This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

I joined a gym... its sickening pink with stars hanging from the fucking ceiling and a soundtrack that makes me want to kill people, but this trainer is like a PE teacher, really pushes you. She kicked my ASS tonight, and it was awesome. Back tomorrow or the next day for some good old fashioned BOOT CAMP.

May it be noted that I have no problem with ladies gyms, just problems with places that look like Barbie's palace.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I love pink and stars! hehehehe.

Did 35 minutes treadmill today!

One more day and I fill my goal for this week!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Been keeping up with my 3 miles a day, etc., and loving it. We're in for a cold snap this weekend, which is fine - a day or two off is actually good. My ankles start to get a little stiff. Even racehorses don't train every day!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=227.msg27161#msg27161 date=1294369439]
          I joined a gym... its sickening pink with stars hanging from the fucking ceiling[/quote]

If I could find a pink, starry gym I think I would have found my workout home.

ANYWAY: One hour belly dance so far today.

Comment

My friends and I started a weight loss contest, whomever looses the most weight by percentage in 12 weeks wins $300. Its day 4 now. I've dropped about 6 pounds, only 69 more to go! lol.
            It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

yesterday: 40 min on the elliptical

today: TRX (55 min class), bellydancing (60 min class) and 30 min on the elliptical

tomorrow (planned): 40 min elliptical or mile swim...but that depends on how I feel from today

(no, I don't do this straight, I break it up into 2 or three segments)
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

30 minute circuit
                ran/jogged 3/4 mile (thought the gym closed later than it is, so it cut my workout a bit)
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

As soon as the docs' give me the OK I'll get back to the gym. I normally do an hour and a half three days a week. Haven't been able to go since mid November.
                  Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I forgot how much TRX hurts the first week.

ow.

Although, there is the one spot that I think had more to do with bellydancing than the TRX.

ow.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I think ima start doin a work out on the days I don't run. It aint anywhere near as long as what I do when I run, but its something. I decided to do more pushups and added crunches. I hate crunches, they hurt. hahaha.

I got a thing in the mail for a free 7day pass to Anytime Fitness and plan to use it next week hopefully. See how much of a differene the gym is compared to what I do now. Folks who jog/run on the treadmill and have run without it: how much of a difference is it? Or is it the same. In my head if I ain't movin forward I feel its gonne be different somehow.

Comment

hmm i just got done from work and sweat was dripping down my face....i think that is a good enough workout lol. i was running around the restaurant. lol.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

[quote author=Immortal_Dragon link=topic=227.msg28820#msg28820 date=1295061451]
                          Folks who jog/run on the treadmill and have run without it: how much of a difference is it? Or is it the same. In my head if I ain't movin forward I feel its gonne be different somehow.
                          [/quote]

Pros:
                          If you have knee/ankle/hip problems, it tends to be easier on your joints.
                          No weather to contend with.
                          Incline variability (hills are a great workout)
                          Better tracking of speed, distance, calories burned, etc.

Cons:
                          Its boring. (I think running is boring anyhow...I actually prefer the treadmill if there is a good tv show on--luckily the YMCA where I work has individual TVs connected to every cardio apparatus)
                          It does not translate to road running as well as one might think due to the difference in surface types--treadmill running is more analogous I would say to trail running.
                          sigpic

Comment

Did my 30 mins of today. Proud of me. X
                            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Thanks Thalassa. In that case I think I'll just run before I go to the gym next week. I like runnin. If I were to run on the treadmill I think I would be bored, but as long as I'm goin somewhere I don't find it boring.

Comment

[quote author=Immortal_Dragon link=topic=227.msg28967#msg28967 date=1295115391]
                                Thanks Thalassa. In that case I think I'll just run before I go to the gym next week. I like runnin. If I were to run on the treadmill I think I would be bored, but as long as I'm goin somewhere I don't find it boring.
                                [/quote]

I am the same way. I also have to have some kind of music or on the phone (if walking) i think this is because i want to get distracted or something idk.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Working...
                                X