bread with chilli beans
      I live on a reservation and have mexican family members, indian tacos were a thing that happened. They're all bundled up with abstract concepts like summer, family, and childhood.

I'm eating a ham and mashed potato sandwich right now. With a liberal addition of pickles and jalapenos.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

leftover "s'getti" (as my kids would say)
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I subscribe to one of those "mail you a box of stuff" type things every month XD It's based upon travel to destinations around the world
          Anywho, this month's box is about Mexico and the last thing I ate was from this box: Lucas, Mango.

It's a candy powder thing that has at least 3 distinct flavors ... but you taste them one at a time! 1st: Sweet ... very Yummy, 2nd: Not sweet, more soury/citrus, 3rd: Spicy ... and more spicy.

Lol it's the most interesting thing I've ever had! And those flavors don't meld together well ... you can taste when they switch gears. Just fascinating o.o

I ramble, FYI

Comment

The store I work at is having a 3 for $7 deal on those newfangled Chips Ahoy "Ice Cream Creation" things. I got Mocha Chunk, Root Beer Float, and Mint Chocolate Chip flavored cookies. I passed on Dulce de Leche because I didn't know what it was. I'd rather have actual ice cream, but I still have an addiction of sorts to sweets, so I need to put these cookies away.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Just got done mixing up my homemade ranch dressing about 15mins on grill then ribeye steaks a baked patatos to go with a nice fresh salad 30-45 mins dinners done.

Comment

CHERRIES! omg CHERRIES! Paid $5 for a 2.5 lb bag. But I've been eating them for 3 days now!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  CHERRIES! omg CHERRIES! Paid $5 for a 2.5 lb bag. But I've been eating them for 3 days now!
                  That day is a few months off for me, yet, but the day they arrive in Yellowknife, bank account, watch out!

I am eating a little bowl of plain yogurt with raw honey and wild blueberries, and two slices of pumperknickel bread with almond butter for brekky.

Mostly art.

Comment

AHHH,California cherry season...how I miss those sweet and tangy treats..to expensive here in the East...
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Cherry season is around Christmas here in Adelaide. We have several cherry farms where you can go and pick your own and get an enormous box for about $10.

Last year's season was so bad, though, that pick-your-own was scrapped and the prices rocketed. They just didn't have the crops to be able to do it.

Anyways... right now I'm eating leftover lasagne that I made last night. Technically, it's vegetarian lasagne made with Quorn, because I don't eat ground meat. And my nephew, who usually doesn't eat my mum's lasagne because he doesn't like bechemal sauce, capsicum or crunchy veggies, told me last night "I love your cooking" (despite the bechemal sauce, capsicum and al dente veggies).

Comment

Cherries!!!! I WANT!

Anywho. I made a home made flatbread pizza. I found these round whole wheat flatbreads at the Mexican market. A pack of 4 thick tortilla sized flatbreads for just $2. So I have 2 packs. I put on spaghetti sauce (which has mushrooms and is WAAAY cheaper then buying 'pizza' sauce) Added pepperoni, red bell peppers, pineapple and black olives. So good. I would have added jalapenos, but I was out. Still popped it in the toaster oven and now it's going in mah mouth.

Comment

Some cheese, curd on 2 small pieces of bread, some rice and milk -crazy, huh?
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            That day is a few months off for me, yet, but the day they arrive in Yellowknife, bank account, watch out!

Ditto...if you sub "Norfolk" for Yellowknife. I only like Ranier cherries, and they are more of a June/July thing.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              Ditto...if you sub "Norfolk" for Yellowknife. I only like Ranier cherries, and they are more of a June/July thing.
                              I will pay an inordinate amount of money for Rainier cherries. Which is good, I guess, since that's how much they cost in Canada...

I had a banana-peach-almond butter smoothie for breakfast...that I chased with chocolate Turtles. (somebody PLEASE get the last of the easter candy outta my house!)

Mostly art.

Comment

My new roomie took me to Zippy's (an awesome restaurant) after work this morning. I ordered a turkey sandwich with onion rings. It was kind of disappointing because Zippy's has so much awesome food, but the sandwich was kind of plain. It was good and all, but I was expecting a hot sandwich dripping with gravy, not a small cold one.
                                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X