• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Eatin'?

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    Quorn is a brand of meat substitutes.

Oh, I see. Thanks!!!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      I thought the mince was vegan? Oh well. Another reason I cant be vegan! Haha
      Nope, all quorn products contain eggs and milk I'm afraid.
      Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        What exactly is that??? Never heard of it before.
        Also... 'spag bog' is Australian for 'spaghetti bolognaise'.

We have a pathological incapability of calling anything by it's full name.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
          Also... 'spag bog' is Australian for 'spaghetti bolognaise'.

We have a pathological incapability of calling anything by it's full name.
          It's spag bol in the UK. Bog is a slang term for toilet xD
          Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Italian Americans tend to cut the vowels off a lot of words and some things are just...odd...like "cavatelli" (a certain shape of pasta) is "gabadeel" and "capicola" (a lunch meat) is "gabagool". This is mainly among those with roots in southern Italy.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Wine. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
                Bog is a (lesser used) slang for toilet here too, but we still use it for spag bog lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                Italian Americans tend to cut the vowels off a lot of words and some things are just...odd...like "cavatelli" (a certain shape of pasta) is "gabadeel" and "capicola" (a lunch meat) is "gabagool". This is mainly among those with roots in southern Italy.
                We have some odd food slangs too... snag, sanga, grog, dog's eye (best eaten with dead horse), bickie, spuds, savs, little boys, bum nuts, googs... then some not odd ones like pav, chockies, lollies... not to mention all the non-food slangs.

I grew up in country Victoria, surrounded by country people who actually use Aussie slang in everyday conversation. City people often don't know all the slang, or try to say that we don't really talk like that... but country people do! Torey had a hard time adjusting to the language... I still have to translate sometimes, like when he met my biological dad for the first time earlier this year.

Comment

Bog is a (lesser used) slang for toilet here too, but we still use it for spag bog lol.

- - - Updated - - -

We have some odd food slangs too... snag, sanga, grog, dog's eye (best eaten with dead horse), bickie, spuds, savs, little boys, bum nuts, googs... then some not odd ones like pav, chockies, lollies... not to mention all the non-food slangs.

I grew up in country Victoria, surrounded by country people who actually use Aussie slang in everyday conversation. City people often don't know all the slang, or try to say that we don't really talk like that... but country people do! Torey had a hard time adjusting to the language... I still have to translate sometimes, like when he met my biological dad for the first time earlier this year.
                  same out here. But thats cos we're bogans.

It also gets confusing when you grew up using local indigenous words casually in your own speaking, then you go out of your area and still use them.
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Do you always clarify bologwhatsit, or is assuming that spaghetti always comes with meat sauce just an american thing?
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
                      Spaghetti toilet lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                        Do you always clarify bologwhatsit, or is assuming that spaghetti always comes with meat sauce just an american thing?
                        We pretty much always call it spaghetti bolognaise or spag bog, or just spaghetti... but never just bolognaise. But spaghetti does always come with meat sauce... and if you make spaghetti without meat sauce then you call it 'pasta'. I think that made sense.

Comment

We pretty much always call it spaghetti bolognaise or spag bog, or just spaghetti... but never just bolognaise. But spaghetti does always come with meat sauce... and if you make spaghetti without meat sauce then you call it 'pasta'. I think that made sense.
                          Unless it's carbonara.

Comment

Whereas I default to pasta, because I make very little spag bog.
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Lentil bolognaise and vanoffee chocolate.

Comment

Made a smoothie in the blender - Almond milk, orange juice, banana,peach, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, flax seed oil

Comment

Working...
                                X