This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Eatin'?

What I got is from Iceland,black capelin.. and thank you B. De. for the insight.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      Mainly I am eating it just to say I did....will be 69 next Feb.,so working on kinds new stuff. I have eaten a lot of things most people never would when younger,like Balut(sp) in the Philippines,that's 100 year old egg thing,do a search.
      Do not eat caviar off just any spoon!!! Metal spoons are BAD for it!!! Bone or wooden are ok choice but the preferred and best spoons for caviar are mother of pearl. I like mine on sushi!
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Sushi is for catching bigger fish with ... tonight was chicken breasts baked in cream of mushroom soup, green beans with lotsa butter, mashed taters and mushroom gravy ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Sushi is delicious and amazing. I might even be able to talk KP into it for dinner tonight.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
            Sushi is delicious and amazing. I might even be able to talk KP into it for dinner tonight.
            For special occasions (and not so special), my wife and I always go out for sushi. Close to where she lives right now in Canada is a really good place, an the same for where I am. Both have an all-you-can-eat, made-to-order menu that is not just sushi, but sashimi, dim sum, and soups!

Comment

haven't had good dim sum since i left Los Angeles back in '77
              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                For special occasions (and not so special), my wife and I always go out for sushi. Close to where she lives right now in Canada is a really good place, an the same for where I am. Both have an all-you-can-eat, made-to-order menu that is not just sushi, but sashimi, dim sum, and soups!

I love all of those. Dallas has a very large Asian population so we have tons of good places like this. I went for hot pot a few weeks ago. I'm gonna have to get my fill for dim sum and ramen before we move. There is a Vietnamese place and a few Japanese restaurants in Appleton but thats about it.

Comment

A slight variation of Thalassa's cabbage recipie - used balsamic vinegar, added thin sliced carrots, and cooked it with some thin slices of beef.

Heavenly, with baked potatoes & sour cream!
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Malti keks.

Comment

Leftover homemade chilli con carne that I made in the slow cooker the other day. With some leftover experimental 'mexican' rice that I made up on the fly using a microwave rice cooker (I didn't know until I tried this that you can add stock powders and spices to your Tupperware microwave rice cooker thingy and it works just as well as doing it in a saucepan... yay for experimenting).

Comment

It's late. It's cold (64 gonna get to 52 tonight!) and I'm tired. So chorizo con papas it is. With some corn tortillas.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Corbin I thought of you, we are having Salisbury Steak and mashed potatoes!

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                            Corbin I thought of you, we are having Salisbury Steak and mashed potatoes!
                            I love the thought of a master chef eating from an aluminum tray
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              I love the thought of a master chef eating from an aluminum tray
                              Its a comfort food for us, and hey its delicious

Comment

Grilled ham and cheese sammys on sour dough bread ... The ham was caramelized first ... Better flavor ...

Comment

Working...
                                X