This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

HOORAY! I have to say, you're pretty dang good at this.

So yesterday I figured out where the point of muscle failure in my lower body was for swings, so I'm going to be doing that every morning from now on. Also slowly adjusting my sleep schedule to be sane again.
    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
    without his weapons of war;
    for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
    of a spear on the way without.
    -

Comment

Yoga this AM and then hopefully swimming this afternoon if the Y opens their pool.
      sigpic

Comment

I think I'm going to dial back the swings a little bit. I was fine this morning, but as of tonight I can no longer operate stairs because my hamstrings have apparently had a rebellion.
        "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
        -Thomas Jefferson

-

Comment

50 minutes of swimming done!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I took an easy day yesterday and just walked 2 miles along the shore. Today, back to TubroFire.

Edit: actually I ended up doing 30 minutes of Tae Bo instead. Final assessment: Billy's advanced workout is less intense than Chalene's EZ workout...but it still left me dripping with sweat.
            Last edited by Storm; 13 Jul 2011, 16:04. Reason: To avoid double posting.

Comment

Daily morning workout is now dialed in completely. 5x25 swings, 5x10 military presses, 5x10 crush curls, 2x10 crush halos (beginning and ending set). Whole thing takes about 30 minutes and doesn't wreck my hamstrings. Been doing it for the last couple days without incident.

I'll probably have to figure out a second set to use every other day to work different muscles. You have to change things up for maximum effectiveness, after all.

I swear I'm going to come up with some way to build a 25m pool on my property somewhere, even if I just have to dig a clay lined pit.
              -Thomas Jefferson

-

Comment

I'm trying a new routine.

I'm going to go to the gym once a week and work out at home twice or three times. My goal is to again gain a little bit of weight. But I'm doing it slow this time, so I make sure I gain weight in the right places.

I've been to the gym twice already so this is my second week.
                [4:82]

Comment

Yoga after work. Clears my mind and makes my body feel great. Now off to bed!
                  sigpic

Comment

20 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of glutes.....I want my butt back!

Comment

Still walking & walking & walking! Good thing I like it or I'd be bored stiff by now.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Well, I finally found someone who is willing to teach me self defense and fighting styles around my handicap. Totally awesome. Yesterday was my first lesson in stick fighting using a cane. That is my method of choice since I do walk with a cane at all times. I used a bunch of muscles that I didn't even know I had. I'm so sore from it, but it is so worth it! The guy teaching me is real knowledgeable in many different methods of fighting and he has been a participant in the SCA for several years now. He says that if I want he will teach me a stick/knife method of fighting and SCA styled combat. So I think I found me a new exercise program!

Comment

Put on a shirt from a year ago today, and the belly was baggy while the sleeves were tight, so I guess that means I'm doing something right

Also I weighed myself and I've lost 6lbs since last month. Not as much as I would like, but it's something.
                          -Thomas Jefferson

-

Comment

By the way GSW, I have no idea why I didn't suggest this to you before, but if you want some decent reading you should look up "Paradoxes of Defense" by George Silver. The only published copy I know if is basically a scan of a book from the New York public library that was originally published in 1898, which was in turn a re-publish of the original 1599 treatise. George Silver was an English gentleman in the very late 1500s, and an expert on fighting with the quarterstaff. Here is an amazon link. It's a seriously rare manual, which is why it went through so many hoops to be republished.

Another one you may want to pick up is Polearms of Paulus Hector Mair. Mair was a German master of arms around the same time as George Silver, and he collected every fighting technique he could get his hands on and had them illustrated into his books. He was, unfortunately, a bit less of a genius in everyday life and was caught embezzling money from his lord, who promptly executed him. Both of those books have a lot of useful material on fighting with canes and staves.
                            -Thomas Jefferson

-

Comment

I did sooooo much walking yesterday, around 25 miles ish, Then I had to call my mum to come pick me up XD
                              "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                              - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Starting a yoga class today. I am excited and nervous!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X