This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karelian pastries!
    Basically it's porridge wrapped in dough. But it's good.
    Ah, porridge. It looks really good.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Whatcha Eatin'?

Salad tonight. The temperature is up to 95F/35C today and we just aren't used to that in England!

Comment

Olive bread.

Comment

I've been playing with IF (intermittent fasting) for the last couple of days. I always wake up starving, eat breakfast, and then I feel hungry again by 10am. And then eat lunch, and then a snack, and then dinner, and well...that's a lot of food.

So I have been playing with a 16-8 IF window. And so far...I'm actually only hungry in the morning for like 10 minutes when I first wake up, and then I'm fine until 11-12. And it makes lunch taste GREAT. Like the best thing ever. And I've been able to keep my calorie goals this way (aka no mindless snacking anymore).

So what did I have for breakfast? Nothing. And it's fantastic. (but I had blackened pickerel, homemade fries, coleslaw, and long island ice teas for dinner, and that was fantastic too!)

Mostly art.

Comment

Gooseberries. My plants seem to have ripened since this morning, so I'll be eating a lot of them for the next week or so. I don't know why more people don't plant these....they taste great and they produce a tonnnneee of fruit.

Comment

I've been boiling a giant ham bone since 9am. It is currently 2pm. Soon, I shall be enjoying pea soup, which is the food of the gods...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Just about to dig into my first gyouza (Japanese dumpling.. vegetable of course).. They stink. Here goes nothing...
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  Just about to dig into my first gyouza (Japanese dumpling.. vegetable of course).. They stink. Here goes nothing...
                  If it stinks, I can't eat it. Before I put any food into my mouth, I smell it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                    If it stinks, I can't eat it. Before I put any food into my mouth, I smell it first.
                    You'd die of starvation in Japan then. Their food always looks amazing, but boy does it smell...

Then again, they say we westerners smell of sour milk, so what do we know about what smells good?
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Just had red grapes. Love having some at night.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

So the last three days have been heaven for me!!! KP has been off work for over a week and has another week of vacation to go which means hes bored out of his mind and has been making me dinner, which normally only happens once every couple of months. So first night was a play on gyros on fresh tortillas cause hey who doesn't love fresh tortillas??? Yesterday I had home made rubens, and instead of sauerkraut we had sauteed cabbage and bacon with homemade dressing. I only had to toast the bread while he assembled. And this evening it was a tortellini chicken soup. With plenty of left over chicken to make quesadillas the next few days with our extra tortillas.

I'm gonna hate it when he goes back to work.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Toast and an avocado/tomato salad.

Comment

Eating some challah.

Comment

Tea counts as food....

I haven't been feeling great these past few weeks (just nerves I think) and I think it's taking a toll on my health a little bit. So liquid-centric today. :P Tea now, soup later.

Comment

Vegetable lasagna...

No noodles, just veg.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X