X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

1.5 hours of yoga today. Fucking KILLED it. Just saying. :3
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

45 minutes of swimming!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm going to the gym tonight...not sure how much I'll be able to do, became the evil bronchitis crap is back (it never really went away, but it was manageable)...but the gym has an herbal steam room--with a mix of rosemary, lavender, eucalyptus and some other germ killing crap, and (until I skipped going for two weeks) it seemed to be helping.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Core Cardio and Balance

Comment

Oh how great it is to finally be able to work out properly. I LOVE free time! Done too much to list, but over the last few days, I've been jogging, swimming and dancing, with JP. Not to mention the multiple walks. THAT'S more like it!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

1.5 hours of P90X: Legs & Back, then Ab Ribber X. DAMN my psoas hurts.

Comment

fitting excrise is benefit for our body, but if you have wounded on your body , pls relax for some time.

Comment

^ I know what I'm doing, but thanks for your concern.

1.5 hours P90X again. Shoulders, Bicep, Tricep, then Ab Ripper X. I am getting so trim

Comment

96lb this morning!! Think it might be something to do with starting to swim again. The pool is still being refurbished, so we still have to get changed in freezing portaloo changing rooms and walk past reception, through very cold corridors, in our costumes. There are however, far fewer people accessing the pool because of this, so we (JP and I) have the pool almost to ourselves some days. That makes it worth while.

We walked to Newcastle again today too. It took me 20 minutes longer with JP than when I do it alone, and I was late for my Japanese sesson with Miyo-chan, but we still did a good 10 miles of walking today (and a short jog when we realised be had BOTH left our mobile phones in the flat ^^).

I decided that although I still hate my thighs and probably always will, 96lb is a little underweight, so we both bought a whole chocolate easter egg between us (reduced to 45p each due to easter being a month ago), and we ate the whole damned things!
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

1 hour of a really good stretching routine. After my week and Legs and Back tomorrow, I needed that! Now I just have to wait for my cousin's hands to heal so we can do the Yoga X DVD (best ever). Those first 45 minutes of vinyasas would've killed him today, though. Glad we did the stretching instead. XD

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                        1 hour of a really good stretching routine. After my week and Legs and Back tomorrow, I needed that! Now I just have to wait for my cousin's hands to heal so we can do the Yoga X DVD (best ever). Those first 45 minutes of vinyasas would've killed him today, though. Glad we did the stretching instead. XD
                        I might just have to see if I can get my hands on that DVD! JP and I just follow 'Yoga for kids' With Colin the Cobra, that we record from the fitness channel! I'm not sure yoga is supposed to be fun, but we laugh the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                          I might just have to see if I can get my hands on that DVD! JP and I just follow 'Yoga for kids' With Colin the Cobra, that we record from the fitness channel! I'm not sure yoga is supposed to be fun, but we laugh the whole time!
                          DEFINITELY GET IT. It's 1.5 hours long and worth every bit of it. I'll say though that it's not for beginners - not because the poses are so hard, but because he doesn't always explain the form very well because he's not a yogi. But seriously, if you can LOOK at him and then COPY it, you'll be golden! And I always skip crane. It's a terrible thing to add to a 1.5 hour long DVD when the first 45 minutes were already on your wrists in plank.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                            DEFINITELY GET IT. It's 1.5 hours long and worth every bit of it. I'll say though that it's not for beginners - not because the poses are so hard, but because he doesn't always explain the form very well because he's not a yogi. But seriously, if you can LOOK at him and then COPY it, you'll be golden! And I always skip crane. It's a terrible thing to add to a 1.5 hour long DVD when the first 45 minutes were already on your wrists in plank.
                            Gonna see if my library has it and if not, I'll grab it off amazon. I originally learnt from a book in my teens, and it was quite technical so I at least understand the basics and terminology. I just never studied with a teacher, so I do worry I might be making mistakes that only a teacher would pick up on. I'm actually pretty bad at asanas that require me to balance on my hands/arms. My legs are like ox legs, but I have very weak arms.

Comment

Did 5 miles on my bike on the trails by my house and some leisurely swimming at the community center. Feeling good
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                                Gonna see if my library has it and if not, I'll grab it off amazon. I originally learnt from a book in my teens, and it was quite technical so I at least understand the basics and terminology. I just never studied with a teacher, so I do worry I might be making mistakes that only a teacher would pick up on. I'm actually pretty bad at asanas that require me to balance on my hands/arms. My legs are like ox legs, but I have very weak arms.
                                Yoga X is a part of P90X, so you might have to illegally pirate it from the interwebs (which would be totally fine, BeachBody makes enough money).

If you have some learning then you'll be fine. He does ENOUGH but for a beginner it's a bit of a stretch (ahaha, pun alert). There aren't many that require balancing on your arms alone - only crane, and I always skip that one because any exercise that comes with the disclaimer "now don't fall on your face" is one I'm all right overlooking.

The breakdown is as follows:

45 minutes of vinyasas, which is basically salute to the sun and then building up off of that (same moves over and over and over and over)
                                45 minutes of poses (balance, belly, seated)

The pace is slooooooooooooooooooow, which is why I love it so much. The more slow twitch fibers you access, the more serotonin your brain releases. Yoga is an excellent way to do this, so you'll be in a great mood AND you'll be all stretched and lean.

Comment

Working...
                                X