This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Eatin'?

Had a couple of basil chicken sausages for dinner, and some Halloween baked goods.

Comment

Well I did find a package of walnuts and a package of craisins in my pantry. Sigh.

Our fridge in the kitchen died, so any food I had died with it.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Leftover Caramel Chicken for breakfast (Halloween food). Very weird, quite nice :3

Go Go Origen!

I'm always looking for new and cool book and food recommendations, feel free to message me ;P

Comment

Last night I gorged myself in apricot maple glazed ham. This morning? Maybe eggs or toast or ... screw it, probably ramen.

Comment

Jimmy Dean sausage patties(microwave) with Honey mustard on them...tasty honey mustard!!
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
              ... screw it, probably ramen.
              A pot sauce or actually home cooked? I've tried to make 'proper' ramen like twice and it died a painful death both times ._.

Go Go Origen!

I'm always looking for new and cool book and food recommendations, feel free to message me ;P

Comment

Originally posted by Mootipi View Post
                A pot sauce or actually home cooked? I've tried to make 'proper' ramen like twice and it died a painful death both times ._.
                To me, making "proper" ramen involves adding some sort of meat and veggies to the little package of the instant stuff.

Comment

Pizza!

*leaves piece for MO as my acolyte sacrifice.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Got a Rotisserie Chicken,nibbling on it as we type.

Hell yeh!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Got a tiny thing of caviar,just to say I tasted it before I croke. Never had it ever so if anyone has had it,what is it like and will I like it? Have heard it is salty,maybe on crackers?

Kind of working up my bucket list..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Never eat something expensive on something not equally expensive unless you have no choice. If you just want to eat caviar, get a spoon . I've never had it, but I've had less expensive sorts of fish eggs, and unless you can afford to experiment with crackers and cheese and such, eat it plain. It will be delicious.

Comment

Mainly I am eating it just to say I did....will be 69 next Feb.,so working on kinds new stuff. I have eaten a lot of things most people never would when younger,like Balut(sp) in the Philippines,that's 100 year old egg thing,do a search.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

If you really want an amazing food experience, go to Morimoto's in NYC.

Comment

I also am a big fan of caviar. The grocery store jars are OK (black is better than red, IMHO), at a good fish market you may be able to get fresh salmon caviar, but, if you want the really, really good stuff, go Russian. I've only had it once, but it makes all other caviar taste like play-doh in comparison.

Eating off the spoon is best, but if you want it on a cracker, find the blandest cracker possible - you don't want anything that will overpower the caviar, caviar is already quite salty so don't add a salty cracker. Wedges of light toast are good. Any non-sweet cheese goes well, and a dry white wine is good.
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

salmon caviar is ok i guess ... I like sturgeon tho ... and the fish is better too ...

right now ... potatoes, black forest ham, onion, sweet peppers, duck eggs all diced and scrambled in the frying pan ...
                                I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
                                X