Northern Americana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northern Americana

Hey Rok, if by chance you wind up anywhere near my state, you HAVE to go to the Creation Museum, sheerly for the hilarity of it. I would almost pay to see it
    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
    without his weapons of war;
    for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
    of a spear on the way without.
    -

Comment

DR: The ads are there - I've had problems with the horizontal ads showing up every time, but there's a vertical set of ads that load every time on the right-side, near the bottom. If you're not seeing that then you've got an ad blocker...it's no big deal if that's the case - I don't want to fuck up your machine on other sites.

Thjoth: I'm not planning on being near the Dark Side of the Moon, unless you're just visiting there What state?

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Thanks to those that are able to click - just the 4 clicks I've received so far has changed my estimated payout from $.01 to $2.64...that's what I'm talking about! Thanks guys!

Comment

Sorry, Kentucky

I'd imagine your reaction as something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im_5QdHp04E
        "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
        -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
        without his weapons of war;
        for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
        of a spear on the way without.
        -

Comment

LMAO - It'll be a few weeks before I'm in that part of the world (IF I make it that far) - but I'm def going to be swinging by and seeing some PF members when I get over there

Comment

Rok, is there a click limit?

Like...if I click on 4 or 5 ads, does it count just once, or for all of them?

ETA: you should put the link in your signature too!
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure how I ever lived at this pace! It's fun but I wil be glad to get home.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Good call Thal - adding it right now

I expect that Google will stop counting clicks, but I have no idea how they factor it. They changed the rules some years ago and I never did figure it out afterward. All I know for sure is that 4 people clicked ads in the last 24 hours and brought the cash up to about a half a gallon of gas. Filling up my tank shouldn't take much at all, and every little bit ads up.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
                  I'll see where the trip takes me...if Canada is too cold, I'll end up having to dip south anyway and maybe I'll be passing through your neck of the woods.
                  It shouldn't be...we DO have real summer! BC will be coolest at the moment (at least, discounting the real north), and it will be the same as Washington State. Montreal is already 35 degrees Celsius (90-ish F?)...weather forcasts say in the 20s but some friends from there posted otherwise on Facebook.

Everyone thinks Canada is so cold, but southern Canada isn't any different than the US States that border it. Washington=BC, Michigan=Ontario, Quebec=Vermont, etc. It's only really when you get further north of the border (and most major cities are closer to the border!) that it gets significantly colder! I mean, some of those places get pretty damn cold in the winter, but from what I understand so do those States!

Comment

You forget I'm from a desert environment - Until today I'd been freezing my ass off since starting the trip

Comment

Fair enough...it's like how here in winter everyone is like "but you're from Canada" and I shoot them hateful looks because I'm from a Seattle-like climate and -18 Celsius used to be a myth for me! Temperature is relative...

Comment

Well, I'm in Vancouver, BC if anyone cares - I'll probably be bumming around the city tomorrow, and camping out somewhere north in the afternoon. I hope. These hotel rooms are costing me a fortune

Comment

Not gonna happen tonight - new blog posts at www.roknrol.info for those following. And if you know my wife (or know OF my wife ), there's going to be a fun video posted there within the next hour or so (unless Starbucks kicks me out).

Comment

Made it to Victoria Island yesterday - didn't find the camping spot that I was looking for, but a new blog post will be online as soon as I finish uploading to YouTube

Comment

*Ahem* Vancouver Island!!!
                              Victoria is the capital city of the province, located there...

Comment

I stand corrected - my map was being deceptive

Fixing my blog posts now and adding updates...they should be there soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X